1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Let me get this straight. You got the game, and this mod. You got this problem that has been reported a hundred times, whose fix has been posted a hundred times more, and instead of doing that, you tried something else and now your game's broken?

Delete everything in the Starbound game folder and let Steam redownload it. Cos you broke your shit.

2. squeaks64

squeaks64 Big Damn Hero

no I didn't do tht but Idk how to do much with mods srry for the lack of intel here and causing trouble if it seems like I did but I didn't delete everything I just tried it a again but it wouldn't show up on the creation page

3. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

I suggest you do exactly as Kawa Suggested... DELETE everything in the starbound folder in the steam directory and let Steam Redownload it.

Kawa likes this.
  4. squeaks64

squeaks64 Big Damn Hero

idk how to do tht srry mate and I meant for it to say I didn't wreck my game it just would pop up but I forgot I moved it out of place but idk much on mods other than to see what others have done but I still don't know what on earth the image thing tht I heard of to do what other have done nor the location

5. Requiemfang

:lod: :facepalm:

go into your C drive, if you have 64 bit windows you'll find program files (x86) open it, scroll down until you see the steam folder, open it and then look for SteamApps, open this and then open the commons folder, the games you have installed should be there. If you want to not delete everything in there... like say a character or universe file, leave the player folder and universe folder alone. Otherwise I suggest just deleting the whole Starbound folder and let steam redownload it.

To do this go to your steam library, right click starbound, click properties, go to the local files tab and hit verify integrity of game cache. This should download the game again as if it were a fresh install and you won't have to go through the longer process of having steam uninstall the game and reinstalling it.

6. squeaks64

squeaks64 Big Damn Hero

thx w8 don't I have to just delete the image.chace like some of the others *read part of this discussion

well now I cant even start up starbound yay

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  7. Requiemfang

that'll get deleted if you follow what I did, but if you wish to try that before doing what I said, follow my instructions and once you are in the common folder open the starbound folder. It should have an image cache file which you can delete.

8. minecraft_2013_

minecraft_2013_ Void-Bound Voyager

aw i cant use this mod darn unstable update :(
    still a good mod tho :up:

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'm using Unstable and I made this. You're just being silly.

10. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'll say it once more, and never again: exit Starbound, delete image.cache, restart Starbound.

Gends, PabloM and RyuujinZERO like this.
  12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Oops. Sorry about that.
    =p

13. Requiemfang

do as I instructed... delete your whole starbound folder and allow steam to install it again =_=

14. squeaks64

squeaks64 Big Damn Hero

well I fixed it with a bit of ur help but I made it working with my little modding backround *and by little I mean little* and with the help of the forums

15. unearthly earthling

unearthly earthling Void-Bound Voyager

mine works fine, and I don't haveto delete the image.cahce file BUT everytime I want to start playing with a new created character the game freezes up. The error message has interface and universe included in it but I have quadruple checked and everything is written correctly.

So recap: I can create my cyclops race character, everything is fine but the moment i try to load up the new character the screen stalls and i get an error 3 minutes later. lol. getting annoyed. I checked 50 times for code errors.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yet again, the point where it freezes up narrows it down nicely, but I'll still need to see your starbound.log file.

17. unearthly earthling

unearthly earthling Void-Bound Voyager

I have resolved it with some luck by starting a new race using the human template in vanilla (once again) and checking each file while editing it to match my assets. It works, thanks! 5 stars. Like someone said earlier...don't rate the mod crappy if it doesn't work properly..it is most likely a human error.

cheers (kawa means coffee in polish)

Gends likes this.
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

So I've been informed.

Gends likes this.
  19. minecraft_2013_

minecraft_2013_ Void-Bound Voyager

lol i just fix the prob so now its all good

20. CrispyBlockland

CrispyBlockland Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a great and simple mod, I just have a few suggestions.

Could you make an alternate version that has fewer slots? Some people don't need this many slots, lol. I have only used up slots in the first two rows.
    I have made a graphic that looks more interesting than the question mark. It is a silhouette of a person with a question mark in their head. [​IMG] You can use this if you want.

Kawa likes this.