2nd of June, 2014: Dev Blog GeorgeV!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Terenfear

Terenfear Big Damn Hero

Well, horse looks a little bit... disturbing.

2. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

As I don't play as Glitch, I don't feel as strongly, but I think you might want to consider using something different for the Glitch...I get the horses and ships analogy, but to be fair, that's quite a stretch. A robotic steed would look better than a horse with tits :wut:

I guess it is pretty amusing, and ultimately, it's not like I'd stop playing the game if this is final, but maybe the AI you have now could be a personalization item you can find (if you're going with that idea, that is).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    Gelu, TheKillerX, Grulul and 7 others like this.
  3. Otter IV

Otter IV Orbital Explorer

Ehhh, I guess. But considering the AI would probably have plenty of horse-related puns and memes, the text would have to be modded too, and later on if it ends up being related to the story, modding it would ruin immersion.

But I'm just the nitpicking minority right here, now aren't I.

And yes, I originally made this account for the purpose of using the character creator before the game came out.

Gelu, Thundercraft and Will Liferider like this.
  4. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

its still reallllly awful like not i really do not want this as an ai, its silly looking and ew

fortuitously mods are things and i could even probably edit the ai myself, well maybe not, because i dont have the pixel art skills to do a good job, but.

Gelu, ProkhorVLG and Thundercraft like this.
  5. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

This is all so cool, except for the horse. I mean, how does Sarah Jessica Parker even fit into the lore?

TheKillerX, ProkhorVLG and Sihn like this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

How much skill could you need when you can use a perfectly generic human AI for a base?

7. AlexanderTemple

AlexanderTemple Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly the simple solution would be to just have multiple AI versions that are selectable. So you could have the old Sensei master hylotl, or swap it for the memetastic teenage animuu girl kind of a situation. Just have one 'serious' and one 'joke' AI that are selectable, or maybe change it so you can purchase AI's like you do blueprints, so a Glitch could rock the Floran's schizo, or the Avian crystal, without risking their personal characteristics. My favorite AI for instance is the Avian, but I play as a human because of reasons. ETC ETC. Not to mention those who don't want the horse don't need the horse since there are options, they won't be locked into the one AI they don't want and instead have the ability to select variations thereof.

My two cents.

8. Barlov Monkiss

Barlov Monkiss Big Damn Hero

The animations are looking awesome! I still think we might want to give a few AI options for those that are scared of :iswydt:Glitchy Ms. Knightmare. And maybe cooler ones you can earn/buy/find later on.

9. Thaecc

Thaecc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like lady horse :D She's awesome!

ReverendBonobo likes this.
  10. Poppinz

yea honestly the best solution is having like, 2 ai's and let people choose

11. RedReaper

RedReaper Void-Bound Voyager

Instead of complaining about the horse A.I Just get a mod that changes it. :facepalm:

ReverendBonobo likes this.
  12. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Mods should be for adding silly, arbitrary things, not fixing them.

13. Poppinz

ohhh another thing, is the apex ai supposed to be big ape, or, whatever their leader is? that would made sense

14. Well, I think you can still have silly, arbitrary things in the vanilla version of a game, but yeah, I get your point. Mods should not be a requirement or a solution, and to just tell someone to mod their game if they don't like it is not a valid argument.

Gelu, phyvo and ProkhorVLG like this.
  15. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

The horse is just plain creepy and I'd rather never see it again.

Gelu, janusforbeare, TaoJaz and 3 others like this.
  16. Otter IV

Otter IV Orbital Explorer

While this particular issue is far from anything serious, the point you're essentially making is "if there's a flaw in the game, just get a mod for it, CF shouldn't change it or anything!"

Gelu likes this.
  17. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

If Glitch upgrade their ship, the AI unequips the Horsehead hat and changes to the TV Helmet.
    T.V._Helmet.png
    This is progress, right?

Gelu likes this.
  18. mwpow3ll

mwpow3ll Guest

I understand the desire and fun to incorporate memes into the ship AI, but I feel like if this is something you will be interacting with on a regular basis, there needs to be at least one AI per race that maintains immersion. As apparent in this thread, players unfamiliar with the meme might be completely turned off...

Unendingfear, Gelu, Grulul and 2 others like this.
  19. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

That apex is a bit creepy.:yuno:

20. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

For shame, putting young avian to work like that. There really should be some child labour laws >:

Seriously though, loving these progress updates! Thank you!

MrStrangerPL and Hatsya Souji like this.