22nd February

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 22, 2014.

1. devrock3033

devrock3033 Aquatic Astronaut

Starfoundry (with more machiiiiines plz :,) Cannabis Mod, anything that turns blocks and furniture into pixelsss

2. Fallgone36

Fallgone36 Void-Bound Voyager

Better Beds Bandages & Drills
    4x4 Pickaxes
    Diamond Furnace
    Lossless Voxel Compressor
    StarBay
    Consumables

3. devrock3033

devrock3033 Aquatic Astronaut

ALSO more ship modificationsss plz

4. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

Was too lazy to say it. Thanks for doing the job. Extra races should be left to mods. The devs have enough to do instead of putting in flavor text and lore for each new race.

Don't think any drugs will be added beyond stims. Even then, I think the only effect they can put in for it right now is an increased hunger rate.

If you're starving for pixels, try out my Gems mod. Thanks for giving me a reason to plug it.

devrock3033 likes this.
  5. -Mh King-

-Mh King- Seal Broken

Starfoundry. Variety is the spice of life. Survivalist Mode. Spacebound. Madtulip Spaceship Mod.These would be great if they got added to give the base game more content to those that really like staying on the vanilla version while having a extreme amount of content to keep us occupied. That being said the console versions will be so bland if nothing happens to the vanilla version if none of theses spectacular mods don't make it in the final version.

6. MechroKat

MechroKat Void-Bound Voyager

Fully Customizable Ship

7. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

MrStrangerPL likes this.
  8. Gingas02

Gingas02 Void-Bound Voyager

Variety is the Spice of the Universe (http://community.playstarbound.com/...f-the-universe-a-universe-biome-overhaul.199/) More biomes =awesomeness

Starscape (http://community.playstarbound.com/...rscape-biomes-planets-sectors-and-stars.1046/) Complements VitsotU and adds black holes+more stars which means AWESOMENESS

Wasteland Planets (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/wasteland-planets-mod.853/) Lived on PLANETs = a huge amount of awesomeness

and finally Dyeing Bucket (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/dyeing-bucket-multiplayer-friendly.970/) this should already be in the game WHY IS IT NOT Chucklefish!?

9. Kyasupah

Kyasupah Pangalactic Porcupine

OCEAN BIOMES! Focus on the things you're promising, stop worrying about mods! :facepalm:

Chucklehead likes this.
  10. Biske

Biske Scruffy Nerf-Herder

XS Corporation Mechs. That's really the only thing I can think of off the top of my head atm.

11. Chucklehead

Chucklehead Subatomic Cosmonaut

I also want this and the appropriate music for biomes. So far the tentacle planet seems to be the only one with the right music.

12. Kyasupah

13. Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd like:
    Variety is the Spice of the Universe with StarScape, Wasteland, and a few other unique biome mods merged.
    Bees!
    Industrialization
    Ammo Overhaul (MMN)
    Frackin' Flora
    Something akin to MadTulip's ship mod, more emphasis on parts rather than building your ship block by block.
    Construction Squared support with a first-party version of this. Would make building detailed objects easier. Should still require the input of raw materials though.

14. Kyasupah

Ok, i'll admit that I want these in the game http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/lightdrones.675/
    only done a bit better. An animation for hovering while you stand still would be a good one. Looks a bit crap atm. Still a much better idea than a lantern on a stick.. maker of the mod claims it impossible to add an animation for when you're standing still.. Impossible seems like a strong word.. Surely it can be done.

15. DougHeffernan

DougHeffernan Space Spelunker

16. falkenbr

falkenbr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, I really love starbound. I really love to play solo or multiplayer, but in this week I can't play.

I spend more time trying to figure how to fix something. I have no access to a complete changelog of telling me what was added or changed. I have to check every mod to remove, test and check again in the starbound. I spend hours looking around about the "heckTreasure" bug, and someone make a fix. Don't work really well, but have 50% of chance to don't crash the game. At least, I can play without any mod and have 50% of chance of crash.
    Really, I hate to complain. Starbound is a great game, have a great idea. I really love to play this game, lore, races, mods, everything... But I wonder if the devs do some testing before releasing updates. Or at least make some private of test with modders.

Rather than focusing strongly on the content of modders should focus on fixing bugs and implementing management functions for servers. In multiplayer starbound is really easy to cheat and turn off the server, using a third-part cheating tool or a unwanted mod.

As example, if you take a creative or cheat mod and use in a modded server without your mod, you can make the whole server enter in a loop and crash. If you use a hosted server, you can lose your account quickily.

Another example is about server-side character. Someone can easily edit the starting treasures and make a character in the solo game with everything. And later enter in the multiplayer with tons of stuff and start to griefing or making powergame. Worse if you have any roleplay server.

17. Subtle_Banshee

Subtle_Banshee Void-Bound Voyager

I would absolutely love to see something like:

Extended Ships Mod
    Shadow-Casting Lights

The first because the ships as are are far too small for things like storage and, in my case, farming.
    The second because I feel it's more realistic, and looks nice.

18. XailentGames

XailentGames Subatomic Cosmonaut

19. coldReactive

coldReactive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Lerex

Lerex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

- Chests Plus
    - Some of the Races
    - Dungeoneer Dungeons
    - Sky's Ships