1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Ask Laurence (Old Messy Thread)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

EDIT: This thread is messy, so here's a link to a cleaner one where I'm restarting it all: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/ask-laurence-2-0.132209/

Ask Laurence 001.png
    Hello, and welcome to Ask Laurence! I have since moved this comic to Tapastic, but I still post here when I update so that people who regularly check these forums can be notified sooner than with Tapastic's less-than-optimal emails (I've gotten emails a good week after the thing had been posted).

Here is the link to the new Zaniness: http://tapastic.com/episode/209780

And here is everything from this thread compiled for easier reading:

Title(shrunk).png
    Hello all! I've been toying with the idea for a while of a guy that answers people's questions. The catch (there's always a catch) is that he hates his job and hardly ever cares about what he's being asked. I'll probably make a few with stock questions (meaning of life, how are you, etc.), but I'd also like any questions you folks have to offer.

Also, this is experimental in that not only is the idea experimental, but it's also practice for me to progress my skills and practice drawing the same person over and over in different positions.

So, if ye got questions, ask away! I'll probably answer some of my own soon enough if nobody asks.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Here's the first bit. Hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]

Query. What race are you?
    [​IMG]

What kind of things do you like to do for fun?
    [​IMG]

In hindsight, I see that Laurence has a classic case of Living Hair, where his hair is different in every picture. Woops. I'll fix that in questions to come.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I was showing these to my brother, and he pointed out that the first picture has a couple of typos... Darn. Sorry 'bout that! To make up for it, here are a couple more answers:

Questioning. What was your animal half? Was your mother or father said animal?
    [​IMG]

What job would you rather be doing, since you hate this one so much?
    [​IMG]
    I feel very lazy as of yet (I'm so sorry!). I've been getting into a new hobby, and it's been absorbing a lot of time. That, and I'm playing video games (I'm so sorry!!!)... Anywho! Here's another one:

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
    [​IMG]
    Also, I feel it's important to point out that Laurence's opinions and mine are very different. I he says mean words, I don't mean anything by it. Not only that, but if he says not to do something, I'm sitting back here chanting you on to do so. :p

So do you have a special lady or male friend in your life, Laurence?
    [​IMG]
    So that's a no...?
    Dang it; Sir Slush posted a few minutes before I got finished with the other two. I'll get to it in a bit; for now...

Lol. How did you get this job?
    [​IMG]

can i sign you up to okcupid
    [​IMG]
    I gave him a tail, because why not? He's mostly fox, anyways; it fits in.

Also, I wanted to add something to the procedures of this makeshift doohicky; if you want, you can throw whatever you like at Laurence, sort of like how people might send packages to video people like Good Mythical Morning. Just say what you want to happen, and I'll try to work it into it. How does this work? I don't know; maybe you ought to ask?!:proper:

If you could choose between having a toothpick, an orange or a flat pebble for to make your job more interesting, what would you pick and what would you do with it?
    [​IMG]

Ooh, that's a good show.. And a good idea. Now now, what to send...(and I like the tail, it fits!)

Did you like to listen to music before you signed your soul over to the people outside the box? If so, what did you like to listen to?
    (I would like to send Laurence a harmonica, to bide his time in-between interviews.)
    [​IMG]

:rofl: You didn't even draw him in the comic and it's brilliant. lol
    Yeah, I can't really show what's happening because the studio only has the one stationary camera. That and laziness. :p

It'll get back to seeing him in a bit, no worries. I just like the idea of them fighting off stage.
    [​IMG]

because laurence what if we were to trick a pretty lady/boyfox into also being in the box for all eternity =u=
    [​IMG]
    For most, a cup of coffee is what it takes to get your brain working in the morning. For Laurence, who drinks coffee like water, it just has no effect; as such, he substitutes coffee with beating up his fellow employee.

