1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. XelSlime
    [​IMG]
    THIS VERSION OF THE MOD IS NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED, AS IT IS NOW BEING TAKEN CARE OF BY HIERU.
    PLEASE REMEMBER TO DELETE IT FROM YOUR MOD FOLDER, AND CLICK HERE:
    [​IMG]

I've unfortunately become rather disinterested in Starbound lately, due to various events such as one friend being unable to play anymore (family issues), and not having found a server community to play with. Reading comments on the Steam page, I spoke with Hieru, and we pretty much both agreed that she might as well upload it to her own Workshop. This comes with the benefit of faster updates as she no longer has to go through me to get the updates uploaded, and... honestly, I'll admit, I've been rather lazy after she joined me in working on it. The last real thing I did might've been the Impact Slime Tendrils, or starting off the ex-human slime tenants.

If anyone wonders (and this isn't advertisement, it's just a notice), I'll be playing Champions Online (as Xel, of course), but I still chat with Hieru and assist occasionally. Either way though, she's quite devoted to it, and has already created many new things. Rest assured, the mod's in very good hands.

Also, just 'cause this mod's not being updated anymore, doesn't mean its resources are up for grabs, so please keep that in mind. Talk to Hieru and make sure you have her permission before you do anything.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. poonpoon16
    poonpoon16
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-02-12
    I love it
  2. Lindazana
    Lindazana
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-01-10
    Excellent concept with a surprisingly deep degree of customization and racial features/items.
  3. matimemesa2011
    matimemesa2011
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-12-18.5
    Excellent mod
  4. Kristof_Playz
    Kristof_Playz
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-11-30
    Favorite mod
  5. epicbonzi
    epicbonzi
    4/5,
    Version: 2016-11-16
    Great mod
    I love slimes but no armor or a custom ship but still great
  6. Sierrabind
    Sierrabind
    4/5,
    Version: 0.7.3?
    I love the idea, and its creative and pretty well done. The biggest issue I have is the legs have some stray pixels (with the standard legs, obviously the solid base legs dont fit) if you wear gear over them, a single pixel while standing still, and I think a frame looked off while moving. Honestly they aren't a big deal to most people I'd assume, I'm just a stickler, so it bothers me. I considered fixing it myself, but I figured I would say something in case it was unintentional and should be fixed.
    1. XelSlime
      Author's Response
      You mean with the first style right? The puddle appearance? That's why I made up that second variant, for people who want to be contained in their suits.
  7. misterknight
    misterknight
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5.5
    its awesome but its missing one thing health absorption
    if you add it it would be great
    1. XelSlime
      Author's Response
      I actually had thoughts about a life-draining attack on a weapon of some sort recently, now that you mention it. I'd need to learn how to go about it.

I know what you mean though, feeding off their prey.

Reminds me of Space Station 13. Slimes that scientists deal with in xenobiology fed off monkeys or other things thrown into their pens by just enveloping the target. Sometimes, they'd even attack the scientists similarly when people'd try to clean out the pens or move slimes from one pen to another. Caused genetic damage... and of course it hurt.
  8. Crimson_Reaper
    Crimson_Reaper
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5.2 I guess
    SQUISHYYYY!~
  9. StarBond007
    StarBond007
    4/5,
    Version: 0.5?
    This is pretty good for your first mod. It still has its flaws such as that pants don't fit the sprite in terms of slime leaking out, but i suppose that's the nature of slimes ;).
    Another thing is that female slimes' breasts seem to bounce or rather displace themselves when jumping. whether this is intentional or not I'm certainly willing to offer to help with that ^w^.
    The ships pet is killable and the extended color palette seems extensive and provides many slimy options.
    Overall this is a good first mod. If you like slime this is for you.
    1. XelSlime
      Author's Response
      I was actually looking for a sprite sheet that didn't have any pants, considering the slime race, and... well the one I used isn't the regular Starbound human sprite sheet, so... yeah. I didn't pay much attention to the bouncing, haha... but some people might be amused, and they ARE slime after all, I guess, so... right.

The ship pet issue is one I've noticed. I guess Orbis are regularly attackable for some strange reason. I do mean to switch that pet out for another sooner or later. Kinda wanna make it a tiny slime critter, maybe a custom sprite based on the lab slimes in Space Station 13, though someone else suggested a Gleap.
  10. Pohany
    Pohany
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5?
    Suu!!! xD