Chucklefish are Hiring

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. XELL78

XELL78 Yeah, You!

2. Folder

Folder Space Spelunker

3. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

4. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

tiy-"- We’re currently taking applications for lua scripters to assist in the development of Starbound. This includes writing scripts for new tech, monster behaviours, weapons and more. Ideally able to attend our offices in London, but a remote position is a possibility for an ideal candidate."

about goddamn time :party:

D-16 likes this.
  5. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

That is like if I was asking to get paid for making suggestions.

6. Icecream4free

Icecream4free Master Chief

I really hope you guys add some rare or really scary monsters that spawn randomly with could give epic loot or could scare the shit out of you. like in terraria, i am sick of the random generated monsters they are useless :p

7. Folder

Folder Space Spelunker

Will everybody get an answer even if it's a negative one ? :eek:

8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

They already have music people. Curtis and Solatrus

9. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

You can't possibly know that. You are assuming Starbound is all they have and apply that ideal to the company overall.

You also have no idea what profits they have received, again assuming Starbound is all they have.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion I guess, but that's all it is.

10. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't quite understand why a couple people try so hard to disapprove D-16, he doesn't bring bad points, i quite agree with a lot of the things he said, but yes it remains perception opinions since we have no way to see what's behind the scene, just like you.

D-16 likes this.
  11. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

i can estimate. 1 mil sales x $15/ tax (~50%). that number/10/12 = 62500. 62500 x exchange rate = 37912. that's yearly income per dev assuming an even split and not allowing for the office.

also, was it not stated early access happened because they ran out of money?

12. Drakaden

Holy crap 50% tax? That's enormous, where are those taxes from?

13. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

international trade.

14. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Big Damn Hero

The art style in the images reminds me of a certain permadeath survival mmo that didn't last very long after being published by Paradox, and had a tiny existence compared to the 'original' permadeath survival mmo that was isometric 2d.

Canada has a business tax of 25%, way cheaper than most other nations, but corporations still use loopholes and such to avoid paying taxes in general.

15. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

referring to salem and haven and hearth, respectively?

and too bad CF is HQ'd in UK, eh?

16. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I would consider working for them, for I have a degree in animation and spacial graphics....

But idk. I like the UK but don't think I want to live there. Perhaps a remote setup.

17. Neko_Kotori

Neko_Kotori Void-Bound Voyager

The UK is still a perfectly suited place...its picking the most expensive of the UK that isnt, graduate game dev's looking for work dont live in london, they all live outside of london or with their parents.

severedskullz likes this.
  18. Drakaden

So were a bunch to agree that he didn't choose the most beneficial place for his money, that's a bit cringing, this money is for long investment of the game, not extreme luxury.

D-16 likes this.
  19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

HIRE SENPAI, DAMMIT

20. Paranormalcactus

Paranormalcactus Phantasmal Quasar

for your unnamed pirate project i would call it PirateBound 'or something along those lines because why not?'

maybe in a future project you guys can do a pirate sim where you can build your crew fight other pirates pillage plunder and raze villages or start a empire of your own and fight the pirates and conquer other nations and such all randomly generated as well as ship to ship combat. and later game fleet to fleet combat. but thats just how i would do it sense there really isnt enough modern day games with this in mind and of course character and ship customization in plentiful variety.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014