Where are you from? There must be some interesting place a half-fox man came from.
    (*Just in case rhomboid sends a lady/gentleman fox for you, why not have a comb and some cooooool shades?)
    [​IMG]

WHOA THERE. Wasn't expecting that. :O

Who are the people who contracted you to the box?
    [​IMG]

Laurence, where is this box?
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Dang it, wrong file! I fixed it now.

uh, well tell me what you're into laurence and i'll see if any of them match :sarcasm:
    [​IMG]

have you ever been impaled by a cat
    [​IMG]

Awesome. :rofl: What an intriguing box this is.
    If you could talk to any one person you wanted, who would it be? What would you ask them?
    Sadly, I couldn't devise a good way to have Laurence say "I don't know;" my brain's kinda shutting down right now. :(

What's your favorite animal, Laurence? And just in case you get bored again, I'm gonna send you a deck of cards. NO. TWO decks of cards. I'm sure you'll use one as weapons anyway.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for not showing all of your things you're sending; he puts most of them into a box for later use (mostly as weapons). If you were to send bigger stuff (stuff that can't really be held in his hands), it'd probably get a bit more show time. Otherwise, I might have him just twiddling his thumbs via various objects. Or beating Ed. Either or.

So, let us talk about conspiracy theories...do they interest you? How has your box in the center of the universe not become one? o_O
    [​IMG]

*Sends kitten and food*
    [​IMG]
    I originally planned to have Laurence throw the kitty on Ed, but I realized I can't draw cute little kitty cats. I can, however, draw cat people. :proper:
    [​IMG]

*eyebrow waggling intensifies*

so laurence

whatcha gonna do with yer new company

:rofl: lol, that face. Why is he so surprised though? Kitty-people would make me so happy.
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully this accurately answers both your questions: the answer is, of course, that Laurence has been deprived of coffee and violence, and thus can't think straight. Obviously.:badpokerface:

*check the food bag, it's not cat food*
    It's coffee.
    [​IMG]
    How did he get the sack? The world may never know...
    [​IMG]

You gonna be alright there Laurence, or should I send a pet manual? I thought you liked cats!
    [​IMG]

I wanted to ask you, what were you doing before you were tricked into working in the box?
    [​IMG]
    I hope you folks don't mind that the flashbacks have a different style; I like the idea of sketchy flashbacks, so I'm trying my best to imitate that.

What was the guise they used to make you sign your contract? What did you think you were doing? :O
    [​IMG]

laurence do you have any business cards
    I didn't want to make a whole page to say "Yes, here it is," and I didn't want to spoil the image with a speech bubble, so... Here ya go!
    [​IMG]

Wouldn't it be "terrible" if the catgirl and Laurence became friends? Wouldn't it be "worse" if the catgirl is secretly a scheming mastermind? You know, the kind that can secretly plot how to take down corporations, find loopholes in contracts, or simply an escape artist.. Of course, don't tell Laurence I asked these questions Mr./Ms./Mrs. Disembodied Voice Directing the Show.. Wait, are these questions being recorded live and he can hear everything I just said? If not, then good! Tell him my question is: "What is your favorite stress relief method and could you show it to us?"
    [​IMG]
    Took me a second to get what you were suggesting there; sneaky little fella, aintchya? He'll get it eventually (most likely if-and-when it happens, assuming of course that it happens; you certainly don't know whether or not it will. :badpokerface:).

You tempt me greatly Laurence.. You do realize that, right? Tempting me is generally a bad thing.. If it ends poorly for someone other than me, I'm prone to acting upon it.. You do like bright colors, right? What if your skin/fur was covered in a random pattern/mess of bright colors? The kind of pattern that resembles a crayon factory had a meltdown and you couldn't resist swimming in the lake it created..
    [​IMG]
    To better portray Laurence's reaction, here's a quick clip (mind you it isn't entirely clean in the language department, but it's just the "D-Word").
    Darn You! (open)

[​IMG]
    In response to all box related questions:
    [​IMG]
    This technically answers all of those box questions, but here's some extra elaboration: There is a literal camera that takes images of Laurence and turns them into pictures; If Laurence tried to escape, The Box would probably keep him inside with it's infinite size; and it's a box, not a turtle. Sorry to burst yer bubble, but tis the truth. :cry:

I think Laurence likes me! At least, the closest to the definition of "like" in his hate spectrum possible.. Yes, Laurence, I'm on to you! I know how you think! I know all about your many shades of hate! I am inside your head! I am reading your thoughts! You are thinking I'm crazy and creepy, but due to me being inside your head, that makes you also creepy and crazy! Now you are thinking, "What does he want?!" I'll tell you..

I want...

..to give you a nice big 20 pound bag of coffee!

