Horse with Boobs for Glitch (Poll: Yes or No?)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Thundercraft, May 29, 2014.

?

Should the "Horse with Boobs" A.I. art be used for the Glitch?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2014.
  1. Yay! It is cool and funny! (And it works for the Glitch)

51 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Nay! It is ugly and -not- appropriate for the Glitch!

97 vote(s)
    65.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Just as long as they're prepared for a huge backlash from Glitch players after the ship AI goes live. D: That, alone, should make it abundantly clear how important it is to address this issue in some way.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Why bothering with being objectiv if others cant be objectiv either?

Said that multiple times I am not the one being responsible anymore to keep the bar up. Got disproven multiple times that if I change others WONT change too. So why should I take the effort to make it look neutral? The effort I would put in there can be used somewhere else easily and with more efficiency, sorry but thats basicly the reason why I am done with trying to be objectiv. Got stomped multiple times on it and people still were subjectiv and biased even when attempting to go objectiv. So why bothering?

3. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Yeah... I haven't been posting recently on these forums... but I do believe this is a sign that I must return.

4. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

To be fair, they get a huge backlash for almost every major decision they make, and almost every single news item they post, so why not this one, too =P

By being objective, you are trying to influence people that are in the middle, or people that are on the dev team. By being irrational or incredibly emotional and biased, you generally cause everyone that doesn't 100% agree with you to move away from your viewpoint. Also, it's simply the better way to do things.

If you want others to be objective, and have discussions about the pro's and con's of an idea, then you take the first step and be objective and acknowledge the good stuff and the bad stuff.

If you haven't noticed, angry people flock to angry posts, and happy people flock to happy posts, etc. So, why not make neutral / objective posts? (It makes the extreme people look even more silly than normal when they're the extreme minority in the thread)

Rainbow Dash and ___MeRliN___ like this.
  5. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Tried being objectiv to said topic, was still being attacked by people blindly defending the idea... what to do then if you try to post in a neutral way yet get attacked by people for the sake of questioning their side aswell? I admit that I gave up arguing rational on the said topic since I havent seen any too satisfying answer either besides the general "It is lore friendly and not based on a meme." and gave to that my 2 thoughts aswell, basicly saying that if something that "controversal" and unconvenient is presented and claimed to be canon that people will of course ask almost instantly where the reason for this is and of course people will demand to change it. It really looks weird, I admit that I belong to that side aswell who dont like TittyHorse. It looks extremly close to the meme besides the fact its "not based" as stated by the devs. And thats the disturbing thing. I tried to get that to others in an objectiv way some time ago. Didnt yield any results I consider as good, that means any results besides curses at me for daring to question the almighty Titty-Horse.

Well yeah that is basicly how I drifted down from a <<semi-objectiv>> point of view to the extremly biased and wrath fueled. Thanks for working as some kind of conscience, that helps figuring something out on me. I really admit that, no sarcasm or anything, trust me on that.

Pingeh likes this.
  6. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

People that feel incredibly strongly about something will come across strongly to everyone that doesn't also feel strongly about the topic (and agree!). It's unfortunate, but I don't think they mean to attack anyone. For example, those who do not like the boobhorse. They feel that this is not acceptable, is a poor joke, etc, and they want to convince others to support their goal of having it not be the AI for Glitch. Part of "feeling strongly about something" is "feeling", which means they will be more emotional than objective people, because, duh, they feel strongly about it.

Regardless of memes or intentions or whatever, if you don't like the horse? No problem. Offer suggestions for how to replace it (AI choices!) or just say hey, I like your work but I feel this isn't appropriate, etc. There's no need to convince other members of the forums that your belief is the "correct" one.

State your opinion, and let it be known. There's no need to "defend" or "prove" your opinion, because it's an opinion. It's valid all on its own.

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

wow @Akado, someone who knows what there saying
    just what this thread needed =D

im suprised being are still talking about this

this is like if your fav charitor died in game of thrones so you complained to the studio that made the episode

8. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

You seem to be derogatory and bored.

9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Not really. I can see your point, but it really isn't like that.
    You like GoT, someone dies, but you still watch. The people who made it still gets money, they are happy, everyone is happy.
    You like Starbound, a whole race dies (to you), so you don't play anymore. The devs no longer get support from that person, or they are angry, and thus, potentially, less people will be buying this game.

Gelu likes this.
  10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

way to be overdramatic
    You like game of thrones, someone they like dies, so you don't watch anymore. HBO no longer get support from that person, or they are angry, and thus, potentially, less people will be watching the show
    see i can do that too =p

i even know some people who stopped watching deathnote when
    L dies

in all honestly it wasnt fair to contrast a tv show with a game cus they are too different sets of media

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  11. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I am not trying to be dramatic. Just because someone on the TV show dies doesn't mean you stop watching.
    In fact, TV shows seem to get more ratings when they kill someone off because of social media. And from what I've heard, GoT kills a sh**load of people off.

12. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

No,George R.R. Marting kills a shitload of people.

But an AI is probably not enough to make someone stop playing the glitch.Yeah,I believe that they're going to replace it with something better,but if they don't that probably wouldn't stop me from Glitching around!

13. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

It may not be enough to stop you from "Glitching around." But I've lost count of the number of posts on these three threads talking about Horse Woman (and GeorgeV's other AI's) that specifically state they will stop playing as Glitch if they are forced to use this creepy and repulsive AI. If I had to guess, I think I've seen around a dozen individuals. And those are just the posts I happened to notice that stated this. I'm sure the actual number would be much higher if this comes to pass.

Myself, I'd definitely mod this out of the game. And if I end up on a server without such a mod, then I just won't play as Glitch.

Lecic and Ado like this.
  14. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It actually depends if I will see the AI more often or rarely.If I see it rarely,then I would be able to MAYBE tolerate it somehow,if it's more usual then I'll be forced to play another race!

Dargona1018 likes this.
  15. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Easy there, killer.

I think pretty much everyone needs to take a step back from this discussion, since it's getting more heated than Game 1 in San Antonio.

16. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You'll need to see the AI every time you go to access your printer, techs, or wish to upgrade the ship.

As I've said before, I will either mod the horse out or completely abandon my Glitch characters if I have to deal with the HwB.

Ado likes this.
  17. phillip2001

phillip2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Again, my comment of "Getting a sense of humor" comes into play. OF COURSE MY SAYING DOESNT END THE DISCUSSION! WHA- WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?!

18. phillip2001

phillip2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Guys, I just would like to say one thing before i go and play skyrim. These developers care about their players. They aren't going to just ignore you. So please, don't fight among yourselves. Focus on the things you think are cool, like the new shield scripting. Hang in there, and i'm sure the devs will make a compromise. ;)

Ado likes this.
  19. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

We will see about the compromiss, would be glad to see that happening...

20. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

"You don't like something? You must not have a sense of humor!"

Guess what? People have varying ideas of what is humorous and what isn't. For example, a majority of players in this thread find it to not be humorous, or something of the sort.

I'm going to state my problems with something. That's how the devs know people don't like something, not by people being silent about it and only complimenting them on the good stuff they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.