23rd February

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

The player / ship they will try not to wipe. Any wipe would be unintentional. There is going to be at least one purposeful wipe of the universe and planets, but the changes done to a planet are saved and can possibly be applied to another planet. I'd warn against hard work on a planet unless you don't mind a possible loss. This is one of the reasons I'm using a customizable ship mod and building there instead of on the ground.

2. IncendiaryPyro

IncendiaryPyro Intergalactic Tourist

Definitely looking forward to seeing what everything's going to be like when it's finished.

3. mawihtec

mawihtec Zero Gravity Genie

updates are pushed through frequently now and there is no plan for further character wipes should be just ship and/or world but might not happen for a while

4. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

I know I am hopping on late here but I just wanted to say: "EVERYTHING IN THE MAIN POST IS AWESOME I CANT WAIT!"

That will be all.

5. kingpat1257

kingpat1257 Tentacle Wrangler

Love this idea, but hope you used your discussion wisely

6. Bonobo Fett

Bonobo Fett Void-Bound Voyager

from what I understood ships are safe from wipes as well, where did you read/hear about a ship wipe?

7. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

Just general misinformation. Ships are as safe as the character file. They both have backups just in case.

Bonobo Fett likes this.
  8. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

Combine building with farming and it will be even more awesome :)

9. lordtuvok

lordtuvok Tentacle Wrangler

will there be wars if we get settlements, like not that much of a randomized universe but one where the races are holding each own, so it literally feels like its a living universe? and since youre just a tiny person and not a god it would really be awesome if other nations would intercept you on your space travels and maybe you would have to combat them and the likes.... maybe even create your own new nation in warband style.... it would be helpful to see what planets are populated by whom... its not like there will be always all races present at one universe location...

10. Eric Sheppard

Eric Sheppard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but won't 'Three branching paths of progression' mean that if you choose one, you won't have access to all the features and content available in the others? Because I enjoy farming, building and adventuring equally, and really wouldn't like to have to choose between the three.

11. Kwayne

Kwayne Subatomic Cosmonaut

Even though being a skeptic regarding this apsect of SB, I wouldn't have such worries as implementing exclusionary paths would probably be just needlessly labor intensive.

12. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I highly doubt it'll be like WoW's skill trees. my guess is it'll run, like, EVE or something where you can train anything in so many hours and stuff.

13. Tzukasa

Tzukasa Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, but I REALLY don't like the direction you're describing there.. I much perfer the way it is now. It sounds like you want to Severely limit planet exploration and just the ammount of available planets/diff sectors... Esp hurting early game. With all the new chars I've had to make I've found quite alot of the starter planets inadiquate for my taste and being able to move on to explore different ones early on was a must for my enjoyment of the game...

14. Cyyn0

Cyyn0 Void-Bound Voyager

if i say it straight whole idea removing sectors sucks... i rather keeping beta version!! than this shit that is COMING
    first what do i need some stupid... pvp? i love single player games and i allways hate fact that they putting all kind of pvp shit on games..
    whole pvp zone is totally pointless to me! arent there enough those stupid online games? ok so what i think about this creative sector
    its as donkey idea as first why would i want to safe Place??? when its more fun to defend your home and explore plus hunt them same places
    like now in beta thats why i like this game at least this moment and how does weapon and other items levels work if there is only one zone?
    and if its mission oriented what happens sandbox game like it is now not to speaking it broke lore and more...
    AND QUESTION TO DEVELOPERS HOW MUCH I HAVE TO PAY TO GET COPY OF THE GAME BEFORE THAT FINAL NONSENSE PRODUCT? AND THATS WHY I DONT TRUST ANY GAME DEVELOPERS U ALLWAYS FUCK UP YOUR GAMES BEFORE RELEASE! .. I TRY KEEP MY BETA AS LONG I CAN...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  15. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

another example of why you dont release with the main part of your game being placeholders.

Sartorius and Aeon like this.
  16. Kwayne

Kwayne Subatomic Cosmonaut

The existence of cretins is hardly a reason not to do something in any situation.

Bonobo Fett likes this.
  17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Since this thread is referring to an update nearly a month ago and is somehow still active, locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.