*insert giant bag with COFFEE written on the front here*
    *secretly hides 20 pounds of crayons inside it instead of coffee*
    [​IMG]

What a creative way to answer the question, I appreciate that. :rofl: Gosh it's gonna take so much soap to get that color off his fur!

So now, what is the meaning of life (other than drinking coffee)? I figure you'd probably know best, as you've lived such a long time answering questions for people from an extradimensional box in the middle of the universe.
    [​IMG]

can..
    can i play too

<inserts laurence-specific dream-monitor 2000 CaptureCam>
    -- Double-post merged, Jun 24, 2015 --
    i want to see his dreams
    [/creepyvoice]Well, your CaptureCam was able to pick up this little fella:

[​IMG]

... Obviously, this fox has some issues.

Goodness gracious, poor Laurence!
    I'm gonna send Laurence some paper. Now that he has crayons, what would Laurence draw and/or write?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey Laurence, I have a question for you..

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also asked somewhere on the last page, what does Laurence's room look like? I know it was marked on the map of the box...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It appears I have yet to make it into his nightmares.. This could only mean one thing... I'm in his good dreams! I wonder what he is dreaming about with me in them..? Due to myself not being in his nightmares, that also means that picture couldn't be about me! Besides, he got the stripes wrong! I don't have X shaped stripes over my eyes.. Also, that cat doesn't have a white underbelly like I do.. Now it begs the questions of who it is suppose to be and why is he drawing pictures of them sleeping with a leash on? Also, why isn't that tiger wearing any clothes? Is there something you need to tell us, Laurence?
    [​IMG]
    Laurence! Behave!
    Rising from the depths comes forth a post! HUZZAH!
    [​IMG]
    Lame excuse for laziness... :cry: But I've been out of the grooves for three weeks. Three weeks!! That's literally the longest consecutive grounding I've ever had (generally it's a standard week and pretty common, and the previous worst was two weeks). I also have less time to use the computer, so responding to all the questions might take a moment.

I'M SORRY.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah... In hindsight, planning to draw original poses in each post, all of them sitting behind a desk, wasn't the best idea. Time for change!

I'll answer dem dere questions next, don'tchya worry!
    -- Double-post merged, Aug 3, 2015 --

Laurence... you look like coffee. Are you part coffee as well? (Probably...)
    [​IMG] `
    I'm glad this didn't come out looking like complete dirt; it was baaad before I shaded it.

Also, I'll be answering questions in no particular order. This one was straightforward, and I'm a lazy hunk of junk trying to save time. :badpokerface:

Any comments on this new style would be appreciated!
    People have been drawing Laurence, which is very nice of them! Here's what's been drawn:
    Fan Art (close)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Couple of pics from Varc Audial

[​IMG]
    Request I made of Kaiachi

I am very appreciative of these pictures, and I'm sure Laurence will be too!

[​IMG]

Um... Never mind then...

Though he has changed since I first started this thing. His neck is much skinnier, and he now has light reflecting off of him. I've also decided not to go with colored lines; it just doesn't fit my style too well, I guess (plus it's a pain in the neck...).

And does Laurence have any family or anything? And if he did, did they all die a long time ago since he can live forever and stuuff?
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the bland background and lack of shading; Krita's being annoying, so I accidentally screwed up a couple of times.

So, might I ask where your coffee comes from normally when people don't send you coffee?
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the lack of color; there are just so many questions! I finished three questions, then three more popped up. So, to speed up, I'm gonna need to skip over the coloring for a bit. I'M SO SORRY.

And something that you wouldn't have noticed unless you downloaded every picture so far, I've stopped naming my pictures funny things. This is the first numbered answer!

To Laurence:
    You should be nice to felines.. We are crafty and vengeful.. When given the advantage, we tend to take full advantage of it.. Seeing how what I say has a tendency to come true, wouldn't it be wiser to play nice with the kitties? After all, it would be a shame if something unfortunate were to happen to that neat and organized weapon collection you have.... wouldn't it? What if they somehow got...... misplace? What if they fell into the hands of a coworker you have been mistreating? I wonder if we can get Ed's revenge on camera?

Hey Ed! You should shave him bald while he sleeps!
    I'm sure you can do better than that, Mr. Tiger, now that you have that birthday wish. I'm still wondering how you'll make Laurence's life horrid... *Sinister Laughter Ensues*

peppu will asssk.
    asssk... give cup.
    [​IMG]

Wait, you didn't say "I want to give Laurence a giant mug o' joe?"

