DNA Mixer

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sarzael, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

The DNA Mixer:

Maybe, in the Space Station, you could have an site, on where you could place catched creatures, and extract their DNA, killing creature in the process.
    Then you could mix that DNA whit yours/give it to other player or use it for researching purposes.

The potency is random, however, the stronger is the creature, the more chances of getting a better mix you will have.

You could have up to 4 mixes, but each mix would decrease your other mixes potency.

Depending of the creature, the skill, the more powerful the creature, the best skill it will give.
    Like an small bird, would give something like less fall damage, but an giant bird, would give something like Terraria Wings.

Some creatures wont give DNA, others will have just 1 skill, and other will have lots of possible skill, and will randomly give one of them when you extract DNA.

Extracting DNA sometimes would fail killing the creature but giving nothing.

The DNA mixes should make aethestical changes to the character too.

Removing DNA from your body should be an complex, hard to complete, process, probably costing many things.

Some interesting, classic ideas could be taken from this:
    Like, mixing your DNA whit an Wolf one, would convert you in Werewolf.
    Mixing your DNA whit Bat, into Vampire.

You can also inject the DNA to your pets, if you prefer, and they will get the skill instead.

You wont know what this kind of DNA does the first time you use it, so it might be useful using on pets first time.

Also, another type of DNA Mixer is the Pararell DNA Track Creator.

This, instead of making your char look like an mix of both creatures, would leave you as normal, however, a new skill would appear.
    This skill would be Transform, and would convert your char into your second DNA Track.

The Second DNA Track would start whit 0 DNA Kinds, and you wouldnt be able to transform until you add atleast 1 DNA Kind, (Max would be 4), Allowing you to be an entire creature kind (100% Dragon), or mix whitout Human DNA, allowing for things like Gryphon (Cat DNA+Bird DNA)

However, changing bodies would cause some debuffs for the first minutes of transformation. (Both, when you convert into something, and when you go back)

This new kind of machine is named Pararell DNA Track Creator, and would take a different branch into the Technology Tree (You could have both, but you would have to develop both of them)

Mixing DNA whit Plants.
    Positive and Negative effects.
    Converting DNA into actual creatures.
    Extracting DNA from Fossils (Of creatures you wont normally find on that planet) and use it.
    Being able to create turrets that fire only monsters whit the DNA kind you give them.
    An new boss ´´Experiment 666`` created by mixing the DNA from all the creatures of a planet.
    An vanity set that hides Aethestic DNA effects.

Those are just examples of possible combos, not necesarily the true and only ones.

Splice your DNA with a sea creature: Better underwater movement and increased breathe.
    Splice your DNA with a nocturnal creature: Night vision.
    Splice your DNA with some hard skinned creature: Resistance to damage, lava and acid.
    Splice your DNA with a Songbird: Have a chance to auto tame a monster after defeating it.
    Splice your DNA with a Mushroom: Melee attacks have a chance to poison.
    Splice your DNA with a Tree: Higher defense, and better HP and energy regeneration in sunlight.
    Splice your DNA with a fire fly: Give of light
    Splice your DNA with a insect: Ability to climb walls
    Splice your DNA with a spider: Ability to create sticky webbing.
    Splice your DNA with a lupine creature: Scent ability. All organic creatures and objects are highlighted.
    Splice your DNA with a virorb: Can hitch a ride on any creature by jumping on it and sticking to it

Since monsters are generated from a set of premade pieces, the game would detect what pieces the monster you took dna from haves, and randomly swap some of your pieces by pieces of that monster, but still have it looking ´´good``, Skin would be considered a piece. Depending of the number of DNA you add, the number of pieces. If you add 1/4 of Cat DNA to yourself, just 1/4 of your pieces would be swapped. Depending on what pieces you have, some stats would change, and you would rarely receibe a new skill, most of skills would be passive, and rarely some active.

What do you think people?
    Also maybe already swapped pieces wouldnt be swapped again by new DNAs, but certain pieces would merge to make new ones.

The suggestion is on page 71 ( http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?id=7875&sort=new&c=1&p=list&pg=71 ) for voting. Vote it up if you like.

See also...
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-circle-of-life.5553/

2. merlin.violet

merlin.violet Void-Bound Voyager

So you could mutate yourself? Or is the idea similar to Dragon Quest Monsters, in which mixing creatures DNA creates a (sometimes) more powerful creature?

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  3. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

All of them and selling the DNA to other players.

Morpheel, Ricky150 and Yaxlat like this.
  4. Slye20

Slye20 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I COULD BE PART PENGUIN 8D
    I approve

BrenSage, Ricky150, *Teo and 3 others like this.
  5. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me Gusta Carna

Rian121 likes this.
  6. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Mabey you could fuse the DNA with other captured creatures and they could be pets or something like that?

Karamunin and Sarzael like this.
  7. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this idea. Are you saying that you could create different creature hybrids?

8. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, you can have anything from a flying penguin to a fire breathing duck.:D

tacoman18, Rian121 and Maplestrip like this.
  9. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome. I need a large flying fire breathing chicken. I shall call it.......Peckasus!

10. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

At public request, i added that you can mix DNA whit your pets.

AliceTheGorgon likes this.
  11. John.

John. Star Wrangler

Brilliant idea.

12. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

what about extracting you own DNA (without killing youself) and clone yourself a 100.000.000 times :p

King Leonidas likes this.
  13. John.

John. Star Wrangler

Its called respawning.

14. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

:zzz: alright I see

15. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Have your thinked,that the DNA mix can give the player special habilities?
    Like as,mix DNA with a Chameleon,can give the player the hability of hide when stopped.

tacoman18 likes this.
  16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Yeah, i said that. Like, if you mix your DNA whit an powerful bird, you would get wings like the Terraria ones.

Rian121 likes this.
  17. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

that sounds epic, it would definitely be fun to mess around with and see what you could create, as well as how you could mutate yourself <3

Rian121 likes this.
  18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Thanks you, Lady.

19. Ner

Ner Subatomic Cosmonaut

I definitely support this. Some more ideas for this:

Splice your DNA with a sea creature: Better underwater movement and increased breathe.
    Splice your DNA with a nocturnal creature: Night vision.
    Splice your DNA with some hard skinned creature: Resistance to damage, lava and acid.
    Mixing too much DNA will cause you to be unstable and possible make you ill or cause some abilities to not work.

20. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Thanks you Ner. Even trough i already said the last.