1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

Updated the AI Fix mod.
    Now there's a command to repair the FTL Drive:
    [​IMG]

I also fixed the thruster repair command so that it requires 1000 pixels as stated in the
    dialogue.
    Previously it was saying it needed 1000, but only actually required 500.

No Nightly update today?

FrostyAvo likes this.
  2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

they are slow swinging but they got a shotgunlike projectile
    it also does TONS of damage

3. spiritofcat

How long has this been a thing?
    [​IMG]
    It won't let me teleport down to a Moon.
    A sensible precaution, but I'm wearing the Survival System (spaceairtankback), so I should have breathprotection!

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  4. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Tic Tacs?

5. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

sence nightlys have been out
    it doent propley check if you got breathprotection right now
    so you can bypass it by pressing the teliport down button in your hud

6. spiritofcat

That's strange. I haven't noticed it before, and I thought I had beamed down onto moons.

7. ejh1990

ejh1990 Phantasmal Quasar

Eesh. Not personally fond of that moon failsafe. It's all a bit hand-holdy. I can get behind a "Hey, this may be a bad idea" warning, but to outright say "Nope." is a bit too restrictive, in my opinion. If the player wants to be silly and teleport down anyway I think they should be able to; it's not like much of anything of any particular use can be mined or gathered in time anyway...

... Which might be a point against my own argument, but I think that outright preventing access completely does away with freedom. At least if the player has the choice (even though in practice it's a non-choice) there's still the illusion of freedom.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

8. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

I think having a warning makes sense, but yeah, there should be a manual override option. Who knows, it could be a bug that the game thinks you don't have one, or maybe you have a house with air on the planet so you don't need it.

9. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

so playing the nightly i realised that the liquid gun has been removed compeltly
    and now

the matter manupulater can suckup liquids

sweet, a reason to use the MM after makeing my 1st pickaxe

10. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

We will have to see, I know one user was very concerd about this thing because they kinda liked the aspect of "you did something stupid and now you are dead". I would like to see it be a warning and not a full on lock. But yeah, while I do not hate hand-holding with a passion it does kinda irk me the game will not let me be stupid if I really want to (even windows8 smartsccreen has a bypass so you can run programs that may or may not be safe).

Wonder if the super soaker image is still in the assets.

11. ansehelm

ansehelm Subatomic Cosmonaut

Didn't knew that!

[​IMG]

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

@Tiy forgot to update the nightly AGAIN

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggg

13. spiritofcat

14. Senpai Reda

Senpai Reda Void-Bound Voyager

GUH i have a problem. THE GATES DONT WORK!!! Every time i try, even after an ( albeit small ) update the gate just throws me into a suspend never ending purgatory where i fall until i hit the bottom of the world. PLEASE tell me if this has happened to you or how to fix it... OH and yes i have tried deleting the files in the universe folder but it doesnt work and i also went to other gates as well so yeah... help me please! ( I'll attach a picture of this so called purgatory. ) :D 2014-08-11_00002.jpg 2014-08-11_00003.jpg

15. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's been the same for everyone since the last nightly update. Nothing to get freaked out over, just avoid using gates for now.

The other side of the gates probably got turned off in prepperation to actually have the mission instances coded and working.

16. spiritofcat

Yep, the outposts are just not there at the moment.

17. AdelaisAer

AdelaisAer Industrial Terraformer

Ahhhh, I see. I had the same issue, and was wondering what was going on, because I saw people on YouTube exploring outposts, but I guess I guess that was right before the update that turned them off (this one guy's video is from 3~4 days ago, so).

18. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I was checking out a couple solar systems I had visited on previous updates and discovered something very interesting about the nature of Universe Wipes.

Even after the system was respawned, which might had not only changed its name and coordinates (Coords CAN change, but usualy very little. For instance, the planet in which I once built my base, whose coords were X: 68, Y: 35 is now at coords X: 77, Y: 45, but it's MOSTLY the same) certain things such as Tree Types, Surface Chest Location and Major Dungeons remain mostly similar (it's the same type of dungeon, although the rooms might be different) even after the wipe.

So, if you found one of those things on a planet before the wipe, there's a fair chance that they will still be there after the wipe, albeit maybe with some minor variations.

19. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

Another ranged melee weapon more powerful than guns?

20. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do mods still work on Nightly? Specifically, Dungeoneer Dungeons, XSMechs, United Systems Enhancements, Lyetzi's Gunshop, Pixel Goods store, and to a lesser extent Creative Mode and Modulars.