DNA Mixer

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sarzael, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Of course Lazer, In the case I stated your skin, should become scaly, maybe stonelike.

2. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

Or Insectiod, like an ant, with weird exoskeletony small spikes sticking out.

Nithilus likes this.
  3. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Enjoying your Ideas lazer, how about Scorpion exoskeleton? Comes complete with stinger :p.

4. Neroxen

Neroxen Void-Bound Voyager

This idea.. I WUV IT

5. LazerEagle1

Yup. Scorpion tails are pretty sweet.

Nithilus likes this.
  6. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I like this idea, a limit on how many different splices can be permanently affecting you and having temporary buffs. You should be able to splice your DNA with robots and become a cyborg. We need to be able to mix our DNA with dragons, that would be so epic.

7. LazerEagle1

A Fire breathing winged scorpion-tailed explosive horned human with penguin flippers

Alpha_Squad and Nithilus like this.
  8. General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

I love this idea, it would go along side breeding quite well. Also it could make some interesting events that could happen. Like some of the creature combinations could make dangerous creatures.When you make one of these they bust out of the chamber and star wrecking the area and attack all that it see forcing you to kill it (unless you actually tough enough to recapture).

Could be another event that occurs where you created a creature that breaks free and flees to the nearest planet,space station,asteroid,etc.After which it itself will multiply and have its own territory in your universe.From there if its a invasive entity it would start trying to invade other nearby planets,stations,etc. Unless of course you recapture it or kill it before it has the chance to escape the are the DNA mixer was in. There could be even more events obviously that can occur which would be triggered by the completion of the DNA mixing although the events would be a rare random occurrence.

LazerEagle1 likes this.
  9. Dasaki

Dasaki Pangalactic Porcupine

to balance it out more too, when you die you respawn as a vanilla character, no splices no buffs, no debuffs. gotta do it all over again

10. Sawongit

Sawongit Master Chief

How about when you gather the dna of every npc/monster on a certain planet, you can unlock a boss battle with a huge monster that is a mix of all the monsters on the planet?

11. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I think that it should vary with the difficulty that was chosen (probably a medium core). That way players that are poor at platformers or are just rushing don't have to worry about all of this work going to waste.
    ^This/ submit it in the contest (unless you already submitted something else).

12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I just trough something while watching the banner.
    Imagine, your a werewolf, why would you need an sword? You have some nice claws there, why dont use it?
    You could select empty hands to use the claws.

Also, an idea which i trough while making this post (Odd)

Why dont make two pararels tracks of DNA in the same character?

This, instead of making your char look like an mix of both creatures, would leave you as normal, however, a new skill would appear.
    This skill would be Transform, and would convert your char into the creature you took DNA from.
    Why you need Dragon-Like vehicles? You can be an real (In game) one!

However, changing bodies would cause some debuffs for the first minutes of transformation. (Both, when you convert into something, and when you go back)

This new kind of machine would have an new name, and you could choose beetween this and the DNA Mixer into the Technology Tree (You could have both, but you would have to develop both of them)

13. MCMo

MCMo Treasure Box

This is really good! +1

14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]

Now, We will need three slimes to produce an white slime.
    From where the hell comes the third???
    So, i guess, unless they can actually combine theirselves various times, i guess theres no way to get white slime (Unless you get DNA from them three and mix them)

15. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

I wonder?, hmm. It would be cool if you could actually use an attack based on the type of creature you have mixed your DNA with. For example: You have a poisonous tail thanks to merging your DNA with a scorpion, and you can do a "Special attack" in which you can use it as a melee attack with a poisons added effect. Would be cool :p.

16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

17. Xploding_Cherry

Xploding_Cherry Subatomic Cosmonaut

I still think that mixing your DNA with a creature from (this is just an example) a desert biome planet, should result in a buff that helps more for any other desert planet.
    Basicly, DNA from a creature in a specific biome helps you or your pet travel in that same biome.

Oh, and maybe you keep your own DNA to revert back to your normal self.

18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Xploding_Cherry, what do you mean whit keeping your DNA?

19. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

I think he means being able to switch back to the original you anytime, without the mutations you applied to yourself ^^

20. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

I think they meant to have to ability to change back to a normal human (no dna mix).