1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ha. It's only been eight days.

Actually, I'm working on a new race idea requested by a friend (no one shall know what it is 'til it's released), though there are still some weapons I want to make for slimes (like elemental spears), and I sorta wanna make at least one slime-inspired/based body tech, but I'm not sure what it should be.

Naturally I also want a custom ship, but I've never done one of those before. Someone else did once say they were going to take a stab at it, but I haven't heard from them since then.

2. finsom

finsom Void-Bound Voyager

I get the 2nd slot cpoy readme is for later info, but is there any way to get rid of the copy? its just getting a little on my nerves for it to take 2 slots. nice mod btw.

3. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Didn't your parents ever tell you not to put all your eggs in one basket? Clearly, the metaphor means not to work on more than one project, or else rabid weasels will break into your house and eat all your eggs.

And I know what I'm talking about; I'm a Whale Biologist.

4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

There's nothing wrong with working on more than one mod. There are several modders who manage multiple without a loss of quality between any of them.

5. Warboss_Spriggs

Okay, I can see that the joke went over your head. The "Whale Biologist" bit is a reference to Futurama.

To be clear: IT WAS A JOKE.

The statement was not, under any circumstances, meant to be taken seriously.

6. XelSlime

Sorry about the extra slot taken up. I'll be getting rid of "slimeperson2" eventually, though I want to have enough new stuff to warrant an update, I guess.

In other news, I've just released my second race mod. I'm uploading it here now, forgot after uploading to the Workshop...

7. Warboss_Spriggs

[​IMG]
    Slime monster boss!

8. XelSlime

XelSlime updated Slime Race Mod with a new update entry:

elemental tendrils and blue spheres

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. XelSlime

10. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

for some reason the tendrils arent showing up or doing damage...

11. Rylis

Rylis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm still running into the whip bug. I'm currently fiddling with the code and experimenting on a tomato plant to see if I can figure out a fix. If I find something I'll post what I changed here.. Do you have any mods that allow you to interact with plants in a special way?

Excellent mod though. I am in love with all of it.

Update

I'm only at a bardic knowledge kind of situation with code, but I found a string that can give a clue as to what's happening in the .log.

[Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/active/weapons/weapon.lua"]:41: [string "/items/active/weapons/whip/abilities/whipcrac..."]:225: (ItemException) No such item 'wildtomatoseed'
    [0] 7ff7fd403223

Hope it helps. Though it may support your belief that it could be a Chucklefish issue rather than a you issue. I should go find a whip. ><

Update

So it effects the other whips like the rope whip, but when I remove the mod, the rope whip seems to work fine. So I think the conflict is in the weapon ability whip crack.

Removing the whipcrack.lua from slime race mod\item\active\weapons\whip\abilities seems to be a band-aid fix, Not really sure what I lose by doing so. Thought it would be the elemental effects, but I just poisoned something just fine.

I see something about not being supposed to modify the mod without your permission? I'm really sorry if I wasn't supposed to do all of this.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  12. jonathonspy

hmm...
    should slime liquid heal you rapidly?

13. stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

I would name her Suu ^^

14. XelSlime

Chopan's new slime sphere + strengthened tendrils

15. XelSlime

Slime Traits adjustment

16. XelSlime

LUA mistake corrected + slime equipment for everyone

17. jonathonspy

awww... i liked the breath protection....
    i filled my entire ship up with liquid slime because i could breath it...

18. XelSlime

Oh, er..... shoot.

Sorry, jonathonspy, seems these slimes weren't meant to be like that by nature, though I'll admit I'll miss that sorta thing myself... but on the bright side, at least there's augments n' packs.

Also, if you're not aware, there are mods that add an augment slot to each of the rest of your armor parts. One in particular covers all the base game's armor parts at once. Another one covers the Frackin' Universe armors, in case you're using that one.

I wonder if it's possible to make a specific race able to breathe in a very specific liquid...

19. XelSlime

"poisonStatusImmunity" reversion + new "Slime Glow" item

20. sheepandshepherd

sheepandshepherd Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting an error message in the Starbound log about "raceslimeperson.lua" from Frackin' Races:
    Code:
    [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/stats/effects/fu_racialabilities/raceslimepe..."]:15: (LuaConversionException) Error converting LuaValue to type 'class Star::List<class Star::MVariant<struct Star::StatValueModifier,struct Star::StatBaseMultiplier,struct Star::StatEffectiveMultiplier>,class std::allocator<class Star::MVariant<struct Star::StatValueModifier,struct Star::StatBaseMultiplier,struct Star::StatEffectiveMultiplier> > >'
    Both mods work on their own, but v0.8 of this mod is the last one that doesn't give me that error every frame when they're both installed.
    Don't know much about Lua, but I guess the error comes from the line in stats/effects/slimetraits/slimetraits.lua that removes the "raceslimeperson" effect, which the Frackin' Races mod uses for its own script? Commenting out that line gets rid of the error messages, at least.
    Code:
    status.removeEphemeralEffect("raceslimeperson")
    Anyway, I'll play without Frackin' Races for now - don't need the extra traits. I like this mod either way :nuruhappy: