1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Ask Laurence (Old Messy Thread)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vurrunna, Jun 12, 2015.

1. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

It's like saying BACK MAN and BATMAN all at once. Which is why it is such an amazing word.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Peppersnap

Peppersnap Big Damn Hero

batman?! :O
    peppu watch! learn sssay...
    danananananananana BAAMAN! >:3

LOL BALL, Jimlad 42 and rhomboid like this.
  3. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Things're Changin'(shrunk).png
    Yeah... In hindsight, planning to draw original poses in each post, all of them sitting behind a desk, wasn't the best idea. Time for change!

I'll answer dem dere questions next, don'tchya worry![DOUBLEPOST=1438621669][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No..png `
    I'm glad this didn't come out looking like complete dirt; it was baaad before I shaded it.

Also, I'll be answering questions in no particular order. This one was straightforward, and I'm a lazy hunk of junk trying to save time. :badpokerface:

Any comments on this new style would be appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Yeah, I like the new style, so far as I've seen it. :D Getting out from behind the desk is a good idea.
    And I'm finally getting that picture of the party developed.. Laurence ate so much cake. :rofl:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Vurrunna

People have been drawing Laurence, which is very nice of them! Here's what's been drawn:
    Fan Art 1.jpg Fan Art 2.jpg
    Couple of pics from Varc Audial

Fan Art 3.png
    Request I made of Kaiachi

I am very appreciative of these pictures, and I'm sure Laurence will be too!

Fan Art(shrunk).png

Um... Never mind then...

Though he has changed since I first started this thing. His neck is much skinnier, and he now has light reflecting off of him. I've also decided not to go with colored lines; it just doesn't fit my style too well, I guess (plus it's a pain in the neck...).

6. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh Laurence! :DD You so grumpy.
    The changes look good though. :D

Peppersnap and Jimlad 42 like this.
  7. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

what does laurence look like in a suit

also can i see his tail

8. Vurrunna

Family(shrunk).png
    Sorry for the bland background and lack of shading; Krita's being annoying, so I accidentally screwed up a couple of times.

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I like his beanbag chair! :D

Jimlad 42 and Peppersnap like this.
  10. Vurrunna

There's a bit of subtle humor in there; you'll notice he's in a corner. With a bean bag chair. And a new TV.

Ah... That corner brings memories...

rhomboid, Jimlad 42 and Kaiachi like this.
  11. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ah! Such comfortable things you're referencing! WAIT, did Laurence steal those from my threads?! OOORRRRRRRRR.
    Wait. Are my threads in the infinite box? :O

rhomboid and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. BDos

BDos Void-Bound Voyager

Laurence your hair is realy nice.
    do you use hair gel?

The Squid and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Does Laurence get good WiFi connection in the box?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Vurrunna

AskLaurence001.png
    Sorry for the lack of color; there are just so many questions! I finished three questions, then three more popped up. So, to speed up, I'm gonna need to skip over the coloring for a bit. I'M SO SORRY.

And something that you wouldn't have noticed unless you downloaded every picture so far, I've stopped naming my pictures funny things. This is the first numbered answer!

I'm sure you can do better than that, Mr. Tiger, now that you have that birthday wish. I'm still wondering how you'll make Laurence's life horrid... *Sinister Laughter Ensues*

COFFEE.jpeg

Wait, you didn't say "I want to give Laurence a giant mug o' joe?"

Whelp.

15. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

But where's the water come from? Do you just have an infinite source of water in that box?

16. BDos

BDos Void-Bound Voyager

Wait,....Laurence...do you use Coffee to style your hair?

LOL BALL, rhomboid and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Vurrunna

Well, when Laurence was a wee lad, he might've looked like this:
    Suit.png

Now for Laurence to carefully consider each question, giving a full, thought out response to them all.
    AskLaurence002.png
    ... Well then.

I just wanted to draw that face, then I asked myself, "Why?" Well, he just had the biggest mug o' joe in his life, so... That's why. At least I actually answered each question! My original idea was for him to just say "Maybe" to all the questions, but I decided that wouldn't have been much fun.

Something pretty minor; I've reverted to the style of when I began. No matter what you think of it, it's a heck of a lot faster than the other methods I use, which makes it easier on me (I'm very impatient, you see).

18. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

That is such a great expression too, actually. :rofl: That's a ton of coffee.

Jimlad 42 and Peppersnap like this.
  19. Peppersnap

Peppersnap Big Damn Hero

eyebrow!
    where go? :<

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

They raised up so high on his face in excitement that they floated away! :)