OOC Disregard(The Most Undead GM)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by CondescendedWow, Oct 24, 2015.

?

What do you think about this RP?

1. It sounds great!

2. It sounds interesting!

3. It sounds okay.

4. It could use a little work.

5. I don't like it, sorry.

6. Potato

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Disregard

Welcome to the slum streets of the heavily populated city-planet of Vergak, you and a small group of strangers have woken up in an uninhabited alleyway near a sewage dump, with what seems like people yelling, dogs barking, a bright lights rushing towards you, you all have no time to act, this is where the adventure begins, in a so-far foreign area, with foreign people chasing you, and worst of all, no short-term memory of how you got there, everything that has happened in the past couple weeks is a blank slate for all of you.
    Your mission is to survive in this ruthless city-planet however you can, with nothing on hand.
    Especially with mysterious figures chasing you down wherever you go.
    Choose how you survive, maybe try to join the figures, become a gang lord, con your way to luxury, fly away from the planet ASAP.
    It's all yours to mould.​
    Disclaimer: New characters will not be introduced as 'sleepers'

Character sheet format:
    Name(Full name):
    Gender(Includes gender identity/orientation):
    Race(Species relative to the Starbound universe, mod races allowed):
    Age(Relative to Earth years, chronological&biological age optional):
    Flaws(preferably actually effects the character):
    Strengths(remember to capitalize on these):

(Shortcut to an explanation of stats)
    (Out of 1-20, 80 points allowed in total)
    Charisma-
    Strength-
    Agility-
    Intelligence-
    Vitality-
    Dexterity-
    Perception-
    Sanity/will-

Background:
    Picture/physical description:

The rules of the RP are simple:
    1: Talk OOC in IC as little as possible.
    2: Don't be rude to others OOC, IC is okay if your characters are enemies.
    3: The GMs word is law, if they say your character got injured, they got injured.
    4: NO GODMODDING(obviously).
    5: Obey your character's stats and limitations.
    6: Please make your posts at least a sentence and a half long, but not several paragraphs either.
    7: Have fun and be kind to your fellow RPers.
    8: NO META ROLEPLAY.
    9: POST SOMETHING RELATED. Your character can have time off but posting only one sentence replies about something random throughout the RP and overall wasting the GMs time is not okay, if you don't plan on being in the story then you can talk in OOC.​

Character Stats:
    Character stats are what make your character your character, they determine how well your character can handle situations and increase your chance of success the higher that stat is, it's pretty simple once your wrap your head around it!

CHARACTER STATS WILL BE FOUND IN THE OP FOR THE RP THREAD.
    HERE
    Also a shortcut to my explanation of how levels effect stats and such
    HERE

GMs:
    These people have the right to for-see actions, plot devices, play as NPCs, etc.
    @quitaren12
    @critsarecool

Characters(Strikethrough=gone):
    Spike- @camerox
    Xoch- @Garbacca
    Cole- @The Squid
    Ouri- @FactoringZettaShonic

Danger Spider- @firepaw497
    Nada- @Kingcakes
    Chase- @Bonabopn

Xael-Zephyr- @Jakz The Ripper
    Ivory- @FoliageFooey
    Ausleir- @Jareix Cryvix
    Lidan- @Owl_Stalker
    Karas- @Miss Alkane
    Kato- @critsarecool
    Sortil- @zeskorion
    Gilden- @StretchDelta
    Nezun- @Gilligan Lanley
    Tekari- @Cup o' Tea
    Euclid- @Jaylor
    (Click on character names for a shortcut to their character sheet)

Important NPCs(Only die with a GM's permission, important to plot):
    Lone Star
    Vana Vines
    Yazu
    Nate
    Johnny Rotten
    Camilla Upman
    Josh Budders
    Novo Regulus, the God
    Miss Tenton, the Director
    Marlon Burghe, the Anarchist

Semi-Important NPCs(kill-able by anyone, semi-important to plot):
    SPECIAL: SI-NPC CANNOT BE ONE-SHOT KILLED

Jared, the X gang foot soldier
    Jerry, the kind camera man
    Theta, the awkward organizer
    Danielle, the agile foreigner
    Danny, the quartermaster
    Perry, the master craftsman

Epsilon, the assassin
    (SPECIAL)
    Hilary, the soo done teen(SPECIAL)
    Spiderbreath, the spider monkey
    Dan, THE MAN
    Joanna, the military scientist
    Vilo Kanto, the.. Guy?

