22nd February

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Gearx

Gearx Void-Bound Voyager

2. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

Ah, I thought you meant that they didn't credit. But yeah, a big part of the beta process (especially early-mid beta) is development of ideas. When it comes down to it, seeing good content in the community, which the community doesn't truly own themselves, and adding it to the game, is never a bad thing. Look at it like this: Would you rather have specific content as a mod that may or may not be updated by the author of the mod with each client version update, or would you rather have the content included into the game itself and not have to worry about it suddenly becoming unavailable when the client updates?

[edit] Personally, if I authored one of these mods, and it became included into the actual game client, I would feel honored, not upset. I think inclusion of mods into the game is a good thing for fans and content creators; it gives them more incentive knowing that a majority of people and devs like their content to create more and new content. [/edit]

But yeah, like I said: I apologize for misquoting you; I misunderstood what you meant. My fault.

3. karrade

karrade Void-Bound Voyager

Probably one of the most intelligent design decisions ever. If something is worth including, its worth including, why stand on ceremony. If the mod maker enjoys the idea, as I would, then why not :).

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  4. MichMedia

MichMedia Intergalactic Tourist

I use Fully Customizable Ship and Extra Zoom Levels.

5. Qio

Qio Aquatic Astronaut

I believe HoaxRumors' Drumsticks mod and Ryuujin's Avian Tail Feathers are prime candidates. As I mentioned in another post, I doubt anyone would argue with the inclusion of either of these mods since it seems almost everyone prefers them to the default Avian sprites. Besides, these should not be so difficult to actually add to the game, as they do not make major changes to items, crafting, or other systems, like some mods do.

I am surprised at the amount of custom race supporters, especially with the Avali! As much as I love this race, I doubt the feasibility of adding it to the game officially; however, I would like to propose another solution. If the game downloaded the required assets for another player's custom race (only the race they are currently playing -- other races would not appear) then other players would not have to download those mods, and custom races would be much less of a hassle, especially in multiplayer. Of course, there are problems that would need solving with this solution, so it might be easier to just add the Avali to the game ;)

Another common request is a vanity item to completely hide your armor. For this, I would also provide another solution (perhaps a more elegant solution, but certainly a more complex one). Make the vanity item slots double as checkboxes when they are empty; clicking a box would check it in, hiding your armor for that slot until unchecked (or until an item is put in the slot).

Also, SSStormy's Extra Wings mod would be great for some additional back slot vanity items. Again, this should be simple enough, provided they could simply be found as random chest loot.

Jbeetle likes this.
  6. Xophe

Xophe Void-Bound Voyager

7. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Shadewarp likes this.
  8. Merawolf

Merawolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. LordRandom

LordRandom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Avali Race Mod and Creative Mode please.
    So awesome...

10. Fangzahn

Fangzahn Aquatic Astronaut

1. Avali Race Mod
    2. Avian Tail Feathers

11. vrman3d

vrman3d Poptop Tamer

I was working on one of these (and it's FUN!) But I've never released it, perhaps I should... Have other ppl had the same idea and made one?!

ty, vr

12. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to go with Princeofmar5's Fully Customizable Ship Mod.

13. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I keep wondering why that guy just doesn't make solarium bars central to each recipe. It would be an easy way to make them endgame items, also mitigating the need to balance them for early on. Everybody in the PVP zone using mechs to fight would definitely rock. Way more exciting than swords or human-sized guns.

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  14. artbot345

artbot345 Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

I would like the mods Avian Tail Feathers and Drumsticks included.

15. DraconicFire98

DraconicFire98 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the Avali race mod i just got it and im loving it

16. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

17. parrotsnest

parrotsnest Intergalactic Tourist

Rare loot items.
    Rare ores
    Taming abilities
    Rare dye tubs

18. TheDerpyPickle

TheDerpyPickle Void-Bound Voyager

1. MMN Gun Extended Ammo Mod.
    It's a really nice addition to the game, and the guns are really fun to use!

2.Dyeing Bucket
    Dyeing clothes is cool, and it's already somewhat implemented in the game. Also, I like my differently colored assassin's mask.

