1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Switch Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

UPDATE 1.3.33 is live - please report any issues you encounter in this thread.

Hello everyone,

Stardew Valley's multiplayer update is now rolling out now on Switch around the world! We'll try to keep any bug reports updated inside this thread to make it easier on everyone to get an overview of where things are at.

Reporting Tips
    • If you're reporting a crash, please be as detailed as possible about what you were doing when it happened. This will help identify the issue much, much faster.
    • For any other issues as well, please be as detailed as possible about what you were doing in game so we can try to reproduce
    • Even if the issue has been reported, if you have new details please share!
    Below is a list of issues which we've identified since the Switch version updated. If you're having a problem in this list marked 'need more details' it would be helpful to provide more info - we're still working on reproducing/determining a cause for these issues. If your issue isn't listed here then please be as detailed as possible reporting it so we can review. Always check you have the newest game/system updates before reporting an issue to make sure it hasn't already been fixed!

Current Version: 1.3.32
    Make sure you have the latest version before reporting issues. The game may have been updated.

Color Key:
    Fixed - This issue should be resolved in the recent update
    In Develop - Fixed or have a solution in development for a future update.
    Investigating - We have reproduced or confirmed this is an issue, but are still developing a solution
    Need More Details - We're aware of the issue, but don't yet have enough information to reproduce/fix

Reports
    Below are some reports from this thread, consolidated to make it easier to scan if an issue has been reported or to find common threads between reports for the same issue.

These reports are not confirmed bugs, this is just a list of report posts formatted for readablity. If your issue is not listed here that doesn't mean it's not being read/acknowledged! If an issue is determined not to be a bug it will be removed from this list to keep it readable.
    We plan to continue to collect reports and identify issues to include in updates, but we'll need player reports to be as detailed as possible in order to properly identify/fix bugs. Our priority obviously will be any bugs which impact gameplay like crashes.

There are still some issues which have been reported, but are not listed above. This is usually because we haven't seen enough reports/gotten enough details to identify it for escalation. If you've having an issue not listed here please report it with as much detail as possible so we can evaluate it.

While some issues have threads dedicated to them - posting details either here or in the corresponding thread would be helpful - we'll do our best to make sure any new info/workarounds are communicated in both places to make sure players can find that info easily.

If you're reporting a bug which was originally reported outside the forums please make sure to add a link to the original post - we may need to contact that player directly for more details.

We're going to continue monitoring these and any newly reported problems, so please provide as much information as possible for any issues you may run into! We've worked really hard on this, and hope you enjoy the game! Thanks everyone!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
      Abdelhak1m likes this.
    • Weldersmightyb

Weldersmightyb Space Hobo

Not technically a bug, but the Item ID glitch no longer works. Was this intended in the update? I know ConcernedApe said he didn’t plan on patching it.

• cmscritic

cmscritic Yeah, You!

First thanks for releasing this patch however I've found an insane amount of bugs and issues with it. To start with, it's incredibly jerky and stutters alot on two different switches. Also, picking garbages seems to continually produce acorn and broken cd from the same trash cans every day without fail, even with a restart of the server.. I've also seen random loss of leg movement on characters where they slide across the screen instead of walking (not NPC). Overall those are the main and most annoying issues.

Edit: my wife just got the letter from the wizard for the community center the day after she already received it and visited him and completed that quest

Also my wife has joined my farm and every time she changes areas (ie town to bus stop) the controller mapping screen pops up as a load screen). This happens every time.

Wow there are so many issues I'm having to edit this over and over, sorry.

My wife and I just went to the mines, she went first and I joined at level 20 to follow her, no stairs and all of the monsters have respawned. This is on levels where she literally just went down stairs before me.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
        • Dawnuh

Dawnuh Intergalactic Tourist

I cannot play the game since the 1.3 update. The screen jerks/flickers/stutters on my year 7 standard farm game so much that it makes me nauseous. Especially when the farmer is moving horizontally. I have another year 1 game using the mining farm layout which doesn’t do this but it’s not the game I want to play. I’m on the latest patch 1.3.32

• Homelessbrian

Homelessbrian Space Hobo

My single player farm is running at about 2-3 frames per second.... I understand this is a multiplayer update but it shouldn't break single player in the process....

• fadetofunk

fadetofunk Space Hobo

I'm having trouble connecting all three switches in our house to a single game. Every time I create a farm, save a day and back out, the farm is not in the same multiplayer menu as it was created. When in a local multiplayer game, none of the other switches can see the game. Eventually, I make so many farms that I get a "Too many farms" error when trying to host a game. I've given up on trying to make it work because I don't think it's possible with this patch. At a minimum, I should be able to start a farm in local multiplayer, save a day and then load that same farm in local multiplayer. So far I've not been able to do that.

• BMRNG

BMRNG Space Hobo

i'm having the same issues as fadetofunk - i can play locally with my partner but i can't host locally or online. she's on the same network as me, our Switch's settings are identical, and i've attempted forwarding UDP 24642 and 49578, 'cos that's what it is on steam. i'm at a loss.

