Mod by HuggableCreep, MadTulip, TooManySecrets, thesidofevil (since rev 776) and thakyZ (since rev 808).
Doccumentation is currently limited. WIP.
The mod is about building your own spaceship block by block. When you start a new character you get a small starting ship like the one in the image below (human version) which features a Shipstation. On your Shipstation you can craft all the components of the spaceship you see (like the large fin) and many more. Ressource requirements for the individual parts span over some tiers of ore. Another craftingstation which you will need to build in the process is the Metalpress which is available at the Shipstation as well.
There is also some Spaceship physics or mechanics included which i.e. let you float with zero gravity in space or damage your character if your ship has a hull breach. The little fan you see on the left side is a life support system. These are required to stay healthy onboard your ship while not wearing a space suit. Mechanics like theese that put some constrains on the ship beeing functional are also a topic of this mod which is not as well developed as the pure modelling of the ship so far though.
Next to that there are also smaller vessels like landing pods (block by block ships which you can one-click deploy on planet surfaces as an initial base) and WASD controllable scoutships (mech similar newtonian one seat mini spaceships).
Content (Rev. 811):
- Build your ship block by block.
- A lot of craftable decorative spaceship items like fins and thrusters for all races.
- Float outside of your spaceship
- Life support system detecting hull breaches.
- Deployable landing pods which let you land shuttles (similar to the one in the image below) on planets with a single click. You can later on even scan in your own creations with the Building Scanner and Building Scanner marker in principle allowing you to land your whole spaceship on planets.
- Scoutships; (mech similar, WASD moveable, newtonian flight skimmers)
- Mining Pod (mech similar, WASD moveable, mines downwards,slow skimmer)
Human starter ship example:
- Performance Patch
Some people experience performance problems with a large number of life support vents. Those systems are quite CPU heavy due to the bad performance of the underliing runtime interpreted lua language. By installing the No Life Support System Performance Patch you can deactivate the negative effect/debuff a lack of life support system normaly gives the player. You can then remove all the life support objects from your ship and just play without their negative impact on performance.
This performance patch can be added or removed at any time without influencing your savegames. You just have to restart starbound. For a multiplayer game however it is required that everyone (server and clients) all use the patch or all do not use the patch.
- Modules in a box:
For instructions about this functionality please see Rev. 172 patch notes and theese 2 videos.:
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
Deployment of Building printers or "modules":
Scanning and deploying:
- Review of this mod by RockPaperShotgun and others
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
- Known Bugs:
It is in general a good idea to delete (first backup) your saved characters and ships before installing or updating this mod. (\giraffe_storage\player\*)
- Install for a preexisting character
1. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\player and make a backup of the content
2. Start the game and move all items and objects you wish to keep from your ship to a planet or your inventory.
3. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\player
4. Locate the file with .shipworld extension and delete it. If there are multiple each of them corresponds to one of your characters. The one that changed last is usualy the one belonging to the character you played last.
5. Start the game with your character. As its shipworld (the file containing the ship) cant be found a fresh starting one from this mod will be installed.
- All parties (all clients and the server) need to have the exact same files.
- Race Mods
If you want to use this mod with custom races i recommend taking a look at this example 3rd party mod which i wrote for the ningen race.:
The working principle is as follows.: The third party mod is dependend on both this mod and the ningen race mod. Therefor it loads last overwriting all changes done by the one or the other. It then makes the required changes to universe_server.config in order to define the links required for the ningen race to use the human starter ship of this mod.
As a race mod autor you can use this 3rd party mod as a template and also create a i.e. /ship/ningen folder in that 3rd party mod which could i.e. initialy contain a copy of our humand ship from /ships/human. You can then rename the files and alter them as you would like your races starting ship to look while beeing used with out mod. If you as race mod autor contact us, we will link our race as compatible here.
- Currently supported custom Races and required compatibility mods
- Ningen Race Compatibility Mod -> File
- Ships made by users:
Contest winner MagicHunter160:
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
- Module In A Box code was developed by Pilchenstein & MadTulip
- VasVadum for helpfull suggestions and ShipStation filter code
- Cgeta for suppliing images for computer screen objects
- FormalRiceFarmr for his horizontal door code.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
MadTulip`s Spaceship Mod Rev. 852
Spaceship: Block by Block; Objects like Thrusters; Space mechanics; Landable!, Flyable Scoutships