1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Ask Laurence (Old Messy Thread)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jun 12, 2015.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Karo, how did you get in the box anyway?

Captain Karo and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Maybe he stayed after the party somehow? It was supposed to be held in one of the random rooms in the box, methinks.

Captain Karo, Jimlad 42 and The Squid like this.
  3. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

I dunno - I wish I knew. Can I ask the dragon thingy to let me out?
    ...Surely there's a way out.

The Squid and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

By the way, I have anothe
    AskLaurence018.png
    Ooooh, what's gonna happen? Will you sign the contract? Will you just go back where you belong? Will you READ the contract?!

Such suspense!

5. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Hey, Laurance! I suggest you read that contract first since your current situation is from such a contract, tell him if the contract he's presenting is worth it.

6. Captain Karo

Uh... I kinda just want out of here. But I do wanna read that contract.

Jimlad 42 and The Squid like this.
  7. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

(Psst! Wish for omnipotence!)

The Squid, Captain Karo and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

(If that's not an option wish for the abilty to enter and leave the box however/whenever you want. Then you can steal Laurance's coffee at will!)

Captain Karo likes this.
  9. Captain Karo

This is what I want. But I MUST be able to go whenever I please.

10. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

LET AMELIA READ THE CONTRACT FIRST! She can let you know about the loopholes and/or non-loopholes!

11. Captain Karo

I have a decent loophole detector, but Amelia can definitely do better than I can. LET HER DO IT FIRST

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

:giggle: I forgot about that, yeah. Let Amelia read it first, she's actually found several in the main contract already, more then Laurance at least.

Captain Karo and Kaiachi like this.
  13. Vurrunna

AskLaurence019.png
    Oui. Que la chatton a dit.

I have once again tried out a new technique. While it certainly looks nice, I don't think many of these new techniques are quite as fun as how I used to make 'em (for the outlines, at least; thin lines are darn well tedious!). As such, I shall probably just make the pictures with that line-style that varies in thickness.

Also, if you're interested in my artwork outside of Ask Laurence, you can check it out here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/vurrunnas-various-assorted-arts.99816/#post-2649828

EDIT: Slight typo, which annoys me only because she's speaking French. She says "le contract," which should be "le contrat."

14. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

But the contractual obligation only applies to people who have already signed. o_O Though that might just be an interesting adventure anyway.

Jimlad 42 and Captain Karo like this.
  15. Captain Karo

Euh ... Eh bien, tant pis alors. Je veux juste rentrer à la maison. Je ne veux pas parler à Laurence à ce sujet. Il m'a fait mal. Merci Amelia.

Two can play the French game...

Edit: I may have just backed out too early. Hmmph

16. Vurrunna

Vous parlez en français?! MERcredi!

Though I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. It's a pretty good language to know; how else would you watch stuff like Wakfu?

And feel free to think it over. I won't get the next panel up 'til tomorrow evening, so you have some time to think it over.

EDIT: Nobody's surprised she's suddenly started speaking in French? Nobody? *sigh...*

17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I'm more surprised at you assuming we all know french, anyone want to help translate these guys?
    And it's Amelia, nothing surprises us with her any more.

Captain Karo likes this.
  18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

*boops into the thread*
    Translation:

19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

yeah I just used google translate, I don't know french. I speak German. :p
    I was surprised, but not that surprised. More confused.

Jimlad 42 and Captain Karo like this.
  20. Captain Karo

It got me by surprise! xD

Jimlad 42 and Kaiachi like this.