1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Ask Laurence (Old Messy Thread)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jun 12, 2015.

1. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

*eyebrow waggling intensifies*

so laurence

whatcha gonna do with yer new company

Jack_Kéther, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  2. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

*check the food bag, it's not cat food*
    It's coffee.

EDIT: That cat is awesome, btw. Cat-people are chill too.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

I'll answer those questions momentarily (by which I mean tomorrow), but for now here's a quick picture:
    Children(shrunk).png

4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

:rofl: lol, that face. Why is he so surprised though? Kitty-people would make me so happy.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. rhomboid

she's so miffed i love it

Jimlad 42 and Kaiachi like this.
  6. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

haha, this thread is the best. :DD

Jimlad 42, rhomboid and Kaiachi like this.
  7. Vurrunna

Where did it Come From(shrunk).png
    Hopefully this accurately answers both your questions: the answer is, of course, that Laurence has been deprived of coffee and violence, and thus can't think straight. Obviously.:badpokerface:
    Poof!(shrunk).png
    How did he get the sack? The world may never know...

8. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Haha, his reaction is priceless. lol Maybe he'll like her better after he's gotten a little raw coffee in his veins. (The kitty is really pretty too, I like her dress).

You gonna be alright there Laurence, or should I send a pet manual? I thought you liked cats!
    I wanted to ask you, what were you doing before you were tricked into working in the box?

Jimlad 42 and rhomboid like this.
  9. Vurrunna

Technical DifACK!.png
    Pets and People(shrunk).png
    Pretty Colors(shrunk).png
    I hope you folks don't mind that the flashbacks have a different style; I like the idea of sketchy flashbacks, so I'm trying my best to imitate that.

10. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I love the sketchy flashback! :D That's pretty awesome.
    What was the guise they used to make you sign your contract? What did you think you were doing? :O

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. rhomboid

laurence do you have any business cards

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

all i have to say about this

that face

13. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

Wouldn't it be "terrible" if the catgirl and Laurence became friends? Wouldn't it be "worse" if the catgirl is secretly a scheming mastermind? You know, the kind that can secretly plot how to take down corporations, find loopholes in contracts, or simply an escape artist.. Of course, don't tell Laurence I asked these questions Mr./Ms./Mrs. Disembodied Voice Directing the Show.. Wait, are these questions being recorded live and he can hear everything I just said? If not, then good! Tell him my question is: "What is your favorite stress relief method and could you show it to us?"

Jimlad 42, rhomboid and Alkanthe like this.
  14. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I second what the Cat Gent up there said. That'd be just the 'worst thing ever' for something like that to happen.

Jimlad 42 and Kattanos like this.
  15. Vurrunna

'Lies and Deceit'(shrunk).png
    I didn't want to make a whole page to say "Yes, here it is," and I didn't want to spoil the image with a speech bubble, so... Here ya go!
    Business Card.png
    Careful what you Wish For(shrunk).png
    Took me a second to get what you were suggesting there; sneaky little fella, aintchya? He'll get it eventually (most likely if-and-when it happens, assuming of course that it happens; you certainly don't know whether or not it will. :badpokerface:).

16. Kattanos

You tempt me greatly Laurence.. You do realize that, right? Tempting me is generally a bad thing.. If it ends poorly for someone other than me, I'm prone to acting upon it.. You do like bright colors, right? What if your skin/fur was covered in a random pattern/mess of bright colors? The kind of pattern that resembles a crayon factory had a meltdown and you couldn't resist swimming in the lake it created.. Also, could you get your "friend" Ed to say Hi to the camera? By that I don't mean literally speaking the phrase, I mean have him/her step in front of the camera so we can see them!

17. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Yeah...cause if it does happen, there may not be a box for question asking anymore. WHAT IF LAURENCE ESCAPING THE BOX MEANS THE END OF THE UNIVERSE? That would be terrible news for all of us. >.>

How do you talk to all of us, Laurence? Do you have some sort of awesome magical boxical screen with which you can view anyone (or anything) that wants to talk to you?

Jimlad 42, rhomboid and Kattanos like this.
  18. Kattanos

Wouldn't it be funny if he did escape only to fall into another box identical to the first? Or even escape a series of them only to find each one is either the same as the last or there is a single change, but it is always something awful? There are many possibilities, but not all are pleasant (for Laurence)..

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh god, boxes all the way down. We thought they were turtles. THOUGHT.
    We may be horribly wrong.

Jimlad 42 and rhomboid like this.
  20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I have a question! Laurence, have you ever tried to escape the box?

Jimlad 42 likes this.