Whelp.

what does laurence look like in a suit

also can i see his tail
    Well, when Laurence was a wee lad, he might've looked like this:
    [​IMG]

Laurence your hair is realy nice.
    do you use hair gel?

Does Laurence get good WiFi connection in the box?

But where's the water come from? Do you just have an infinite source of water in that box?

Wait,....Laurence...do you use Coffee to style your hair?
    Now for Laurence to carefully consider each question, giving a full, thought out response to them all.
    [​IMG]
    ... Well then.

I just wanted to draw that face, then I asked myself, "Why?" Well, he just had the biggest mug o' joe in his life, so... That's why. At least I actually answered each question! My original idea was for him to just say "Maybe" to all the questions, but I decided that wouldn't have been much fun.

Something pretty minor; I've reverted to the style of when I began. No matter what you think of it, it's a heck of a lot faster than the other methods I use, which makes it easier on me (I'm very impatient, you see).

What kind of shoes do you wear, Laurence?
    [​IMG]

Edit: I guess I could ask a more serious question. So, we know we're able to see/hear inside the box and pass things into the box, so is there absolutely nothing you can do to interact with the outside world but what we can see/hear and what you can accept?
    [​IMG]
    I just realized they both have the same pose... Legitimate coincidence, right there. And hey, the cat person is back! I wonder what her name is...

No, really, I have no clue. You guys should give her a name.

tail is floof!

so laurence what's your greatest weakness?
    [​IMG]
    I'll be able to finish the other question tomorrow. Right now, my brain simply refuses to draw anything vaguely resembling Laurence. Weird.

[​IMG] Laurence, it seems safe to say that you like coffee. But how do you like your coffee?
    [​IMG]

So, do you find loopholes to that contract often?
    [​IMG]

What does Amelia like to drink?
    [​IMG]
    Phew! Three images today. That's a lot, for those of you who don't know.

And I'm starting to really like Amelia; she's a good relief from Laurence's grumpiness and Ed's stick-in-the-mud-ness.

EDIT: Oh! And I'm trying a new shading style. How do you like it?

Hmm...
    Things seem a little boring right now, I think we can get Amelia to spice things up here! (Nu pun intended... hehe...)
    So, I'm sending you one bag of Catnip, a bottle of rum, (For whoever wants it, likely Ed.) some valerian root, (See video below) and some chocolate milk. A gallon or so of chocolate milk.

Now to see the chaos that ensues. *Waits patiently.*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It just so happens that when you stick a bunch of tasty stuff in front of a child, they'll probably consume said good stuff. Amelia is now high, drunk, and on a sugar rush at the same time. This will likely have very serious negative effects against her in the future.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

In other news, I think I'm going to start limiting myself to one response per day. This is simply due to time constraints; even if I'm satisfyingly fast at making these, I still want to do other stuff on my computer, which I only have two hours to use in the day. Of course, this also means I'll have to pick which questions to answer. I'll try to answer several at once when I can (like when Laurence had way too much coffee), but some questions may go unanswered.

So if you want to get answered, you can increase your chances by making very interesting questions and sending gifts likely to cause havoc! :D

I like the new shading style, it gives them a bit more depth! The shine on her hair looks really great also. :D

Laurence, you need one of those small one-cup-at-a-time personal coffee makers to hide in your room. Maybe hide it in your weapon drawer so Ed won't mess with it!

*smuggles in personal coffee maker inside of a well sized book named "How to Be More Compliant with Your Trickster Dragon Overlords/Captors"*
    They'll never know. :sneaky:
    [​IMG]
    Wow! I can't believe you got your hands on the dragon-sized copy! Those things flew off the shelves. No, literally, they were nabbed by dragons and they flew off the shelves.

Dang it, the corner smells like coffee now.

wanna cookie, laurence? :3
    [​IMG]
    What problem, Ed? I don't know what you're talking about. Nope. Not at all. No clue as to what you might be referring to.

Laurence looks a bit odd in this one; it's the neck, I think. When he's hunched over like that he looks strange. Improve thine posture, my boy!
    Okay, today I have a question for you guys. I've drawn the answer to this question, and then shaded it in two different ways; I would ask that you tell me which you prefer (and then ask question; I think I'm out!).

