1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated The Amorybound Wars 0.5.3

Starbound meets The Amory Wars! Includes balanced (but useful) back items for your characters!

1. Tiered emblems (28 "new" emblems) available; a lot of misc. changes.

Vith
    Lots of changes in this update, so I feel that I can actually call this a full new version. Below, you can find the update notes. Please note that this is a general outline, you can find the exact values for certain things on the mod page itself, under Emblems section.

Small changes:
    • Claudio's Emblem changed from gray to green color, to fit better in with a color theme.
    • The Writer's Book changed from a single section crafting station to multiple sections, so the...
  2. Emblem crafting recipes tweaked.

Vith
    For 0.4.7, the recipes were alright, but they were quite unnecessary. I cleaned up how crafting works for the Emblems now (even though you'll be getting iron a lot earlier before oil or bottled healing water for new characters), the pacing seems a lot more logical to me; a much better sense of progression.

One huge oversight I had with the previous version was that you could craft The Writer's emblem immediately after Claudio's if you didn't trash the other Emblems; that has been...
    Nurmetya likes this.
  3. Two new Emblems, more balancing, and updated pixel art!

Vith
    • Two new Emblems have been added, "Chase's Emblem" and "Writer's Emblem".
    • Sprite artwork completely redone from the ground up on most items.
    • Since two new Emblems have indeed been added, the stats and buffs have been tweaked for each Emblem to keep a decent balance.
    • The original crafting recipes for each Emblem did not make any sense in the least. This has been rectified, requiring a lot more items to craft each Emblem. This allows to make each Emblem you craft feel...
  4. Crafting station update, and crafting recipe changes.

Vith
    While the old crafting station graphic was of my own creation, I decided to just edit the colors of the Glitch Codex and use that instead. One reason why I decided to do this was because I wasn't happy with the graphic for the crafting station I made, and it didn't fit in with the other Starbound sprites very well (same could be said for the Emblems I suppose). Another reason why was for space (now you have more options where you can place it).

You won't have to delete the crafting...
  5. Rage values tweaked, and crafting station available.

Vith
    v0.4.5
    • Since I have weapons and armors (possibly furniture items as well) planned down the line, I thought that I'd get a crafting station out of the way. To keep it lore friendly with The Amory Wars, the crafting station is a book on top of a table with a book stand. Yes, you can indeed craft from a book. Become all the amazing writers that you aspire to be. :)
    v0.4.4
    • I still felt that the Rage buff was still way too powerful, so I tweaked it...
  6. More balancing, last update for a while.

Vith
    First off, I apologize for all the updates! This will probably be the last update for a while, unless I find a critical bug or the like. I'd also like to take the time to thank everybody for all the support and bug reports, as well as suggestions. :)

Anyway, for 0.4.3, I tweaked the Health, Energy, and Armor values for each emblem to be more balanced, as well as tweaked the health regen values for each emblem (healing items now have much more of a use). Now, I personally feel that the...
  7. More balancing.

Vith
    There is no longer a separate folder for balanced and original emblems. I decided that having just one version of the emblems would be good as long as they're balanced but still useful, but not terribly overpowered. Balancing issues may still exist, but I believe I am on the right track. The old balanced and original versions of the emblems are still available here, if you...
  8. Balanced Emblems now available!

Vith
    A balanced version of the Emblems are here, for people that didn't want to customize or edit the files every time there's an update. You're still free to edit the files as to how you wish, in case you want to customize them a bit still. Since there are indeed different versions to the Emblems now, please make sure you only place one version of the Emblems in your mod folder, otherwise, you will encounter conflict errors. There may be more balancing to be done to these new Emblems, in case...
  9. Health regeneration is in!

Vith
    Somewhat of a moderate update for v0.4.0! Slow health regeneration is now in, ranging from 1% to 2% health regeneration per second. As always, if you don't want this buff implemented with your Emblems, you can check out the mod customization guide to remove it, or even tweak it if you want the effect to be more powerful (or weaker). Other small changes included updating the graphics...
  10. Doh! Wilhelm's Emblem is craftable again.

Vith
    Whoops! Wilhelm's Emblem had a spelling error in the player.config.patch file since version 0.3.8, so it wasn't able to be craftable. The issue is now fixed, sorry for any inconvenience! This issue was brought to my attention by Guydirectionerw, thanks (I would have caught it soon enough though)!