• take1look

take1look Space Hobo

No buttons available to send invite codes or to use them to join another farm. Here are two screenshots of the missing menu options. https://imgur.com/a/aP6rkMv

• BMRNG

BMRNG Space Hobo

people join your farm from the co-op menu now, there is no 'invite' button anymore. you host your farm, and it populates into their 'join' list.

• take1look

take1look Space Hobo

So in theory any of my friends could just up and join my farm and there's no 'invite only' mode?

• JawneeWin

JawneeWin Void-Bound Voyager

Played for a few minutes with 2 other people. I was unable to pick up wood from chopped down trees & we decided to end the multiplayer session.

• Saphsara

Saphsara Space Hobo

Thanks for an awesome game. I love the game and soo happy we now have multiplayer. We are having an issue when it gets dark out on multiplayer switch stardew. Screen is half nighttime, half daylight. Other switch display is fine. Is this a bug or console problem?
                          http://imgur.com/a/p51pD5i

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
                            vince1802 and HotGuac like this.
                          • bdreed23

bdreed23 Space Hobo

Hello, I am also experiencing a pretty nauseating frame rate issue after the new update. Playing solo, when my screen contains largely crops or animals, the frame rate drops down to the point where it looks like its constantly reloading the game screen every quarter of a second. It makes it very difficult to play without your eyes going cross from the jerky motion. I am not sure why it is happening, I assume that some multiplayer feature is spilling into solo play, like transmitting the plants/animals status to other players. This doesn't make much sense though, as I am going solo in the game. I'd probably be bold and even say that this will happen whenever too many non-permanent visuals are on the screen, though I did not observe a noticeable effect on the frame rate when in my forest area.

• procopowiks

procopowiks Space Hobo

Really, really bummed because my axe & watering can dissapeared, and when I switched to another profile my axe then dissapeared. I can’t buy new ones, and I’ve checked in the fridge/bins as well as waited for a new one to arrive overnight. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, or how to fix it, but I’m super freaking bummed as I can’t play. :-(

• Katzeus

Thanks for the reports so far. I suspect a few of these are not bugs but new behavior or setup issues. A couple are definitely not expected though, we've raised those for investigation.

Item ID exploit no longer works: We hadn't planned on fixing this 'bug' but discovered that unintended use of the glitch can cause crashes, which is not acceptable on console. (Nintendo raised this as an issue in lotcheck and we had to re-submit with a fix for it.) I know players enjoyed this glitch, sorry it had to be taken out.

Thanks for all these details. A couple things you'd reported aren't bugs it looks like:

Controller map pops up again for clients when they move between locations: this is the loading screen, not a bug.

Mine floors which nobody is on get reset: This happens when multiple players are going through the mines, with one or more players following a few floors behind. It's not a bug, however the behavior differs on PC and switch. On PC, the players falling behind will come across floors that the other player(s) have already cleared. Rocks will be broken, stairs will be present, etc. On Switch, this isn't possible due to the memory constraints of the host device, so the players falling behind will come across a fresh floor when they enter a floor that nobody else is on. You should be able to kill the monsters or break rocks to find a ladder - if one doesn't appear that is a bug.

Do you have a cabin built on the farm? If you don't other players won't be able to connect.

Newly created farm doesn't show up in the co-op menu host list:
                                farms only show up here if they have cabins on them. If you create a farm with 0 cabins (that's the default setting for a new farm you create from the co-op menu), it won't show until the cabin is built.

No invite / join options: Switch doesn't have them! Players just need to make sure they're registered as friends on both their devices, and then games they host will show up in the co-op menu. To prevent new players joining you can disable new character creation in the options menu.

• Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

I've been unable to join a friend's multiplayer game this morning. I keep getting this error:

Error Code: 2618-0513 NAT traversal has failed

I tested my connection per the Nintendo support site and it says I have a NAT B type with 44 mbps download speed, so I'm unsure what the problem is. There are two people in the game already, but I'm unable to join.

• HotGuac

HotGuac Space Hobo

I'm having the same problem as Saphsara. In handheld mode the screen shader is offset up and left an inch or so. I have a screen shot on my switch but I don't have the system handy to post it. It's the same as theirs.

• BMRNG

BMRNG Space Hobo

absolutely, 3 stone cabins. i built them before attempting to play multiplayer entirely.

• Katzeus

Do you remember if you were the host or if you were connecting? What about you @Saphsara ?

Thank you, it sounds like there could be something going on.

Could you detail exactly the steps you followed so we can try to reproduce it?

Anyone who's seen framerate issues - could you attach a pic or video of where it's happening and as many specifics about your farm as possible.

It seems like these issues have been reported on maps which have a lot of objects and crops.

It would be helpful to narrow down if there are specific items/crops/weather/farm maps which are a common element. We're aware of these reports and are investigating.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
                                          milktanks and Dawnuh like this.
                                        • Saphsara

Saphsara Space Hobo

I was the host but my switch was fine .. my husband switch had the screen issue. He later checked single player and it was working fine. So it is only In local multiplayer. He hasn't tried hosting yet. Maybe we will try that later. http://imgur.com/a/HcWRZl1

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
                                            milktanks and Katzeus like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.