I've got a question.

Laurence, do you like to read?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Personally, I view them both as equally decent, though I find the second one a bit cleaner (I didn't spend too much time on the bench or book in either one).

Also, Laurence is suspiciously not a total grump. I wonder why...

I like the first one's shading a bit more, although it's hard to tell the difference. I could see the appeal of the second one though.

*Sneaks in The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit*
    What, they're good books!
    And if you have a full compendium (in dragon scale, to boot), it makes an excellent weapon!
    [​IMG]
    Captain Karo here requested I draw him. He mentioned he liked coffee, so bada-bing bada-boom he drank from the wrong mug!

-looks at pose-
    -looks to camera-
    -furious eyebrow waggles-
    [​IMG]

Ow! Lesson learned! I'm sorry!
    Oh, you'll be sorry, alright. Just look:

My turn!

Laurence, do you like Amelia? Ya know, as in like like her? :giggle:
    [​IMG]

I hope you know there's much better coffee than that.
    *stomps away angrily*
    [​IMG]
    I'm surprised you got better so quickly. Are you sure you should be doing all that stomping? Those Dragon-Edition books are pretty heavy; it couldn't have been fun to be squished by one.

In other news, we've hit a lull. Quick! Somebody throw a wrench in!
    Dang it, I said I'd only make one a day, and here I am making two a day twice!

*sits on the sofa and rubs his head* Hey Laurence... Is there any food here that you won't kill me for eating?
    [​IMG]
    I tried some new texture stuff this time. I've already done the background texture, but now I tried it on Laurence. Though I'm afraid it may not look the best... What do you people think?
    By the way, I have anothe

I dunno - I wish I knew. Can I ask the dragon thingy to let me out?
    ...Surely there's a way out.
    [​IMG]
    Ooooh, what's gonna happen? Will you sign the contract? Will you just go back where you belong? Will you READ the contract?!
    Such suspense!

I have a decent loophole detector, but Amelia can definitely do better than I can. LET HER DO IT FIRST
    [​IMG]
    Oui. Que la chatton a dit.

I have once again tried out a new technique. While it certainly looks nice, I don't think many of these new techniques are quite as fun as how I used to make 'em (for the outlines, at least; thin lines are darn well tedious!). As such, I shall probably just make the pictures with that line-style that varies in thickness.

Also, if you're interested in my artwork outside of Ask Laurence, you can check it out here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/vurrunnas-various-assorted-arts.99816/#post-2649828

EDIT: Slight typo, which annoys me only because she's speaking French. She says "le contract," which should be "le contrat."
    Well, while it may not be bothering you people as much, Ed's definitely a bit confused.
    [​IMG]
    Ahhh... Back to my good ol' drawing style. It works well with the multiple layers of shading!

And now, onto a bit of sadder news.
    [​IMG]
    I'm takin' a break from Laurence. I'M SO SORRY!!!

I believe I've mentioned that Ask Laurence is mostly practice for a bigger idea I'm working on. Well, I've decided to devote more time to the big stuff!

Don't worry; Laurence isn't gone indefinitely. I just won't have as much time to work on our coffee-crazed friend, and when I do it will likely not be quite as well made as the stuff I've been making so far (which is to say it will look like crap).

If anybody's still inclined to ask questions, such as about the universe the Box resides in, I'm perfectly willing to help. Though, sadly, Laurence is currently flying through the infinite chasms of the Box. He'll be back! Eventually.

I can't think of anything stupendous to leave off on, so... Boop.
    Well, life is boring without Laurence. I'm bringin' 'im back!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Um... Well that's new.

I am fluffier than you, Laura. The admins told me so.
    [​IMG]
    Whaaaaat?! Laura was once the fluffiest fox around? And she came from some republic that's probably really just a plutocracy run by eagle idolizing fools?!

No, wait, that's America.

I wonder what are the key differences between Laurence's universe, and Laura's universe....
    Ac-tu-al-ly, they share the same universe. As you may recall, Laura's just subbing until Laurence gets out of his inter-dimensional-rift (he probably jumped in to grab an extra mug o' joe...). Also, I believe I mentioned long ago that Ask Laurence (now Ask Laura) is set in the same universe as a big story I'm making. Take notes, everyone! Some of these names will be important!

