6 June, admin commands

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfSiri

WolfSiri Master Chief

The post says we can spawn a random sword/gun/shield..., right? I imagining people will just sit in one place and spawn everything until they found a decent sword/gun/shield instead of go looking for it

2. SquBany

SquBany Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice, fishes. Really nice :D When all of your's team are in London i see every week few blog's. I'm happy with that ;) But, please make servers more stable. Servers (maybe only in Poland) aren't too much stable. 10 players with diamond drills can crash server. Few mods can make veeery unstable server.

And if you can, please make unstable update with all content what are you making now ;)

Archer likes this.
  3. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Like some people mentioned, a couple of more things would be useful as well:
    -A way to unban players in-game (if the ban command is not a toggle already)
    -A way to mute and unmute players for x minutes or permanently (preferably both with the same command as toggle)
    -Some way to teleport to a player (or to bring your ship to a player's ship if the former is impossible)
    -A command to make a planet invulnerable to any possible modification
    -Join messages and a MOTD that gets displayed on join (can be modified in-game perhaps or in config)
    -Tempban command, or could implement this in the ban command (where you would have to state a parameter for time or perma)
    -RCON support, possibility to use all of these commands via console (this would be amazing)

Other than that, the list is very solid and will be a huge improvement on vanilla starbound servers, glad you guys did not forget about multiplayer after all.

EDIT: Also, a few player commands would be cool as well, trivial stuff like /who (lists players online) that everybody can use, but that could be something for another time (or for wrappers).

Ixantir and Maxwell Demonic like this.
  4. Arkanum Zilong

Arkanum Zilong Space Spelunker

When will these and all the other previous features be releasing on the steam version? (my last update on it is still from about two months ago, even after reinstalling did not change it, despite many posts about updates here; I thought you guys had stopped updating the game for one big update, but I keep seeing people acting as if all these are already out))

5. They haven't been pushed to either branch (stable or unstable) at this point.

6. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

An Unband and and ban list would be great.

But, finally, some multiplayer commands.
    A lot of people will be happy.

7. Arkanum Zilong

Arkanum Zilong Space Spelunker

so no right date yet?

8. Nevar!

Seriously they aren't giving dates out anymore because falling short of a best guess is tantamount to treason.

9. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

Planet generates when player arrives on it.
    Devs said that planet coordinates used as seed for planet generation algorithm so it's always the same every time as long as it generates within the same version of a game.
    For now it's possible to revert planet to it's initial state by deleting planet save file from "\Starbound\universe\" folder. Obviously it's not a solution for a running server.

10. Stability on servers can only be achieved when cheating/modding is blocked, what is likely impossible to do so people will keep cheating and exploiting the whole content, the commands for admins do not cause problems unless you decide to use them on singleplayer (if they work there)

11. Blaze9

Blaze9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree with almost all of the suggestions posted here, as well as:
    /clearinventory <player>
    • Clears someones inventory (for, greifing/hacking items etc.)
    /spawniem<itemID><player>
    • Lets you spawn something in someone's inventory
    And possibly making moderators with only ban, mute, none of the server/planet/universe controls?

Ixantir likes this.
  12. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

I know weather has been mentioned, but if I may suggest allowing for just /toggleweather as well as /toggleweather [weatherType] In this way just a standstorm/meteorshower could be stopped/started without messing with everything, as well as allowing for an admin to specifically start, say, a blizzard on an arid planet.

13. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

It's called "admin commands" for a reason. It's not for everyone. And it's going to be even better when they implement server-side characters.

Boshed and The | Suit like this.
  14. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

what's the difference between a softban and a ban...? From the syntax they both look the same to me. Just curious...

15. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

This sounds like a great idea, Tiy! Thank you for adding these commands. =3

Some suggestions that I have are a command to back things up, as well as potentially create a way to protect regions within certain areas of a planet.

16. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I have to admit those are some really cool commands.
    It really is going to change the atmosphere a lot when it comes to hosting a starbound server. Fantastic job.

How about something like

• /ping - tests latency to server (client)
    • /ping username - tests latency to user (server only)
    • /setlatencywarning # message - Automatically sends a warning message to the user about high latency as the particular number after 30 seconds
    • /setlatencykick # message - Kicks the user automatically at particular latency he or she continuously hits it after the initial warning.
    • /showmethemoney user- starcraft easter egg - gives 10,000 pixels to user
    • /monstersundermybed - disables monster spawning on current planet.
    • /setweather weathername time(seconds)- summons particular weather on planet
    • /diglet - removes blocks on mouse cursor continuously until disabled. Every press of shift increases it by 1 so 2x2 3x3. Each press of control decreases by 1.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Speed Lightning and Ixantir like this.
  17. Leftenit

Leftenit Aquatic Astronaut

Man this next update is going to be HUGE!

18. BugsyBro

BugsyBro Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, I am not requesting for an ETA of such. But I do want to know what else they are planning to add before they release this update? because I am so excited for it. :D

19. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

General use for all players

for servers
    /Claim claims a world, similar to /protect but only admins and player who claimed it can change it limited to one per player
    /Unclaim resets status to default
    /visit toggles whether people can visit your ship. if your ship is blocked you can't visit others either
    /shipban <player> bans a specific player from warping to your ship if active you can't warp to their ship either

sp and mp
    /resetspawn resets spawn point to character location usable on planets or ships
    ship only
    /visited show list of visited planets, ~ 10 most recent plus planet you started at and claimed one.if yoou have one. .
    /visited x sets jump coordinates to x and pops up a confirm to jump there.
    /spawn warps you to the default world (if set) to the first world you visited if not. Possibly with a reduced fuel cost
    planetside
    /environs gives more detailed scan of planet (suggest same thing for ship planetary scanner)
    Planet size
    main biome
    after tier two unlock Sub biome(s)
    post tier three unlock Dungeons (y/n)
    post tier four unlock weather hazards
    post tier five unlock primary npc race
    post tier six unlock mini bosses (y/n)

/replant Auto replant trees and plants w/ seed.sapling gotten from them (toggle)

Many of these could be done with a wrapper, however i suspect wrappers cause more latency then it being in the code. please let me know if i'm wrong.

Apparently the latency is negligible.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  20. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

/weather to stop/start weather
    /tp to teliport to other players
    /setspawn to set the planet new chars spawn on

thats basicly it honestly

oh an

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.