1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Liquid Extractor 2.2.2

Throw capsules filled with liquids using the Liquid Extractor!

1. DrBob3002
    Patch 2.2.2 released! If you have a previous version please delete those folders before you extract.

Bummed out how there's currently no way to transport liquids in Starbound, but desperately need to for a project you're working on?
    Me too, that's why I made the Liquid Extractor! It doesn't allow you to pick up liquids (yet), but instead you go through a unique crafting process and extract the liquids from blocks instead!

[​IMG]

Water & lava capsule demonstration
    [​IMG]

And that's that! Easy crafting and placing of liquids.

[​IMG]
    To install the plugins below extract them to your mods folder like normal. The only difference being some of them will merge with the existing folder(s) (so that there aren't a whole mess of folders just for my mod!).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This mod has support for LowestFormOfWit's Tabula Rasa mod! It allows you to bypass all crafting restrictions and craft it all with just some pixels!
    [​IMG]
    Above: This plugin uses tabularasa's new mod filtering system! If you have multiple mods that use the tabularasa it will now be easy to filter what you want to see.

Note: The gelatin plugin items are included in this plugin. You don't need the Gelatin plugin to make this one work, but if you don't have it there will simply be two items that show up as "Perfectly generic item.".

Mod link: [here]
    Plugin download: [here]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Demonstration
    [​IMG]

Gelatin is used to easily turn liquids you come across in the world into their congealed form. This means you don't have to haul around tons of blocks to throw into the Liquid Extractor! Just throw a gelatin capsule into a body of water and start harvesting the blocks that form.
    Note: This plugin is incompatible with any other mod that adds liquid to the game (for example "Variety is the Spice of the Universe" mod), however it is not at all required to take full advantage of the Liquid Extractor mod.

Download: [here]

[​IMG]

This plugin adds support for the popular mod Variety is the spice of the Universe! It comes with four new capsule types:

[​IMG] Blood capsule
    [​IMG] Sulfuric lava capsule
    [​IMG] Icy water capsule
    [​IMG] Murky water capsule

These capsules are crafted just slightly differently than the original liquid capsules. Take a gander at the following image (or just look at the capsule creator in game!) to see how to craft them:
    [crafting infographic coming soonish]

Also included with this plugin is the Gelatin plugin which will work for all these new liquids as well!

Mod link: [here]
    Plugin download: [here]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    M4ck, wolfboyft, Wulfens and 22 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Medabeats
    Medabeats
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2.2
    Excellent mod, the only possible thing that could improve it would be Frackin' Flora support
  2. Dark Raven
    Dark Raven
    5/5,
    Im giving this 5/5 as its exceptinally well done mod, balanced and adds more customization options..
    I cant seem to open The Capsule Creator tho .. Furious Koala patch ..everything else works like a charm !.. can you tell me what to do :? :/
  3. Art-Official
    Art-Official
    5/5,
  4. Kokiris
    Kokiris
    5/5,
    Very great mod =)
  5. alphabetsoup
    alphabetsoup
    5/5,
    -Worked perfectly upon extraction, no glitches
    -Instruction graphic is rather confusingly laid out, but does otherwise explain all the required components
    -Minor annoyance: needed to re-craft the Starship Upgrade MK 2 to craft the capsule creator; would be more convenient if it detects that Starship Upgrade MK 2 is already unlocked, though not sure if physically possible.
  6. Faughn
    Faughn
    5/5,
    This'd be a great addition to the base game: more sci-fi than buckets, more hands-on than pipes and pumps.

Suggestion: the number of material blocks needed per congealed block could vary by the hazardousness of the liquid (e.g. x5 for water, x10 for acid, x15 for lava), to make lava harder to get than water.
    Or it's fine as-is, with x5 for each, and the fact that it takes longer to mine hard lava-type blocks than it does to mine water-type blocks already reflects that balance.

Either way, this mod adds value to material blocks, and in an intuitive process. It's clear you've put time and thought into this creative mod. Great work!
    1. DrBob3002
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the suggestion and review.
      I actually did have the same thought when it came to balance, but for exactly the reason you said (harder to mine) I decided to just keep it as is. Maybe some are too easy to get though, like acid. I'll take a look at it. :)
  7. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    4/5,
    Version: 2.2.1
    I'm only giving 4 stars, Not because it's not great, cause it is AWESOME...but...I want blood water....SO only 4 stars until I get blood water!! >.< Or at least make it so you can insert the flesh blocks to make tentacle juice...that would be a way around it... but I will still see that as cheating the system until we get blood water ^_^.....must make a moat of blood for my floran, you see
    1. DrBob3002
      Author's Response
      But there's no such thing as blood water in the game..unless you meant for the Variety is the Spice of the Universe mod. In which I DID add support for it including the blood water. Look under the plugin section.
  8. Nomi_Slam
    Nomi_Slam
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2.1
    Oh goody I can move liquids nao
  9. Gothboy77
    Gothboy77
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    This is an excellent mod, however I am waiting for Variety support to be finished before I use this. Good job and keep up the hard work!
  10. dyveira
    dyveira
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.2 | 1.0.4
    Excellent, it helps a lot with building traps and aesthetic structures.

Also, for people having trouble building the Capsule Creator, you need to re-use your Starmap Mk2 if you have already used it. Once you reuse it, you'll get the "new blueprints unlocked" message, and you can build the Capsule Creator at the Robotic Crafting Table.