Horse with Boobs for Glitch (Poll: Yes or No?)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Thundercraft, May 29, 2014.

?

Should the "Horse with Boobs" A.I. art be used for the Glitch?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2014.
  1. Yay! It is cool and funny! (And it works for the Glitch)

51 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Nay! It is ugly and -not- appropriate for the Glitch!

97 vote(s)
    65.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't get people saying that it doesn't fit the glitch. Have you seen the medieval theme of their castles/towns? Glitches ride horses, so does it not make sense that something horsey is included in their spaceships? I can understand not liking it for other reasons, like it gives you nightmares, but I think it makes sense to have a horse AI for a medieval themed race.

2. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

If the horse wouldnt have boobs and that particular facial expression remembering me of the damn stupid meme I found on reddit I would be totally fine with it. If it would be a mechanical horse or half mechanical, half biological or something similar cool like the other races got I would be fine with it.

But as of now its kinda remembering quite some people of said stupid meme... even if its unintended to look like that, it still looks like that to those people.

As for me the analogy of horses to spaceships because knights use horses to travel is kinda

[​IMG]

Wouldnt mind a horse AI, but I rather have something SIMILAR awesome as an horse AI to this:

[​IMG]

then something similar terrible like this:

[​IMG]

Lecic, Thundercraft and Pingeh like this.
  3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

if you dont like the AI dont play as a glich

or use a mod

/thread

Silican Beat likes this.
  4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

That is the worst thing that I have seen so far in this thread.
    So, you're saying that Chucklefish should go with losing side of "Let's keep it" and thus lose a bunch of people because they only play as Glitch, and then people becoming disgruntled by it and just not playing Glitch.
    I am not joking. Some people only play the Glitch, and would stop playing if they hated the AI.

And the losing side (the Yes's) keep on saying that the thread is over.
    I think that they should stop. And I think everyone else thinks they should stop.
    You don't understand why we dislike it because you guys like it.
    If you didn't like it, you wouldn't want it even in the game, nonetheless just mod it out or play something other than a Glitch.
    That is just a lazy answer that doesn't fix anything.

M C, janusforbeare, Boshed and 7 others like this.
  5. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

A horse with a human mammary glands in a tube top does not fit the Glitch. If it was a robotic, non-humanoid horse, it would make sense, but this does not.

If I hear the "its because they're glitched so the ai is glitchy" one more time, I'm going to make a script to turn that into "I am physically incapable of creating a new and valid argument." If it was because it was glitchy, where are the glitch effects such as static and image distortion? Why doesn't it change between various things? According to this logic, a castle with a face wearing a tophat with a tiny windmill would make just as much sense. Or perhaps an ear of corn in a bikini. I mean, those two things are vaguely related to the middle ages and are *crazy*, right?

6. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im starting to get the feeling that most of the people voting yes don't actually play as glitch. Even if you find it funny at first seeing it over and over and over and over again makes any joke lose what is funny instead becoming boring or even annoying.

7. ObsidianDragon13

they dont have to remove it but is it so wrong that we at least get a choice in the matter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    Pingeh likes this.
  8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

nah thats ok

as long as it isnt removed im fine

having switchable AIs would be cool

but can we save that for a diffrent update tho, i just what this damn update out already

its obvious they arnt going to change it (seeing how they are still working on it) so why cant people just shupup and let the update come out, THEN bitch about it =/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  9. ObsidianDragon13

Switchable A.I. Would be great then ANYONE who wants that silly horse can have it and i can take the Crazy Green Floran one :rofl:

10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i dont like it cus its funny, i like it cus its cool

after all most midevil "vehicles" were powered by horses

so it makes sense that the horse would be the one to talk too

it also makes sence that it would be female becouse back then they thought that mares were faster then stallions

sadly some people dont understand that and think its a joke after the dev confermed IT WASNT

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Cool it, guys. If you don't like the idea, fine. Humor can be subjective. Especially in a game with a diverse fanbase. But this arguing is just pointless, especially when you feel the need to descend into petty insults. I don't want to have to issue warnings.

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

sigh, can you just lock this thread

its gonna get worse before it gets better =p

i just find it silly when people think stuff even after the devs sead it wasnt true lol

13. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Thanks for killswitching before this ends somewhere horrible...

Jonesy likes this.
  14. Jonesy

@Thundercraft , any objections?

Also, deleted some posts.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  15. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Just for making a note I wasn't arguing to keep the horse. I was arguing for the free AI selection from multiple choices.

But yeah, really, I'm afraid that this is what it boils down to. Always subjective. I think it's okay, you think it's not okay. The horse relation makes sense to me, and to you it's just nonsense. We can't understand the other's viewpoint. The arguments are just a merry-go-round. The discussions like this are almost always bound to heat up. And now this thread is probably gonna get lock'd.

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  16. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Aside from the poll, this thread is about sharing our point of view on the Glitch AI and suggesting what, if anything, we think should be done about it. I know I've learned quite a bit about others' views on this - a lot of stuff I hadn't considered.

And, until today, I thought we were mostly expressing ourselves civilly, rather than being argumentative. Though, emotions do run high, sometimes.

Of course, we must be respectful. As the rules state, "There's a fine line between 'constructive criticism' and 'being a jerk'.

Jonesy, Dargona1018, Ado and 2 others like this.
  17. Julster

Julster Space Spelunker

Why not just have it so that you can change your AI's appearance/personality through questing

Horse with boobs would be an upgrade AI that you could get as a joking/humorous companion, or maybe it's one of a few dozen options that each race has for an AI in addition to a specific race-only AI

That way, if you like HwB, you can quest to find it and you're happy, and if you don't like HwB, you have a good half a dozen more plus a racial AI to pick from.

EDIT: Also, why not have that as part of the AI animation? Maybe as you're talking to the AI and it displays more emotion (getting ticked off, upset, super happy, or etc) it starts flickering between its normal self (Maybe a glitch female or something entirely unrelated) and HwB- making HwB itself a "glitch" in the AI program and not the AI itself.

JC_Fruit likes this.
  18. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah, but the Glitch have non-humanoid, robotic horses, not horses with boobs.

I'd be fine with a normal horse, preferably a robotic one. But a stupid-faced boobed horse in a tube top that looks like one of those horse mask memey things (even if it's supposedly not from "le epik may mays") doesn't fit the Glitch at all. It's going to be a joke that'll lose the humor real fast.

And it's making many people not want to play the Glitch anymore, myself included. I'd hate to abandon my Glitch, but I'd rather not play anymore on her than deal with that horse.

And no, mods to change the AI aren't a valid argument. There are people who won't want to mod, or who will have mod conflicts, or the author stopping updates, or something else and be unable to play with the mod.

Ado, janusforbeare and Dargona1018 like this.
  19. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

@Jonesy
    Truly, the only people that are wanting a lock are the people who are people who like it.
    That wouldn't be fair towards the people who wish for this to be changed.

There is only one or two people actually making people get angry because of making really dumb/ignorant/ignoring-the-whole-concept-of-the-thread posts (not gonna name anyone).

Not at all.
    We are trying to save the Dev's the hassle of having to code and include something, then have to change it and get another update out lickity-split.
    The people against it are more prone to speak out then ones who like/don't mind it, so the feedback from the community will be large and negative (based on the mostly-known fact that hate is louder than praise).

Ado and Jonesy like this.
  20. Jonesy

I've spoked to the OP, and the thread will be left open for now.

And you are not improving the situation. I ask that you be a less argumentative and more tactful with your posting.

Dargona1018 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.