3.Various Race Mods
    Though I like the game's races, the modded ones are extremely cool as well.

4.Extended Songbook Wide
    The current game's songbook menu is a bit cramped, especially if you've got as many songs as I do. Also, maybe a search function for the song menu.

5.Various Weapon Mods
    Like the aforementioned race mods, I like the ingame weapons. However, I do find them a tad limited. Perhaps more kinds of weapons?

6.Persistant Farmables
    I find farming kind of tedious, because you've gotta be on the same planet or somewhere in the same area as the plants for them to grow. I want to spend my time exploring planets and looting dungeons, not sitting next to my still-growing corn stalks.

7.No Energy Grappling Hook
    I just feel that the grappling hook shouldn't have any energy consumption. Though I could also use mobility techs, those are pretty rare.

8.Multiple Techs At Once
    There's a mod for this somewhere, maybe, but this is more of a suggestion rather than a mod addition. It gets really annoying when I've got to switch from my sweet energy dash tech to my rocket jump tech when I'm running away from a horde of monsters. Or perhaps a quickswitch key that allows me to cycle through my current techs.

9.Storyline
    Again, not really a mod, though I'm sure there are mods for it. Just another suggestion. I feel that the charm of the game is being kind of sandbox-like, where there's not really a questline to follow. Maybe sidequests from various NPC's on random planets? The sidequests could have rewards, like pixels and resources. I would honestly like a kind of terraria fashion, where there's not really a storyline, but rather a plethora of bosses to defeat. Each boss gives to access to the next boss, with much more loot and also much harder to defeat.

10.Perfectly Happy Item
    It makes me smile when a mod fails to load. :\

11.Various Ship Additions (Suggested: Fully Customizable Ship Mod)
    Another "various addition" suggestion. The in-game ships are small and cramped, especially for one like myself who never really settles down on planets for a home base. I like to travel planet to planet, exploring and defeating dungeons to reap the rewards. My ship is far too small to fit all my stuff in, including chests, crafting stations, and possibly even some decorative things such as the lamps and tables and chairs. The Fully Customizable Ship Mod is one that I like, where I can choose how my ship looks and how big it can be. Another idea for this is some sort of ship dealership, a rare find on planets. Maybe you need to pay the dealership the resources to build ships, and the ships get bigger with each sector you can purchase them in.

12.Dungeon Addition Mods
    I'm going to go ahead and say I'm getting pretty sick of the sewer dungeon (also called the "Potty Dungeon", by me and friends) because it's time consuming and tedious to explore, with little to no rewards. More types of dungeons, bigger and more filled dungeons, possibly even hidden dungeons on planets. The dungeon could be hidden deep underground or high up in the air, right on the edge of the planet's atmosphere. Because I'm really, REALLY tired of defeating poo creatures in an outhouse sewer.

13. More Tech Mods
    I like the techs in the game. More mobility to help get from one place to the other. However, it could be vastly improved upon. Maybe you could have passive techs, such as things that regenerate health slowly, or give you faster move speed overall. Possibly some techs that assist in combat, like stun waves or something.

14.Furniture Tiers
    The biggest container in the game is the shiplocker, and you can only obtain one of these things. I expected the larger chest to contain more items, not the same as smaller chests! Furniture should go along with weapons as tiers, like a violium bed healing much faster than a wooden bed, and an impervium chest storing much more than an iron one.

Thank you for considering the fanbase, and for making such a great game! Please consider these suggestions in order to make an awesome game even better!

v6ooo likes this.
  19. nhkim08

nhkim08 Orbital Explorer

MadTulip's spaceship mod. The difference between this mod and all the other spaceship mods is that you can actually "set" the tiles using the tile setter. Basically it makes the blocks surrounding the ship look connected.

20. Space_explorer

Space_explorer Phantasmal Quasar