6 June, admin commands

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

6 June, admin commands

Cenon, Aer_, Ixantir and 11 others like this.
  2. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Sweet,that should make multiplayer a lot better!

3. k0rd

k0rd Void-Bound Voyager

Please add a command to reset a specific planet to its default state.

SmoothGuy, Cenon, NovastarX and 8 others like this.
  4. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Awesome!

Will there be a console option for "It is a good day to die", for servers catering to new players or those who just want to explore and not worry about combat?

5. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Awesome!, this will make the multiplayer experience even better!
    Great job keep it up! :chucklefish:

6. _Defender_

_Defender_ Master Chief

Great! Very nice!

A additional mute-command would be nice and helpful. So that a player can not use the (global) chat anymore.
    For example:
    • mute <username> [time] mutes a player based on their username for a specific time

Kelzo, Cenon, Potatomort and 6 others like this.
  7. Blue

Blue Former Staff

How about a way to teleport one player to another?

8. Sethial

Sethial Scruffy Nerf-Herder

please add a command that makes all nearby characters dance like on the snl skit Sprockets, so the admin can go to random players and say "Now's the time in Starbound ven ve dance!!!!"

beari78 and k0rd like this.
  9. _Defender_

_Defender_ Master Chief

Good idea!

Alternatively a goto-command, so that a admin could warp/teleport to a player who needs help.

ThingFish and legodude2 like this.
  10. Lando_Stay_Beatin

Lando_Stay_Beatin Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pulling my hair waitiing on this update...

Cenon, blobjim, Lucario and 1 other person like this.
  11. The best features ever! Multiplayer features! :confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm::confirm:

/ban is here, how it works if we want to /unban?

/protect - One of the biggest commands any server admin may need, is to protect one planet / spawn from any changes at blocks and objects, is that possible? Like using /protect at X planet makes only admin to can make changes unless you use /protect add PLAYER to give permission to such (id? uuid?) to build there?

/travel - That is one awesome command to reach the player we want ^^

/players (global command)- Find all palyer usernames Online! Also can make what wrappers do, show on chat the joins/leaves.

One thing about Id Display, will that show the player name? If Yes, how will it deal with those amazing long ColorCode Based names?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Nikg92, ThingFish, AdenSword and 6 others like this.
  12. themightyadam

themightyadam Void-Bound Voyager

SO DAMN AWESOME! I still can't wait for the ship update though D:

13. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

Wouldn't that basically mean the server needs to store a back-up of the original and unaltered planet so it can be reloaded everytime that its needed? Or can it be stored locally to spare the strain on the server bandwidth and memory? Technically this would probably be ideal for new roll out of patches, as the world just reloads with the added parameters (if new changes to planets/biomes/worlds were made).

14. Not quite, generation being based on what it is, if you just delete the world file, it will simply revert any changes to it and place the un-touched planet again at those X coords.
    I already have deleted world files with the server running, if there is nobody at the planet or with the ship over it, it won't require a restart (at least the last time it did work fine).

k0rd likes this.
  15. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

At long last,

The Banhammerâ„¢ cometh

Empusa, Sihn and Kawa like this.
  16. Stryfe_Khaos

Stryfe_Khaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would highly suggest something like a /jail command. Something that you could either lock a player on a planet or on their ship. I've run personal servers of mine for a few years, and there's always that one person who likes to use explosives on other peoples stuff. Being able to restrict them to a single planet, or their ship as a harsher punishment would be a good alternative to banning them. Even a restriction of usage command for certain items would be great. Combining an item restriction command with a /protect command for a planet would allow us to set up neutral zones, which would be awesome. Then we'd be able to colonize with relative safety towards other players.

17. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

That's odd... I thought everything was procedurally generated. If you can just go back to that very same planet by typing in the coords, then its not that randomly generated but instead just one humongous universe with a chance to spawn in a different place, ins't it? I mean, its big enough to give us the impression of randomness but that's it, an illusion.

18. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Why would you "jail" them to their ship (where they can barely play the game anyway) as oppose to just outright banning/temp banning them? I fail to see the logic or reason for needing that alternative.

As for the rest you mentioned, I'd say most of that would come under wrapped territory. Sure it'd be nice to come by default, but the majority of servers tend to be bare bones admin control so not to bog it down too much.

19. It is procedurally generated based on its coords (or something similar can't remember correctly now), if you delete your world file and go to the same planet, it will generate the very same planet. Only when SB Updates the X coords if you delete one world file created on a older version, will generate a different planet.

20. Captn

Captn Orbital Explorer

Finally, I will be able to deal with all the distractions in the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.