Horse with Boobs for Glitch (Poll: Yes or No?)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Thundercraft, May 29, 2014.

?

Should the "Horse with Boobs" A.I. art be used for the Glitch?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2014.
  1. Yay! It is cool and funny! (And it works for the Glitch)

51 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Nay! It is ugly and -not- appropriate for the Glitch!

97 vote(s)
    65.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hessmix

Hessmix Orbital Explorer

While I'm all for the Devs putting together the game they want and that they have every right to outright ignore negativity, this Horse AI is something that does not fit the Glitch.

What I thought on what a Glitch AI could be is this: http://i.imgur.com/OB8z96Q.png

A literal Glitch with it's head wired into the ship (yes those colored things are supposed to be wires, sue me I'm not a pixel artist). We know from lore and their armor that Glitch add more brains to a single unit (so for you that didn't know each one of those eyes sticking out of your Glitch's armor is an extra brain), why can't the same apply to a ship? I sure that the multi-brain aspect could be worked into a Glitch AI as well.

So why can't the Glitch's ship, actually be a Glitch, or multiple Glitch?

2. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think it's hilarious. A+

3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i hope they keep it, its awesome

oh and horses do have boobs in real life, they are mammals you know.....

you might say its a joke, but remember that the japanese inspired race has a Catfish with a Fu Manchu stash

4. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

5. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I think that the main thing that people need to see is this:
    We are not asking if it's funny.
    We are asking if it's practical.

Pingeh likes this.
  6. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'd rather have my AI be normal instead of "funny".It's not funny for everyone.

7. Duck Rogers

Duck Rogers Orbital Explorer

*facepalm* those are horse legs not boobs

8. Nope, those are boobs.

9. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Refer to my post on the news section about the horse analogy to medieval knights is a bit

[​IMG]

Thundercraft and Musetrigger like this.
  10. Chris Chronos

Chris Chronos Void-Bound Voyager

I despise Titty-Horse.

What about a wizard? To most glitch, space-travel is magical. A wizard AI would be really cool.

11. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

That would fit so much better to the glitch...

Or everything that is not a stupid reddit meme at the same time...

12. _Aimee

_Aimee Orbital Explorer

I wish the devs would at least acknowledge this... I know it's probably got to the point where they ignore most of our ranting, but as a lot of people feel very strongly about it I do wish they'd at least address it in a Tweet/Post/Forum reply. I can honestly see both sides of this and wouldn't dramatically change my opinion of the game if the horse was kept as the *only* Glitch AI, even though I find it disturbing and off-putting, but there are some people who would, and that's really sad.

13. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I had no idea this debate was going to last this long. It must really be an understandable problem for some players.

A free commission says that horse head has some kind of racial tie, not just because of horse head. Like it has some kind of significance to the way things are for a Glitch.

14. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Are you sure the computer didn't Glitch out, and have a Mammory Leak?

15. Pingeh

Pingeh Pangalactic Porcupine

It's terrible.
    Just like the villagers in minecraft, I was hoping it was a joke when I saw it. The other races get nice looking AIs that actually make sense, meanwhile the glitch get a hideous horse with tits. There's so many other things the AI could of been, like a king glitch or something. If this really goes through, definitely not playing my glitch until someone mods in ....ANYTHING else to replace it.

16. Dargona1018

Sadly, just because it has a racial tie doesn't mean it has to be included.
    After all, the Hylotl's AI isn't just a fish, nor the Avian's AI a chicken.

Truly, many people think that this was a very weird decision, and many are absolutely outraged by the fact that Chucklefish included a meme instead of some actual content.

17. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah it is kind of a lazy decision, going off of a meme. Those ridiculous horse head videos weren't the first thing that came to mind. Sarah Jessica Parker came up instead. But that's an old joke. If that was the main problem instead, it would've been no less infuriating.

18. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Apparently, someone has a screenshot of a conversation with Omni where he says it's not actually based on the meme, but they haven't officially announced what it IS based on, leading to all the speculation that found the easiest answer and is responding to that.

I have a bunch of qualifiers in there, because it's really just more speculation heh. Until it's officially announced, we kinda have to go off of what we're given, and that kinda points to the meme right now. Or a joke that was kinda polarizing.

Anyway, Glitch in the City?

19. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Personally I think the Bewb Horse is okay, and fits the game. I don't see it should be replaced just because some people call it ugly or bad because it's a meme (Which has been denied by George or Omni if I recall). Nevertheless, it's just my personal preference, so why should it matter over others' opinions? Chucklefish has no obligation to remove if community protests. We can't even know what the majority wants because majority doesn't roam voting polls in the forums.

So I can't see why there is arguments for and against the Terrible Booby Horselady being in the game, if the arguments won't matter. I could see arguing for making the AI customizable, so people could choose their virtual companion without restricting them to one. It could be a simple "choose AI" selection when you talk to it for the first time.

20. Dargona1018

This is one of the controversial points, sadly.
    Some people thinks it fits it (which I don't see at all since nothing seems terribly silly), while others can't fathom how the Devs could think it would be able to fit into the game.

BrokenValkyrie, Pingeh and Zebe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.