1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. LexyV

LexyV Void-Bound Voyager

Another xbawks folder with an interface & .modinfo in

Noooooo you've gotta be kidding me! was that the issue???? -wow i've been derping around for half an hour over that =^=; well, thanks anyways :)

Kawa likes this.
  2. Harasha the Avian

Harasha the Avian Void-Bound Voyager

crash on start up

xbawks.jpg

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Harasha the Avian: please read the last page or two.

Please read at least the recent pages of any thread before saying stuff that's maybe/probably already said. Because then you would've seen this.

What a thing to wake up to.

4. Harasha the Avian

Harasha the Avian Void-Bound Voyager

sorry about that. all my mods crashed so I was mass posting bug reports thanks for refering me to the previous post the mod is once again functioning

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

7. Nme377

Nme377 Orbital Explorer

Can you please put this on nexus? i cant get it to install

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't see how putting this on Nexus'll help you install this. Especially when it's quite easy to do so without Nexus.
    1. Go to Steam.
    2. Right-click on Starbound, select Properties.
    3. On the Local Files tab, click Browse Local Files.
    4. You'll get a file browser showing, among other things, a mods folder.
    5. Open the mod, which is a ZIP file that most operating systems I'm aware of should be able to handle out of the box so you probably don't have an excuse.
    6. You'll see a folder inside the ZIP file named xbawks.
    7. Drop that folder inside the mods folder.

9. Hanbei

Hanbei Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a little trouble installing any race mods with your mod x-x (I only play Singleplayer) After the chucklefish logo disappears, i get this error:

StarException: An error occurred during loading: StarException: Item
    name missing.

ItemDescriptor::ItemDescriptor(Variant)
    TreasureDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (),
    _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()>
    >::(_Any_dada)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

ClientApplication::postSplashinitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Sorry if this has been posted before, but i really want to use some custom races.. D;

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It has been posted before, but in another context. What version of the game are you on?

11. Hanbei

The current steam version, Enraged Koala (update 8)

12. Hanbei

Nevermind, I reinstalled and now it's on giraffe, but it still gives me the same error..

Edit: The mod works WITHOUT custom race mods (Even ones that say that it's compatable with yours, like the felines or neko mod)

Edit Again: Wow. I've tried using it with another character creator mod, and it turns out taht it's not your file that's wrong. It gives me an error with ANY custom race.. :zzz:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  13. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

Kawa, it appears the folder structure has changed with the stable branch. The mods, player, and universe folders are all subfolders of the giraffe_storage folder.

EDIT: Further, it seems to ignore zipped archives. I have to unzip the mods in order for them to be used.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Okay, I guess that's good to know?
    Well, at least the zipping thing is nothing new...

15. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Working on Giraffe for me.

16. Shurhaian

Shurhaian Phantasmal Quasar

Having an odd visual glitch running Stable. The character creator is fully functional so far as I can tell, BUT the 5th-7th slots (Hylotl, Glitch, Novakid) render on the second line, somewhat left of and graphically behind the second-line slots. They can all be clicked and appropriate races pop up fine.

I looked for and did not find image.cache in case that was causing trouble. Have I just missed a new location for it in UG?
    2015-02-02_00002.jpg

Ed: seems likely this is because of one of the custom races I have being added in a nonstandard way; saw mention of it causing issues. Sorry about that, will investigate further.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yeah, some over-eager species mods do that kinda thing. They're silly and there's not a whole lot I can do about it.

Certainly refreshing to see you figuring this out yourself though.

18. What race is that in the screenshot, might I ask?

19. Shurhaian

Shurhaian Phantasmal Quasar

It's made by a fellow in the furry fandom with, to put it mildly, a very risque sense of humour. I don't think I can actually provide any kind of link without violating forum TOS.

I also think it's the one that may be causing my issues here, because he makes the race work even without a character extender; I suspect that whatever he does to do so is colliding with this one (as any other character extender would). Pointed him at the post earlier in this thread that talked about the right way to add races and have them compatible with any extender, hoping good comes of that.

Yeah, I really don't want to be That Guy; while I sympathize with those who are told "read back" in a thread that goes for hundreds of pages (hello Minecraft Forums, and the search there is dodgy to make matters worse), I do try to take at least SOMETHING of a look around. I feel bad enough having made the post in the first place without checking the other end. Thanks for confirming that that's at least likely what's going on, though.

Seajun_ likes this.
  20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And all is cool in the world.