1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Description plates 2.7

Tag your containers with special nameplates.

1. Myrmex
    Note: this mod is a new version of "description signs". Since i've redone 100% of it and some people may like old style letters, I decided to create separate thread.
    You can use both mods, but it's recommended to uninstall old files before using this one.

[​IMG]

Have to manage tons of stuff? Got lost in your own storage? Not a problem anymore!

This mod provides you with crafting station for making various and detailed nameplates for any kind of stuff you can find in world of Starbound.

They are only three cells wide, but one sight on them is enough to identify a content of your crate, shelf, box or chest. Also good for decorating.

You can choose from
    26 signs made of 8 materials: wood, simple stone, inlayed stone, iron, gold, neon screen, led tubes and laserboard.

Chisel tool required for crafting plates is available through the workbench and can be used to create basic 5 types of common nameplates.

Then it can be upgraded to professional for gaining access to more hi-tech nameplates, consisting of precious ores and electronic details.​
    How to install:
    Compatible with Beta v. Angry Koala
    Unpack archive in your .../Starbound/mods directory so paths would be like this:
    –[Starbound]
    ...–[mods]
    ......–[descriptionplates]
    .........+[interface]
    .........+[objects]
    .........+[recipes]
    ...........descriptionplates.modinfo
    ...........player.config

Recent Updates

1. New letters
  2. Compatibility patch
  3. Compatibility fix

Recent Reviews

1. Ev1l0rd
    Ev1l0rd
    5/5,
    Version: 2.7
    Great, maybe we can use our own writing on it as well?
  2. DaedricShadow
    DaedricShadow
    4/5,
    Great mod with a lot of work and creativity but into it, very useful for storing weapons found and crafted. Just one thing: could you possibly add whether it's multiplayer-compatible into the overview, please?
  3. bluecar06
    bluecar06
    5/5,
    As myself and my friends, this makes hoarding so much easier ;) Also, May I use this in a upcoming mod pack? If you need more information, contact me via. private conversation
  4. andydirk88
    andydirk88
    5/5,
    Version: 2.6
    Works exactly as advertised. As a hoarder and organizer, I don't know what I'd do without this mod.
  5. AlphaGodith
    AlphaGodith
    4/5,
    This is quite useful, and I love that the signs come in different colors. Unfortunately though, I can't use them because they aren't quite the right size for the kind of storage containers I use, and having them off-center really bothers my OCD. Is there a chance we could get different sizes? I think the current signs are 3 blocks wide... 2 or 4 block ones would be perfect for me.
  6. beches
    beches
    5/5,
    add NO MONKEY sight pls
  7. ipodrage
    ipodrage
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4
    Thanks a lot for this mod, perfect at what it does! But like Cirom said, can you add a "Misc" sign?
  8. StarBrethren
    StarBrethren
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4
    Excellent mod! Simple to install and the requirements to build signs are reasonable and make sense. Not to mention that the signs help you stay organized... that's important too!
  9. Cirom
    Cirom
    5/5,
    Version: 2.35
    An excellent mod for sorting out your inventory! Rather disappointed at the lack of "Misc" sign, though. ("Random" or "Stuff" will do, I guess...)
  10. Zinhita
    Zinhita
    5/5,
    Version: 2.3
    Much needed for organization.