23rd February

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

23rd February

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  2. Aww yiss, sounds sweet!
    I like the idea of the outposts and three different ways to essentially play the game, good.
    Waiting for more =)

3. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Love how it sounds. Now make it happen :)

4. Insane

Insane Big Damn Hero

Well, having three sectors sounds definitely good. Everyone`s gonna be happy this way.

5. Well that was fast...

Svarr Chanston, surbus and Ecleptic like this.
  6. Typherix

Typherix Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm really intrigued by the outpost idea, and the renting out houses bit.

7. Huckleberry Len

Huckleberry Len Void-Bound Voyager

It sounds cool, I like the three sector idea. However I wonder, with one sector being where the majority of the game takes place in, and one sector for creativity without dangers (I am guessing planets excellent for building on etc.)..... will we be able to use the third safe sector for our house rentals and farming, or is that something unlocked later. Because this would mean that the first is not truly the sector where most of the gameplay takes place.... but rather the safe one for the builders / farmers that don't want to deal with protecting their settlements. Although it might be interesting to attempt to do that in a pvp sector (thinking a RP server with occasional race wars etc. attacking the other races colonies). With the statement made as it is, I am guessing the two extra sectors will not be quest or income related (simply due to the first one stated as "where the majority of the game takes place". So can we get a little clarification on that? Thanks for the information, and I like where its going. I for one cant wait to build and rent out property, with a "debtors prison" for anyone who doesn't pay.

TL DR Can we still receive rents and farm in the PvP and the "Safe Sector" instead of the "Where the majority of the game takes place" sector for profit and advancement?

8. Sartorius

Sartorius Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will there be new graphical assets for these areas?

surbus likes this.
  9. Mendacium

Mendacium Industrial Terraformer

What information will be available on the navigation view? Will we still be privy to the planet threat level? It would be a great addition if we can have an additional UI directory of planets visited, with the ability to take notes and/or have information on the user experience on the planet (amount of materials harvested, buildings constructed, races present, total income, etc). Something like the end scenario stats in Dungeon Keeper or the old Microprose games like Master of Magic or Master of Orion.

thatspabs, Verotten, Mystic and 11 others like this.
  10. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Cool, i like this update. Especially since most biomes will be in one sector. awesome.

LimpPimp and surbus like this.
  11. Ecleptic

Ecleptic Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is exciting! the game is getting cooler the further along we go!

killpay and surbus like this.
  12. Huckleberry Len

Huckleberry Len Void-Bound Voyager

They did say there would be a way to mark favorites and planets visited. But I definitely agree with the other information, it would be very helpful.

KONGIKU, surbus and Mendacium like this.
  13. Sonja

Sonja Pangalactic Porcupine

Soft-limit progression and outposts, so exciting!

Exxil3d and surbus like this.
  14. Ignify

Ignify Phantasmal Quasar

This is simply stellar; thanks for the update, Tiy!

surbus and Shaggyd0g like this.
  15. Daëglin

Daëglin Void-Bound Voyager

Holy crap this sounds amazing.

Nman1477 and surbus like this.
  16. It is. There are a whole list of other goodies he shared with us, that aren't on here... But hes still trying to decide on how to go about them, or if they're even something he wants to do.

/tease.

Svarr Chanston and surbus like this.
  17. Really love the idea of outposts! And well, pretty much everything else stated. Looking forward to more information/progress on it. ^^

surbus likes this.
  18. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is the sexiest thing I've read all day. Dirty boy.

Verotten, Roequ, Jonesy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Yeah this is gonna own.

LimpPimp, Felcreek, Ciaran_D and 2 others like this.
  20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I approve of everything in this news post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.