1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Horizontal Doors 1.8.4

Adds horizontal "hatches" that fit into the floor

1. FormalRiceFarmr
    Switch to this superior mod!
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/better-doors.2119/
    I will no longer work on horizontal doors since this mod very effectively replaces it!

Craft new alternate doors called "Reinforced Hatches" that are also capable of being placed in the floor.

Hatches are crafted at the metalworks station or at the Tabula Rasa
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/the-tabula-rasa.114/
    Hatches may also be 3d printed. Please note that larger doors can be awkward to place, so just try moving your cursor at different spots and make sure the gap is the right size!

F.A.Q.
    • Why didn't you make new door items instead of replacing the doors in the game?
    If I replace the already existing doors, it breaks all doors generated in the world. In order to get the orientation switch working, I had to center the door placement node. This breaks all doors previous placed in a different alignment, so in order to replace vanilla doors, I would have to edit all of the dungeons, just for a mod that adds a new door function!

• Why are the door image previews cut in half?
    The short answer is I don't know how to fix it. It happens because of the changed door alignments in the files. If you have a coding solution, please share it with me.

Known issues:
    *Glitchy movement when stuck inside a horizontally placed door
    *Image preview of doors are cut off on the right while viewing in inventory
    *Ship Hatch sometimes is placed in the wrong spot (not sure if this is a recurring problem, only happened to me once and doesn't seem to happen again)

I will add non-hinge doors by request. Here are the doors in the mod:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. ded
  2. Update to Enraged Koala
  3. Updated to Furious Koala

Recent Reviews

1. rhst
    rhst
    4/5,
    Version: 1.8.4
    mode is good
    I like the 9-block size big hatch
    but.. why you used the sound that current opening sound of big hatch

hatch is big.. but the sound is not matching with hatch
    feeling much lighter than small doors opening.

so, I wanna ask : how can I change the sound to original one?

sry for my bad english,
    and thank you for reading.
    1. FormalRiceFarmr
      Author's Response
      as stated on the description page, this mod is no longer maintained
  2. yelroh
    yelroh
    5/5,
    Thanks a lot for that mod!
  3. Markelius
    Markelius
    4/5,
    An excellent mod I used it before the other mod the author mentioned effectively replaced it and it worked well. I would have rated five stars before that came out too.

IMPORTANT: If you are uninstalling this mod, make sure to remove all placed hatches first! If you don't they will be visibly gone but your character will still collide with the "ghosts" of the hatches. These invisible barriers cannot be removed without removing the hatches themselves while the mod is installed!
    1. FormalRiceFarmr
      Author's Response
      Unless it's changed, when it happened to me I just placed blocks over the invisible walls, then mined them. Resolved the issue usually
  4. toby109tt
    toby109tt
    5/5,
    Cool
  5. Phantaeon
    Phantaeon
    4/5,
    Great once you finish all vanilla doors can you add vertical doors for other mods? Also. Porticullis anybody?
  6. Fenix36
    Fenix36
    5/5,
    just what I needed :)
  7. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    This modification SHOULD be actually implemented in the "vanilla" game...
  8. Kaldi97
    Kaldi97
    5/5,
    Awesome.
  9. Faughn
    Faughn
    5/5,
    Simple and effective! I hope this functionality gets added into the game.
  10. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    pretty quick update...keep up the good work