DNA Mixer

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sarzael, Feb 24, 2012.

1. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not much for giant banners, cause if i had a banner for every thing as far as mods and suggestions go on every forum I've gone on, I'd have a signature a mile and a half long. So I prefer to make a list in a box rather than use banners. but of course, I support, or I wouldn'tve made a big wall of text. ;)

2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Since you have big imagination, why dont you have a look at this thread?
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/cooperative-story.1365/

3. darkmega

4. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I really like Roleplay, but lets not change the theme of the thread, which is about DNA Mixer.

5. darkmega

agreed. So, what else can you think of that hasn't been suggested? :O

(btw, I posted a bit there thanks to the first person there giving me a brainwave and an opening)

6. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

yes please, i'll have a spider/bat/penguin tini, shaken not stirred /cool face

7. Jorden619

Jorden619 Big Damn Hero

DNA mixing would be epic:
    Fomulating eagle/cthulhu mix....

8. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

I approve, too. DNA could also be used to create buff potions, instead of mutating yourself or other creatures. For example, actual mutations could give you some advantages AND a drawback of some kind (like someone who mentioned regenerating at double speed during the day but no regeneration at night), and these mutations would be 'permanent', they would last until you would do something to reverse them.

Meanwhile, those potion buffs would give you the advantages of the DNA only, BUT would of course only last for a certain ammount of time.

9. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

ahhh pots would be awesome, i'd love a pinguin pot so i can slide on icy surface on my belly <3

10. darkmega

Rofl, the stuff that you guys are imagining of this. And :O, DNA potions? intriguing. dunno how well that works out but who knows, a bit of "unexplainable bull" never hurt anyone. :p

11. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Hey i myself was thinking this but i hadnt read this post before i myself posted. Im glad there are others hoping for stuff like this. great idea Sarz :)

How about Mixing DNA with a creature but you can also have purely cosmetic/vanity changes for example a creature that is always on fire will give you a flaming body. Or abilities you can toggle like a rocky creature giving you a hard shell (Prehaps raise your defence and immunity to knockback at cost of slower walking speed while activated)

12. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

13. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

I support this 100%. I also think you should be able to mix 2 creatures DNA together.

They dont have to be pets, just creatures captured on the ship.

14. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

I COULD BE TREE MAN

15. Tofugunk

Tofugunk Void-Bound Voyager

then u could be forest gump >:D

Nike likes this.
  16. Th3m4ni4c

Th3m4ni4c Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea, however there should be a possible negative effect too. Like if you mutate with a penguin you cant move that well :p and the hard to cure part is cool too, so if you do something wrong and you get a negative buff which is hard to remove.

17. LazerEagle1

I like this idea

18. Tofugunk

Tofugunk Void-Bound Voyager

how bout extracting the dna traits like a penguin with 1 eye u could extract tht for visual purposes too.

19. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Yeah, Positive and negative effects would be cool. So you will have to modify yourself depending on situation that you are trying to do. EG: Exoskeleton skin, +defense -Speed.
    But you should be able to upgrade the Dna by collecting more samples so you can add to the benefits while minimizing the negatives eg: Lvl 1 +4 defence -20% walking speed, Lvl 2 +6 defence -15% walking speed. Lvl 3 +8 Defence -10 Walking speed, etc.

20. LazerEagle1

Of course it's not only stats, it has to affect your appearance too.