1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

excuse me, how can i install this mod? both your Felins and char slot mod are so awesome looking im dying to try them out! but i really have no idea what i am suposed to whatsoever :rofl: i downloaded the files, but i didnt find any kind of instructions in them so i am forced to... ask.... you.... :3

sorry for the invonvenience of taking your time and in advance thank you for adding such cute mod! (Felins), and for your time of course!

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

1. Update your game.
    2. In the game's folder, there'll be a folder named "mods". Find it.
    3. Unpack the downloaded mods into this location. Make sure you do it right, which is pretty simple really.

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

i did that xD but for some reason it still says furious koala, even tho i checked with notepad++ here and there, launcher says enraged koala blah blah blah... and if i unzip the folder and just put the "felins" file in the mod folder, it ll say wrong version (wrong as in yours being outdated) then i take the files out of the folder and i wont get any errors, instead... nothing happens :rofl: anyway thank you for the help, maybe ill try in the near future.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If you take files out of the mod, of course it'll stop doing anything, silly.

5. Xalver

Xalver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

xbawks hexbox julay!

CWCWCWCWCWCWCWC

have you heard of chris chan

(great mod btw)

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Are you on meds? Did you forget to take them?

7. Xalver

Xalver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nope

8. phillip2001

phillip2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Thx for the Novakid!

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Excuse me?

10. phillip2001

There was an x in one of the spots. I clicked and it was a novakid.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That wasn't mine.

12. phillip2001

:confused:

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's absolutely nothing in the extender about Novakids, or any other species beyond the default six.

14. Toxic-Ion155

Toxic-Ion155 Void-Bound Voyager

Excuse me Kawa, but can I please get some help from you (if that's alright) to install this mod? I have been reading through the discussion pages and trying to understand how to install this mod but I'm an quite new to installing Starbound mods, in fact... This is the first mod I have tried to install on Starbound.

I've already extracted the file into the mods.file but when I play Starbound, absolutely nothing happens at all. Am I installing it wrong? Do I need to move a file or delete a file? I've been trying to install the mod for almost 4 hours but still haven't been able to get it to work. Help would be great. Cheers~ ♪

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If you honestly have read through this thread already and still can't figure it out...

Problem is, there is literally nothing I can tell you that you haven't already read.

16. Toxic-Ion155

But most of the things I've read were people complaining about an error with image.cache, at the moment I don't really care about it. I saw a step-by-step guide twice, I've followed it and absolutely nothing happens. I was surprised that you didn't include a guide with the download, unless I have missed something. :cry:

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well okay.

Assumptions:
    1. You can work an archive extraction program.
    2. You know where the Starbound directory is.

The guide:
    1. In the mod archive, xbawks.zip, you'll see a single folder named xbawks. What's in that folder is irrelevant at this point.
    2. In the Starbound directory, there's a folder named mods.
    3. Put the xbawks folder from the archive into the mods folder.
    4. Confirm that you now have a file Starbound\mods\xbawks\xbawks.modinfo.

This goes for most mods. If a given mod does not come with a single base folder such as (picking one at random) the Ningen, you make one yourself and extract things in there.

18. Toxic-Ion155

I've done all that and yes, I've got the Starbound\mods\xbawks\xbawks.modinfo. What do I do after that? IF I need to do anything else that is?

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nothing.

You should, at this point, have a large amount of empty species buttons in the game's character creation screen. Like this:
    [​IMG]
    That's all this mod does. That's all it's supposed to do.

20. Toxic-Ion155

And it worked, thank you for helping me sir. It made my day. :up: