1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Hobean

Hobean Space Hobo

There is no image.cache file what do i do now if the mod isn't working?

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Image.cache hasn't been a cause for problems for a while now. If the mod doesn't work, reread this post from earlier.

Yeah, that's right. You 1-starred it because of something I can't help, possibly because you didn't bother to read the thread and find out what was wrong before making your own conclusions. I don't mean to sound bitter (because I'm honestly not) but how does that feel?

3. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

I honestly feel sorry for you Kawa.
    Personally I've had no problem with this mod for like 7 months.

Kawa likes this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Okay since people are apparently missing important things, here it is again:

»» THIS BIG HONKING LINK THAT YOU'D HAVE TO BE LEGALLY BLIND TO MISS IS TO A COPY OF XBAWKS THAT WILL WORK ON NIGHTLY, AKA THE 3.6.8 "THE BREAKENING" THAT WON'T FUCKING UPLOAD BECAUSE OF THINGS I RIGHTLY REFUSE TO ACCEPT BAD RATINGS FOR. ««

No, moderators and/or report-happy viewers, I'm not angry. I'm like... yelling into a megaphone, as it were. If that helps. Once these damned server issues are resolved and this kind of bullshit isn't an issue anymore, I'll edit this post and tone it the fuck down myself.

5. ultralochka

ultralochka Space Hobo

i found bug

Attached Files:

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Holy shit you people drive me to drink. There's like at least five or so reports of this exact problem from page eight onwards, all but the first because none of you bother to read the thread.

I'm not even gonna explain how to fix it here. I said I wouldn't. I'm just gonna throw you back to page eight and let you figure it out yourself like I sincerely hope you can while I get a drink.

7. Hobean

Hobean Space Hobo

I downloaded the update that isn't an update and still having the same issue, the ui doesn't even change. I even downloaded the one for nightly, even though I don't participate in that and still nothing.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  8. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

Space hobos. Space hobos, everywhere.

9. nekomaster

nekomaster Subatomic Cosmonaut

I downloaded the update that isn't an update as well, and while the game is booting with just my clothing mod, the dyemod, felin race and this mod, the felin race isn't appearing in the selection window.

I'm very sorry if its a stupid thing to ask right now.... but I'm willing to listen to what ever fix is needed, even if I have to go into a file and add/edit some lines.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yeah. When will they ever learn to check the error log? Or read the big-ass announcement on the top of the mod repo about installation guides?

Option 1
    For each species you want to add, go to that species mod's directory and add a file interface\windowconfig\charcreation.config.patch with [{ "op":"add","path":"/speciesOrdering/-","value":"felin" }] in it, then instead of felin you end it with avali etc.

Option 2
    Open the xbawks mod's directory, find interface\windowconfig\charcreation.config, open that and add all the species you want right there in the list: "speciesOrdering" : [ "human", "avian", "apex", "floran", "hylotl", "glitch", "novakid", "felin", "avali", "peglaci" ],

Edit: HAHA ninja'd SO HARD :rofl:. As for your new post, the currently available Felins mod doesn't add itself like that. In fact, I strongly suggest you don't do this at all. Things change rapidly.

11. nekomaster

I tried adding the species to the list my self, starting off with just felin for now, and the game crashed when I tried clicking on the first "?" where the felin should have been.

I'm trying option one.... crossing my fingers

EDIT : Option did nothing :(

Unless I have to do both options to get this working :/ Not that I mind

EDIT2 : ANd I messed up the file name... charactercreation.config.patch instead of > charcreation.config.patch

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

They wouldn't work anyway, as you should probably know by now.

13. nekomaster

I haven't been playing for a while, so all this game breaking stuff is new to me. I'm having to fix mods my self and its not quit working for everything... So theres no way to fix this my self right now even though I tried both options you posted?

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's plenty ways applying what I told you could've gone wrong. Unfortunately, I'm not psychic and thus cannot tell what the case is.

For example, you could have hidden extensions and charcreation.config.patch.txt files that you can't see the ".txt" part of. But I do know it's not a matter of not having the mods in the right place since you mention ? buttons.

15. nekomaster

I always set up my computer to show extenstions of everything. I can post a screen shot of both options if you'd like.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Include the first bits of the relevant files, too. I'll be back later.

17. nekomaster

Heres both of them

Option 1 : nothing happens, no crashes, nothing

option1_scrn.png

Option 2 : nothing "happens" again, but when I click on the next available space next to the novakid, the game crashes. Though it'd seem that reverting to an older version solves this crash.

option2_scrn.png

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Interesting. Which version of Starbound is this, anyway?

19. LexyV

LexyV Void-Bound Voyager

Um hi kawa,

I have the problem that it just doesnt show up at all, your 32slots, i did as you said and just simply extracted the 'xbawks' in there along with your 'feline' race and the feline addons (intro & objplus) but is just doesnt show up?? im on enraged koala and downloaded every version and tried to see if it worked, but didnt D: could you please help me fix this? and i didnt understand anything of adding species lines and that stuff, but i shouldnt have to do that on enraged or something?

Thanks, Lexy

HERPDADERP.png

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@LexyV: and what is in the xbawks folder?