Oh, and to help prove Laura's point of fluffiness:
    [​IMG]
    LAURA: I mean, the whole thing was just a trick by Senator Vaal to try and get me in his manor. Luckily, a friend told me about his... er... reputation before I accepted the role. At least I got to keep the crown!
    Nobody wonders why Laura used to be normal fox colors but is now Laurence fox colors? Nobody? *sigh...* It's the French thing all over again...

So Laura, if you are the genderbent Laurence, then are you basically his opposite?
    [​IMG]
    People only say "It's not a big deal" when it's a REALLY BIG DEAL!!

It says so on my license!

[​IMG]

C:
    [​IMG]
    That there Senator Vaal is quite the character. But seriously, he's got a messed up rep.

If someone wants to make me happy, they could ask some stuff about where Laura comes from! We know she's from the same Universe as Laurence, but what is that universe? Who lives there? What's the Tallan Republic? How did Laura get here? Why is Laura here? Plenty of stuff, people! Somebody ask already!!

Where did you come from, Laura?
    [​IMG]
    I tried a thing! Whaddya y'all think?

So Laura, where did you come from? I see you didn't get stuck in some sort of contract like Laurence did? I mean, you've obviously been doing some sort of beauty contests or something (were you wearing a lot of makeup in that picture?), but what do you do? :D
    [​IMG]
    I think I'm gonna stick with this style of shading for a bit. I've been meaning to try it out, and what better place to do so than Ask Laurence Laura?

Sheesh, how did I miss that this was started again? Why did my alerts not alert me? Anyway, I have two questions. One: How old are you Laura? (What? That would tell me important info about if she's in the same box (pun intended.) as Laurence.)
    And 2. How do you relate to Laurence? Sister? Genderbent him from another universe, random ex-wife, random person who ran into a box and got stuck forever with him?
    [​IMG]

Also, mind the cat while you're there. She has some... strange tastes since I sent a gift over.
    [​IMG]

Also, could you get your "friend" Ed to say Hi to the camera? By that I don't mean literally speaking the phrase, I mean have him/her step in front of the camera so we can see them!
    Happy Belated Birthday, ye old coot!
    [​IMG]
    HOLY SHNAP IT'S ED.
    In these next two, I tried some new style stuff. The first is a bit of a subtle change, with some added textures (yay texture!), while the second is more obvious, with less direct coloring. My plan is to get something that colors the important stuff, while leaving empty space in the less important spots (based off of the style in Harpy Gee, which is a wonderful comic). Gimme yer artistic feedback!

Hey laura, I made you this paper mache crown. Cause I can't afford gold or jewels. Also, how would you try to cheer up a sad freind?
    [​IMG]
    I'm assuming she'd give 'em a gift.

Wait... wait a minute. Do you... do you possibly like Laurence? Maybe a little? Like, like him?
    [​IMG]
    Pry! Pry! PRY DARN YOU!!

Hey Laura, have this picture. It's totally not a picture of Laurence in a cute pose. *cough* it totally is *cough*

LAURA SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT LAURENCE THINKS YOU'RE A QT3.14. COULD WE GET YOUR OPINION ON THIS INTERESTING TIDBIT?
    raises mic to laura expectantly*
    [​IMG]
    I'm gonna have one more later today, then I'm going back to the one-a-day rule.
    Thanks @rhomboid for making this beatiful picture of an Edna:
    Byotifull (close)
    [​IMG]

Here is Ed's response:
    [​IMG]

Laura, how did you get past Ed, the cat, and the dragon anyway?
    [​IMG]
    Because Amelia is a creepy stalker.

Also, now foreign languages will generally just have a colored speech bubble in which the words are translated (excluding when you're really not supposed to understand, like with some made up language like Latin).

*sends bucket of ice water to be dumped on Amelie*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You made a child cry. Congratulations. :wut:

But seriously, I'd start running. Laurence is gonna kill ye when he gets back.

I'm also a child, y'know. Kinda. And besides, she was acting creepy... I'm not sorry. And I'm also not gonna run. I can take anything that fleabag fox dishes out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alternatively:
    [​IMG]

Well, Laurence is back. Aaaand now there's a broken effigy of Miss Alkane in the middle of the Box. Ed better get to cleaning that...

