1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Did you do anything different from last time?

2. Toxic-Ion155

Toxic-Ion155 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I did. In the zip.file there was a folder called xbawks, in that folder was another folder with the same name. So I moved it out and tested Starbound. It worked.

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's not what I asked, though. I asked if you did anything different from the four hours of trying that came before.

4. Toxic-Ion155

Toxic-Ion155 Void-Bound Voyager

No, not really. I was worried if I did something wrong that I would break Starbound.

5. Rao999

Rao999 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is the first mod for Starbound I am getting from this site but I am unsure how to do it exactly. I click install and I get the folder for it but when I launch Starbound the character creation section is vanilla what file should I put the folder into to allow this mod to work?

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You know, I've made a lot of joking observations about reading comprehension. But the part where so many people say things like "put a folder in a file" really makes me worry for the future.

Regardless.

Starbound's base folder -- you can open it from Steam if you don't want to search all over -- has a folder named "mods". You download the mod, and extract it there. You should now see, among other things, this:
    this.png

Yes, that's a blatantly photoshopped image. No, that does not matter.

And VERY YES all mods are installed in exactly (or near exactly) the same way.

7. Eeveeminecraft

Eeveeminecraft Scruffy Nerf-Herder

for some reason I installed themod but the interface wont pop up,can someone help me?

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Did you install it correctly? There's really not a whole lot that can go wrong here besides that.

9. Eeveeminecraft

Eeveeminecraft Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I installed it correctly but the interface is there but not the characters.

10. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Minor question. Is there a planned version of this mod for the nightlies? I've been trying to find a character creation extender for the nightly builds but no dice.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

By which you mean you get a whole bunch of ? buttons, and only the first six or so are filled in?
    You just found one.
    howelsewouldigetthis.png
    Depending on how it adds the buttons, a character creator mightn't need any changes to work on nightly.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  12. Phones1

Phones1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey can i get an unpacked version of this and sburg my game cant read modpacks for some reason[DOUBLEPOST=1414246230][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok no i found that the files are damaged

13. cjayr369

cjayr369 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know what to do, when I install the mod it only show haft of the gui/panel... can somebody help me...

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

To quote the mod overview page:

15. cjayr369

cjayr369 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks... I will try it right away! :)

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Heads up! This is pretty important so don't skip over this and ask why shit stops working tomorrow.

I was just informed by @OmnipotentEntity himself that the underlying system for adding species has changed. Basically, playerSpecies is now playerSelectable, index is gone, and is ignored for redundancy and instead you have to add your species name to a list in charcreation.config:
    Code:
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/speciesOrdering/-", "value" : "<the name of your .species file, without the .species bit>" },
    What does this mean for this mod and its brethren?
    Depends on the nature of the mod. Mine doesn't use patches; it replaces the entire file. I can add the speciesOrdering list with its vanilla values, no problem. In fact, when I'm done with this post, that is exactly what I'm gonna do. But there's a bigger problem: server issues. I can't upload this important, game-unbreaking update until then. Actually I've been sitting on a minor update for days now.

Omni told me the Chuckleheads are going to meet with the company hosting this site this week and he's, and I quote, "going to continue whining until they fix their broke ass system". So until then all I can suggest is that you add the speciesOrdering list to your copy of xbawks yourself.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Okay you know what? Screw this. This is too much of a breaking change to wait for another broken thing on. Here's the 3.6.8 update as not-an-update.

Attached Files:

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Harakhti likes this.
  19. Harakhti

Harakhti Phantasmal Quasar

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I did that before I added that one line. Then got struck by the server issues.

Edit: HEY HEY GUESS WHAT this is NOT 3.6.8! This is still the last version, without the species lines or difficulty names!

Harakhti likes this.