1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So why do the floran hate the Hylotl?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Neonir, Jan 5, 2014.

1. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I once saw a Floran Villager mention that Floran Hunters go out of their way to hunt anything they've heard has eaten a plant.

Not a Floran, a plant. Any plant.

Therefore...

Yzzey and ReverendBonobo like this.
  2. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If this is the reason they are quite so insufferable then they are quite the hypocrites.

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

I'm sure the hylotyls retaliated when the florans attacked.

And I'm sure at least some florans died in the struggles.

War, no matter who started it, will make only enemies.

4. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I don't think the Florans are smart enough to understand hypocricy, but yes.

5. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

maybe the florans just don't like seafood?

6. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do not underestimate them. Afterall, they have managed to evict an entire race from their home.

7. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

We're accustomed to thinking it takes some brains to do impressive things. But, really, sometimes all it takes is overwhelming power and numbers.

With the Florans' penchant for learning technology almost absent-mindedly as if it were a superpower independent of their intellect, I don't doubt they could've swarmed the planet just as an afterthought to dinner.

Villhelm likes this.
  8. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I concede to your position. This is indeed worth that much.

9. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

10. UltraPatn

UltraPatn Void-Bound Voyager

Because Grass is super effective against water.

11. Lost Legend

Lost Legend Void-Bound Voyager

DotBeta's got a point

12. Derbine

Derbine Aquatic Astronaut

Floran enjoy fissshy meatsss, no adi... aditons, additions. floran not like fourm

Marxon likes this.
  13. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Nothing realy points to the florans being unintelligent so i dont see the reason for the "independent of their intellect".

Being primitive isent he same as being unintelligent (their behavior is formed from their young unmature culture).

14. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Plants have always been the bitter enemy of fish, just ask pokemon.

Yzzey likes this.
  15. yclatious

yclatious Guest

I have posted here already, but ill just say this.

Hylotls are idiots.

Instead of focusing on Tech, they dedicate themselves to peace and art, and whilst they can protect themselves, they were so damm stupid as to start mocking a completely difrent, much more combat able, and viciously smart and strong race.That while violent, had no good reason to fight them, seeing as they weren't even a challenge to them.

Im sorry, if you don't see eye to eye, its fine, but these idiots were so snobby, they made one of the most numerous, most combat able race in the universe, their enemy.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO REMIND YOU, THAT THEY INVADED A OCEAN PLANET, AND WON, PLANTS WHO ARE DEAD AFRAID ON SALT WATER AND FIRE CONQUERED AND PILAGED A WELL SECURED OCEAN PLANET, INCLUDING THE CAPITAL, DEFEATED EVERYONE, AND BURNED THEIR SPAWNING GROUNDS!

Hylotls knew Florans were dangerous as hell, and still mocked them, the most stab happy race in the game.The hell.

Hylotls and nothing more than dilettante buffoons, that instead of actually quiting being snobby as hell, just taunt everything that aint their style.

The entirety of the world conquering and such wouldn't even have happened if they weren't dicks, so to hell with them.

16. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I'm not saying they're unintelligent (even though, for the most part, they are), I'm saying their ability to utilize foreign technology instantly is more akin to a superpower rather than a result of being "secretly smart".

Villhelm likes this.
  17. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The rebirth of the Human Empire is nigh anyway. You know what that means? Floran and Hylotl sandwiches for Everybody!!!

18. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Imagine when they develop a high tech military.

As for the spawning grounds, what a waste! How am I supposed to make omeletes now?

19. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Keep in mind, most tactics employed by humans don't work. They dumped insane amounts of Agent Orange onto a Floran attack force to help evacuate their own colonists and the human in charge was shocked when all that happened was that they got drunk. Plus, pit 10 Apex and 10 Floran against each other in a fight to the death and you get 10 dead Apex, 1 dead Floran, and 9 living Floran who are now eating the dead Apex and Floran.

There is no denying that the vast majority of Floran are illiterate savages, but that's because they never had a reason to read/write and are still not familiar with the idea that non-Floran life-forms are good to keep around, Glitch excluded. This does not make them stupid in any shape or form, especially when you consider Greenfinger's status as one of the smartest scientists in the lore.

yclatious likes this.
  20. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Only one Floran likesss frogman, Issss Bloodsucker me.

Only Floran hate Other Floran, sssstab Other floran with asssist frogman to finisssh floran off.

- Bloodsucker.