Hmm...
    *Ties a rope around Miss Alkane*
    *Shoves Miss Alkane into the box*
    *Keeps hold of the rope*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sheesh, Ed, I knew you're weird and all, but keeping fox ladies in the shower? That's messed up, dude.
    [​IMG]
    Well, Laura certainly looks less Laurence-y...

She looks more like a fluffy fox! >w<
    [​IMG]
    *Gasp!* There's a hallway?! How very mysterious!
    [​IMG]
    Yup, we moved.

[​IMG]
    Ask Laurence now has an actual website!!!!!1

Yeah, it's super crazy, I know.

I want to thank everybody who's stuck around thus far; you guys are super awesome, and I hope you stick around with Laurence on his new website. Here's a link: http://tapastic.com/episode/209780

Tally-ho!

This was very tedious. Look how I've suffered for you.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Higuera, Apathy Applied, :o) and 5 others like this.
  2. Borvis

Borvis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Query. What race are you?

Peppersnap and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

What kind of things do you like to do for fun?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. Vurrunna

Here's the first bit. Hope you enjoy!

Welcome!(shrunk).png
    What Are You(shrunk).png
    Fun(shrunk).png

In hindsight, I see that Laurence has a classic case of Living Hair, where his hair is different in every picture. Woops. I'll fix that in questions to come.

5. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

:rofl: This is awesome. :p And there's always practice as you draw him more.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Borvis

Borvis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Questioning. What was your animal half? Was your mother or father said animal?

Jimlad 42 and Kaiachi like this.
  7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

What job would you rather be doing, since you hate this one so much?

Seajun_, Jimlad 42 and Borvis like this.
  8. Vurrunna

I was showing these to my brother, and he pointed out that the first picture has a couple of typos... Darn. Sorry 'bout that! To make up for it, here are a couple more answers:
    Moving Along...(shrunk).png
    Other Job(shrunk).png

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Vurrunna

I feel very lazy as of yet (I'm so sorry!). I've been getting into a new hobby, and it's been absorbing a lot of time. That, and I'm playing video games (I'm so sorry!!!)... Anywho! Here's another one:
    Exotic Coffees(shrunk).png
    Also, I feel it's important to point out that Laurence's opinions and mine are very different. I he says mean words, I don't mean anything by it. Not only that, but if he says not to do something, I'm sitting back here chanting you on to do so. :p

Iskiribbles, Jimlad 42 and rhomboid like this.
  11. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh I know, no worries! :D The artist and their art are usually very different things. I know you associate yourself more with the novakid character (I think).
    I can definitely forgive you for playing video games. I DO THE SAME THING ERMAHGERD.

So do you have a special lady or male friend in your life, Laurence?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Vurrunna

Lonely(shrunk).png
    So that's a no...?

13. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Lol. How did you get this job?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

can i sign you up to okcupid
    ((I love everything about this))

15. Sir Slush

Sir Slush Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you could choose between having a toothpick, an orange or a flat pebble for to make your job more interesting, what would you pick and what would you do with it?

16. Vurrunna

Dang it; Sir Slush posted a few minutes before I got finished with the other two. I'll get to it in a bit; for now...
    Legal Bondage(shrunk).png
    Boxed In(shrunk).png
    I gave him a tail, because why not? He's mostly fox, anyways; it fits in.

Also, I wanted to add something to the procedures of this makeshift doohicky; if you want, you can throw whatever you like at Laurence, sort of like how people might send packages to video people like Good Mythical Morning. Just say what you want to happen, and I'll try to work it into it. How does this work? I don't know; maybe you ought to ask?!:proper:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Jareix Cryvix and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ooh, that's a good show.. And a good idea. Now now, what to send...(and I like the tail, it fits!)

Did you like to listen to music before you signed your soul over to the people outside the box? If so, what did you like to listen to?
    (I would like to send Laurence a harmonica, to bide his time in-between interviews.)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Vurrunna

Good Choice.png

19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

:rofl: You didn't even draw him in the comic and it's brilliant. lol

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Vurrunna

Peaceful Tunes(shrunk).png
    Yeah, I can't really show what's happening because the studio only has the one stationary camera. That and laziness. :p

It'll get back to seeing him in a bit, no worries. I just like the idea of them fighting off stage.