2nd of June, 2014: Dev Blog GeorgeV!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jun 2, 2014.

1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

GeorgeV submitted a new blog post:

2nd of June, 2014: Dev Blog GeorgeV!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Seajun_, Chompy, Heke0 and 13 others like this.
  2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

The AI's match perfectly rotfl. Especially angry sensei and nope man :p

3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I still think that the Floran A.I. and the Human A.I. are too similar...

Windcaller likes this.
  4. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You dropped these:

[​IMG]

Ado, Ping, Galactic Avatar and 7 others like this.
  5. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

The Floran A.I. is literally a hacked, stolen and corrupted human A.I. so it's intentional. The Floran steal technology.

Varixai, Seajun_, J_Mourne and 25 others like this.
  6. pumapardo

pumapardo Void-Bound Voyager

That crystal looks... angry

7. PoppySquidJr

PoppySquidJr Void-Bound Voyager

Floran technology is all stolen from other races, the Florans as a race aren't civilized or intelligent enough to make their own technology.

ProkhorVLG likes this.
  8. Ping

Ping Void-Bound Voyager

9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

10. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

...random mustache man? hi? what why?

also, please don't tell me you're sticking to the horse AI. Like, really? A crappy meme as a main mechanic? .-.

J_Mourne, Exxil3d, Althalos and 11 others like this.
  11. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Why is the Horse AI batting its eyes at me?

Althalos, SeaMichelle, Ado and 4 others like this.
  12. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Is the hylotl AI upset because I'm not a doctor?

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I don't get the Horse.

I mean.... seriously, a horse head on a human body? What race is *that* for? I assume the crystals are for avians, so that'd mean the horse would have to be Glitch but that doesn't make sense.

Exxil3d, Althalos, Pingeh and 8 others like this.
  14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I love the Apex and Hyotyl Ai Design.

15. Bonabopn, yclatious, Kyasupah and 3 others like this.
  16. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

The floran one is still confusing but now it has a reason to be like that. Gj

Edit 1:

On the Horse AI:

This post can be found a few pages later aswell, just dropping this here of since some people dont like going through a dozent of pages.

Alright... after a bit of... thinking I made up my mind...

Since apparently the glitch AI is modelled after a (stupid) meme which <<totally>> did not originate from reddit (I googled a bit and came to that conclusion sorry) I came
    to following conclusion:

The Horse AI representing a Horse (You dont say...) which is considered female and belonging to knights and being an analogy (look it up MCF, Analogy is a word) to ships which are also often referred as female is a bit...

[​IMG]

For those who dont know what in the world this abomination is... I dont know either... its "Farfetch'd" from Pokemon and as the name tells its a bit far fetched... with the green plant stick it holds. Well the horse AI being an analogy to horses, knights, medival, female ships or so is a bit

[​IMG]

aswell... not only a bit its extremly

[​IMG]

The face resembling the stupid horse meme I found totally not on reddit doesnt help the fact that it (speaking of myself) cant be taken serious and therefor the entire Glitch I cant take serious anymore...

Besides the fact that

[​IMG]

the pokemon is not well thought either and relativly uninspiring... if it would be strong or some kind of powerfull... like ferrothorn... nvm ferrothorn is cool designed AND powerfull... but anyways it gave me the impression that the horse AI is a bit like that guy design wise (no not Ferrothorn). Avians got a crystal matrix which makes sense their entire technology is based on such stuff (still dont know how that should work but thats fine). Humans get a human avatar (not that creative, but still fits to us), Floran an reverse enginereed human avatar, Hylotl an old Sensei which kinda makes sense (and actually is designwise my fav really good one) and the Apex get the infamous Big Ape.

Glitch however... Meh... A horse which has some analogy to medieval knights and such... but more resembling a stupid meme?

A bit

[​IMG]

after all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  17. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Glitch are medieval,Glitch use steeds as Horses,ships are usualy defined as Female, juxtaposition of both Medieval theme plus Ships Ai with the added funny=HOTLINE MIAMI REFERENCE!

18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I'm aware of that. The presence of a knife in its head would make it a real "floran hack". :D

BrokenValkyrie, Cardbo and Sese like this.
  19. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

20. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

Its quite amusing and interesting to see chubby glitch and avian models :)