1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Ask Laurence (Old Messy Thread)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

I've got a question.

Laurence, do you like to read?

Peppersnap, The Squid and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

*nods knowingly*

i was going to make a play at trying to hire laurence for a job but i'm too lazy to think up a canon lol.

JUST KNOW THAT YOU WERE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.

Peppersnap, The Squid and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

AskLaurence007.png
    AskLaurence006.png
    AskLaurence008.png
    Phew! Three images today. That's a lot, for those of you who don't know.

And I'm starting to really like Amelia; she's a good relief from Laurence's grumpiness and Ed's stick-in-the-mud-ness.

EDIT: Oh! And I'm trying a new shading style. How do you like it?

4. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Hmm...
    Things seem a little boring right now, I think we can get Amelia to spice things up here! (Nu pun intended... hehe...)
    So, I'm sending you one bag of Catnip, a bottle of rum, (For whoever wants it, likely Ed.) some valerian root, (See video below) and some chocolate milk. A gallon or so of chocolate milk.

Now to see the chaos that ensues. *Waits patiently.*

rhomboid likes this.
  5. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I like the new shading style, it gives them a bit more depth! The shine on her hair looks really great also. :D

Laurence, you need one of those small one-cup-at-a-time personal coffee makers to hide in your room. Maybe hide it in your weapon drawer so Ed won't mess with it!

*smuggles in personal coffee maker inside of a well sized book named "How to Be More Compliant with Your Trickster Dragon Overlords/Captors"*
    They'll never know. :sneaky:

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

wanna cookie, laurence? :3

The Squid, LOL BALL and Jimlad 42 like this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Hey Laurence, you're part fox, right? Maybe you can ansaer this question for me:
    What does the fox say?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

*Sigh*
    This one I answer all the time, I wish people would spread this more, it's not hard. Just youtube "Fennec Fox" and you get it.

rhomboid likes this.
  9. Peppersnap

Peppersnap Big Damn Hero

sssilly.
    thisss what fox sssay.
    [​IMG]

10. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I love that picture now.
    Mishon compree! It reminds me of Terry Bogard :rofl:

Peppersnap and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. Bonabopn

12. Vurrunna

Deadly Concoction.png
    AskLaurence009.png
    It just so happens that when you stick a bunch of tasty stuff in front of a child, they'll probably consume said good stuff. Amelia is now high, drunk, and on a sugar rush at the same time. This will likely have very serious negative effects against her in the future.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

In other news, I think I'm going to start limiting myself to one response per day. This is simply due to time constraints; even if I'm satisfyingly fast at making these, I still want to do other stuff on my computer, which I only have two hours to use in the day. Of course, this also means I'll have to pick which questions to answer. I'll try to answer several at once when I can (like when Laurence had way too much coffee), but some questions may go unanswered.

So if you want to get answered, you can increase your chances by making very interesting questions and sending gifts likely to cause havoc! :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  13. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

:3

14. Vurrunna

AskLaurence010.png
    Wow! I can't believe you got your hands on the dragon-sized copy! Those things flew off the shelves. No, literally, they were nabbed by dragons and they flew off the shelves.

Dang it, the corner smells like coffee now.

15. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

:rofl: That turned out pleasantly better than I expected! And it (the drawing) looks really great too! :D

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Vurrunna

AskLaurence011.png
    What problem, Ed? I don't know what you're talking about. Nope. Not at all. No clue as to what you might be referring to.

Laurence looks a bit odd in this one; it's the neck, I think. When he's hunched over like that he looks strange. Improve thine posture, my boy!

17. Vurrunna

Okay, today I have a question for you guys. I've drawn the answer to this question, and then shaded it in two different ways; I would ask that you tell me which you prefer (and then ask question; I think I'm out!).

AskLaurence012.png
    AskLaurence013.png
    Personally, I view them both as equally decent, though I find the second one a bit cleaner (I didn't spend too much time on the bench or book in either one).

Also, Laurence is suspiciously not a total grump. I wonder why...

18. Bonabopn

A giant book sounds fun! You could use it as a screen to change clothes behind, or as a tent, or as a place to hide from ed!
    And think of the size of the paper hats you could make!

19. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I like the first one's shading a bit more, although it's hard to tell the difference. I could see the appeal of the second one though.

*Sneaks in The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit*
    What, they're good books!
    And Laurence, have you ever been on anything like this before? As this is recently started and you've been here for a couple hundred years already. (If so did you go by other names or anything?)

20. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

^THIS :D

EDIT: And I like the one on the bottom just a bit better. The shading on top is good, but I'm a sucker for 'details'. :rofl:

And he's a bit of a softy, she's laying on his lap with a cookie. :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Captain Karo and Jimlad 42 like this.