Chucklefish are Hiring

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

Chucklefish are Hiring

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do hope that you guys find some good coders to make the game advance faster, no doubt your current programmers are learning a whole new language since they converted and this must slow down the progression a lot.

Titanium, Exxil3d, Ketoth and 5 others like this.
  3. Edanthedwarf

Edanthedwarf Aquatic Astronaut

Chucklefish are hiring ? Shouldn't be chucklefish is hiring

4. Johan

Johan Phantasmal Quasar

In what they think when they said Starbound complete in fall 2012?

SPARTEN1337 X13 likes this.
  5. Drakaden

Heh you're right, he wrote "have are hiring", it's supposed to be "is hiring".

6. Silvernis

Silvernis Master Chief

Some ostensibly singular nouns are kinda-sorta-actually plural, and thus can take plural verbs. "Chucklefish" technically refers to a group of people, even though common usage leans more towards treating it like a single collective entity, like "fleet."

7. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why start on a new project when Starbound isn't even near to compleation yet...?

8. dnlkng

dnlkng Void-Bound Voyager

As far as I know they are getting a completely separate team to work on that.

Ping likes this.
  9. Johan

Johan Phantasmal Quasar

They should put that new team also work on Starbound to see if they deign to finish their project someday ...

SPARTEN1337 X13 and Pingeh like this.
  10. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

both are correct. Or is it Both is correct? :p

11. Drakaden

You know what's not correct? "have are"

12. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

This is incredibly easy to do, you start typing one thing It could have been 'Chucklefish have vacancies available', then you hit the delete button and delete the 'vacancies available' part, then start typing 'are hiring' forgetting to delete that one extra word. I've done similar things loads of times.

13. Pirate-rob

Pirate-rob Phantasmal Quasar

Blast, I wish I had projects completed in languages other than GML. I wonder how quickly these positions will be filled.

14. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

My bet is that they already have more than enough adequately qualified applicants already and the shortlist will be worked out by the end of the week.

15. Pix

Pix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can always do level design.
    And a little bit of spriting and animation.

16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

You clearly never made a game in your life or you'd know you can't just pay someone and expect them to integrate into a project right away

Scourger and Pix like this.
  17. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

in the UK, it is customary to refer to organizations in the plural.

and i see they are really trying to go through with developing the pirate game simultaneously with starbound. again, i cannot stress just how much of a bad idea this is. starbound has enough problems, it does not need to compete with another project for resources.

Exxil3d, Madzai, Inco and 2 others like this.
  18. Konsai

Konsai Title Not Found

It is true that as a company you have to expand, branch out and whatnot which isn't going to happen with just one game, and while I'm in favor of putting more people to work on Starbound and throwing together another team entirely to work on another title, I do have some grounds for concern here.

The visuals of the pirate game, however you may refer it, remind me of a game more befitting of a mobile platform such as an iPhone or tablet and not the PC. Now I don't know which platform you plan to release it on, but that's what I think it looks like even with it all being subject to change. We lack good pirate games, top down dungeon exploration games in particular (pokemon mystery dungeon wasn't all that great, but had appealing visuals imo). Personally I just don't think the visuals of your latest project are appealing, I honestly doubt the game will take off as well as you think it might.

Exxil3d, WoxandWarf and Blitzlegion like this.
  19. Soundless Productions

Soundless Productions Aquatic Astronaut

Ooh Ooh Pick me, I like scripting!! :D
    So how do we apply? o.0

EDIT: Nevermind I see the email at the bottom now >.<

20. dkdeath

dkdeath Contact!

I may be alone here, but I think it's a good idea for Chucklefish to have multiple test/startup projects running simultaneously with development on Starbound. Getting secondary income streams going will serve to stabilize the company and will only benefit the future of Starbound. If handled properly, these projects should not slow each other down while drawing from idle, scrapped or existing resources and ideas.

I have already gotten more than 100 awesome hours out of this game, which is more than enough for my $15. Any features they are working to implement are just icing on my slice of Starbound cake.

Good luck Chucklefish. This new game sounds awesome.

Cynnacle, EchoVisor, Ping and 6 others like this.