6 June, admin commands

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

2 commands to make assistant admins, and possibly just to have fun with the game or more through testing sometimes:
    /opid [playerId]
    /deop [playerId] (exception: cannot deop local admin)

Not sure if i want this, depends on how long each save takes i guess? If game is in stable state and server on 24/7, the delay could be generally very long like 1 hour.
    /autosavedelay amount (in minutes? Minimum 1 minute)

2. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

moveto <client ID> teleports the admin to the specified CID
    movecidto <first client ID> <target client ID> moves one CID to another
    giveto <item ID> <client ID> [count]
    mutecid <client ID> blocks the clients chat
    servertime displays the current time of where the server is located
    localtime displays the current time of your local machine
    worldtime displays the current time of the world/planet you are on
    setweather <weather ID> [parms]
    setshipfuel [count]
    setsectorpermission [parms]

And various world shaping tools.. although this would probably not be considered a priority.

I feel like I'm missing something.. I'll come back to this. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  3. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Ill still be working on my wrapper. Which will enhance functions and I am also looking at further reverse engineering the packets that Starbound-Dev group never dug into. I will also look at how the admin commands work over the network and see what I can do to push them from the server wrapper into the game from a console command.

Also all these people requesting more commands still validates the reasons third party add-ons will always be around.

4. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

/generateplanet <type> <size> <biome> <subbiomes> <coords?> <dungeons> <chests> <surfaceliquid> <undergroundliquids> <loworbitgeneration> <various other options which would be possible like surface blocks> , generates a new planet with given parameters
    /spawnmonsters <on/off> disable - enable spawn of monsters
    /spawnNPC <on/off> disable enable spawning of any NPC(merchant, etc)
    /noclip <on/off>

/spawnstructure <type> or <blocks>; <filepath> or <math> spawn some kind of schematics, maybe ?
    /pos1, sets pos1 to own position > to make an selection
    /pos2, sets pos2 to own position > to make an selection
    /copy, copy selection
    /cut, cut selection
    /deselect
    /replace <from> <to>, replace selection with given blocks
    /remove <block>, removes type of block in selection
    /savestructure <path?>, like /spawnstructure only saves it
    /fly <on/off> <speed> let's you fly without use of energy
    /flatten <blocklevel( Y-level? ), flatten terrain in selection to given level
    /raise <level>, raises terrain in selection to given level

all in all some great commands for mapmakers as long as this would be possible (mapmaking) xP

what else guys ? :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  5. Yup things will change the "future patch" that introduces this server admin commands, i wonder how will the wrapper interact with main server with its own command stuff.

6. Underbalanced

Considering the server keeps its own files, they would be independent of each other. However if those files are not locked by starbound and depending on how the refreshing and storage of the variables of the files they potentially could be synchronized.

7. Dominar Pippin

Dominar Pippin Orbital Explorer

This would be a great tool for an Admin to have, along with ability to create a protect environment as suggested below.

I really like this idea of a 'special event' trigger, like meteorites or maybe an alien invasion.

In short, yes to all these suggestions!

8. Dominar Pippin

I would just like to add that though I really do like the idea of both the /travel to player or /whereis, I think that these should only really be available to admins. I am an admin myself, and while I am there to help, I would absolutely hate for people to know when and where I am online 24/7.

9. moddownloader

moddownloader Phantasmal Quasar

but what about /ruinthefun?

10. Underbalanced

If they don't limit them to users a server wrapper would be able tofilter these from unauthorized players. My wrapper actually handles all chat and chat related stuff. Commands fall under chat.

11. Dominar Pippin

Neat. I will look into that.

12. Underbalanced

Its still be worked I have some issues. My wrapper unlike most of the others is coded differently while the others all cloned each other. I did use some of the concepts from the others.

13. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

if anyone wants to read the whole story without any other interfering posts :p

14. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

Undebalanced, do wrappers incease latency? I'm just curious,

15. druid

druid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For items, the only id is usually the same as the name without spaces and caps. Materials are harder though...

16. Underbalanced

They should not if no packets or data is being modified. Because the wrapper runs as the same as the server. The player connects to the wrapper and it reads and forwards data to the server which is on the same box. It forwards to "localhost" . When add on's get complex that modify data it may create latency, but not noticibly.

For example. When players connect to StarNub it examines IP, UUID and in my multiple test I checked the connecting IP against a 61,000 IP address list and it only took 1 second, thus it created a 1 second latency between you sending your client connect data and the Starbound server getting it.

17. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

thank you i will ypdate my previous post then.

18. But sadly wrappers deal badly with high numbers of players inside the server, due what @Underbalanced said before, they need to tune packets down.

19. sxlwa

sxlwa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does the data of banned/muted/etc users/ids etc persist between server sessions (not among servers but between shutting down and restarting a particular server). That might be useful. Also, a way to list the state of the banned/muted/etc tables, and associated ids or usernames etc.

20. Underbalanced

I added a twitch channel so interested people can watch the programming, even though its boring.

www.twitch.tv/underbalanced
    http://www.myfu.net/ - also has it on the front page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.