1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Ask Laurence (Old Messy Thread)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Why not box turtles?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

You know what, that's probably right. Box turtles. :rofl: Still disturbing though...

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Pretty-er Colors(shrunk).png
    To better portray Laurence's reaction, here's a quick clip (mind you it isn't entirely clean in the language department, but it's just the "D-Word").

Diva(shrunk).png
    In response to all box related questions:
    Maps 'n' Explanations(shrunk).png
    This technically answers all of those box questions, but here's some extra elaboration: There is a literal camera that takes images of Laurence and turns them into pictures; If Laurence tried to escape, The Box would probably keep him inside with it's infinite size; and it's a box, not a turtle. Sorry to burst yer bubble, but tis the truth. :cry:

4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

What a creative way to answer the question, I appreciate that. :rofl: Gosh it's gonna take so much soap to get that color off his fur!

So now, what is the meaning of life (other than drinking coffee)? I figure you'd probably know best, as you've lived such a long time answering questions for people from an extradimensional box in the middle of the universe.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

can..
    can i play too

<inserts laurence-specific dream-monitor 2000 CaptureCam>[DOUBLEPOST=1435168886][/DOUBLEPOST]i want to see his dreams
    [/creepyvoice]

6. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

I think Laurence likes me! At least, the closest to the definition of "like" in his hate spectrum possible.. Yes, Laurence, I'm on to you! I know how you think! I know all about your many shades of hate! I am inside your head! I am reading your thoughts! You are thinking I'm crazy and creepy, but due to me being inside your head, that makes you also creepy and crazy! Now you are thinking, "What does he want?!" I'll tell you..

I want...

..to give you a nice big 20 pound bag of coffee!

*insert giant bag with COFFEE written on the front here*
    *secretly hides 20 pounds of crayons inside it instead of coffee*

Jimlad 42, Alkanthe and Kaiachi like this.
  7. Vurrunna

Sorry for the delay; chances are, Thursday through Friday will be sort of off days for me (three straight days of Roleplaying! Every week!! *Insert singing angels*). I threw these together real quick; he's off camera because I'm lazy and don't really feel like drawing right now; I just want to leave this alone even less he's trying to get crayon out of his fur. :proper:

There Will Be Blood.png
    Soap(shrunk).png
    Well, your CaptureCam was able to pick up this little fella:

Beastie(shrunk).png

... Obviously, this fox has some issues.

8. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Goodness gracious, poor Laurence!
    I'm gonna send Laurence some paper. Now that he has crayons, what would Laurence draw and/or write?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

If you've seen the things in my dreams, this looks adorable.

10. rhomboid

he's so happy to see me ;u;

Jimlad 42 and Kaiachi like this.
  11. Kattanos

Hey Laurence, I have a question for you..

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME?

Jimlad 42, The Squid and Kaiachi like this.
  12. Vurrunna

Where's Laurence001(shrunk).png
    Where's Laurence002(shrunk).png
    Beastie(shrunk).png

13. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Kattanos

It appears I have yet to make it into his nightmares.. This could only mean one thing... I'm in his good dreams! I wonder what he is dreaming about with me in them..? Due to myself not being in his nightmares, that also means that picture couldn't be about me! Besides, he got the stripes wrong! I don't have X shaped stripes over my eyes.. Also, that cat doesn't have a white underbelly like I do.. Now it begs the questions of who it is suppose to be and why is he drawing pictures of them sleeping with a leash on? Also, why isn't that tiger wearing any clothes? Is there something you need to tell us, Laurence?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Vurrunna

Laurence shall answer your questions in a moment. For now, here's some more stuff on where Laurence disappeared to. Oh, in case you hadn't noticed, he's disappeared.
    Where's Laurence005(shrunk).png Where's Laurence007(shrunk).png Where's Laurence003(shrunk).png Where's Laurence004(shrunk).png Where's Laurence006(shrunk).png
    Stay tuned for the conclusion and then answers to your questions. In the meantime... Why not ask a couple of questions? :badpokerface:

16. rhomboid

;A; poor lil guy[DOUBLEPOST=1436113533][/DOUBLEPOST]hang on

is it give them hugs

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Hires them and enslaves them in the comic box forever? Is that what he does. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Vurrunna

Well, I haven't gotten to the next little bit since I've found the process required to color these pictures can be pretty tiresome (layers are amazing, but having to clean up all the edges gets on my nerves). HOWEVER, I've recently found a new way of artsing on Krita that keeps up with my style! Here's a buff of Laurence (it's called a buff, right? With the head and shoulders?).
    Laurence(shrunk).png
    It's still sorta messy, but I was able to whip it together in only a few minutes! And, as an artist who's relatively new to digital and coloring (and digital coloring), these kind of small accomplishments seem disproportionately huge.

19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I was just about to find you somewhere and tell you that I love your profile picture, a lot. lol. I think it's actually really nice!
    And if you mean a drawing from the mid-chest up, I usually call it a bust, but maybe it's a buff too. Sounds familiar...
    Cleaning up the edges on Krita can be a pain in the ass, but I do it anyway. Dem layers tho. Awww yis.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Vurrunna

Yes! Bust! That's the word for it. My head just wasn't workin' straight; I went to the park with my little bro today, and he wanted to climb a giant hill. We went down before he passed out, and then he ran around some more. I'm plum pooped!
    EDIT: By "we went down before he passed out," I mean he was probably gonna plop on the hill, so we walked back down and he ran around after a quick breather.

Also, thank you for liking my my picture (too tired to think of a better thanking)!

Lastly, here's a new picture; I won't comment on it to avoid sounding silly in my half-dead state. :cry:
    Where's Laurence008(shrunk).png

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015