NPC relationship system:
    SI-NPCs are the friends you make along the way, the ones who aren't so important but you love anyway, so here's a list to help you keep track of those friends.
    SI-NPC explanation: HERE

Jared, the X gang foot soldier:
    -Ausleir, allied

Jerry, the kind camera man:
    -Danger, allied
    -Xael, allied
    -Xoch, allied

Theta, the awkward organizer:
    -Kara, allied
    -Lidan, acquainted

Danielle, the agile foreigner:
    -Ausleir, allied
    -Kato, acquainted

Danny, the quartermaster:
    -Spike, allied
    -Kato, allied

Perry, the master craftsman:
    -Gilden, allied
    -Ouri, allied

Epsilon, the assassin:
    -Karas, acquainted

Hilary, the soo done teen:
    -Karas, acquainted
    -Lidan, acquainted
    -Sortil, nemesis

Spiderbreath, the spider monkey:
    -Sortil, allied

Dan, THE MAN:
    -Sortil, nemesis
    -Zephyr, allied

Joanna, the military scientist:
    -Euclid, allied

Vilo Kanto, the.. Guy?:
    -Spike, acquainted

Factions:
    -Figures-
    Technologically advanced, witty, powerful members.
    Not entirely supervised and easy to infiltrate, more than normal amount of disloyal members.

-Lawless-
    Crafty, brutal, silver-tongued, heavy in numbers.
    Quantity over quality, soldiers are weak, reckless, easily bought out.

-Lawful-
    The most military arms at-hand, balanced soldiers, very strict and difficult to infiltrate.
    Balanced soldiers, must follow orders, easily dissuaded by figures of power.

-Independent-
    However you want! Your character by themselves make this faction up!
    -Honest-
    Crafty, their group constantly moves, quality over quantity, loyal, diverse.
    Can only use what they find, only a handful of people, diverse.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Each faction has their own ideals, they do their own thing, they have different advantages and disadvantages.
    Nobody is specifically the "bad guy" whoever you decide to side with determines who you might believe is your enemy. So choose wisely.
    Faction ranks:

Figures:
    Agent- Karas
    Lawless:
    Supplier- Kato
    Commander- Spike
    Secret Weapon- Ausleir
    Grunt- Zephyr

Clueless:
    Sight-seer- All
    Lawful:
    Genius- Euclid
    Independent:
    Brutal Pathfinder- Sortil
    Pirate Wanderer- Lidan

Honest:
    Trail Blazer- All

Current map areas unlocked:
    1, The Slum Wharf
    2, The Home
    3, The Fort

4, The Sprawling City

Have fun finding all 32!

Post your character sheets in the reply section and I'll accept them, if not then I'll tell you what needs fixing so you can join in!
    Things are just getting spicy in the RP soon so make sure to book your appointment with adventure today!

PLOT/CHARACTER TEASES CAN BE FOUND HERE:
    My "art" thread

YOU CAN ASK THE CHARACTERS QUESTIONS THAT ARE NON-PLOT RELATED HERE:
    Rp Ask account

Xoch's Ask account
    Danger Spider's Ask account
    Not sure if Zetta wants this to be an ask Ouri account but too bad
    Xael and other's Ask account
    Kara's Ask account, but also home to probably a million other characters
    SORTIL'S ASK ACCOUNT THIS IS PROBABLY SO VIOLENT

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would join but I am in a very different timezone

3. CondescendedWow

Oh feel free to join anyway, in this RP you can basically make your character idol a lot of stuff, I wouldn't say I'm forcing any specific RP behaviour here, I'm trying to make a very free RP.[DOUBLEPOST=1445668542][/DOUBLEPOST]I was also wondering if the point stat total is too small, I had it at 70 first and then I felt like that allowed for too much balance.
    Ah well I'll change it back to 70.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  4. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Name: Spike
    Race: Novakid
    Flaws(preferably actually effects the character):Impulsive, Rude, Paranoid, Explosive (Explosions of rage and energy).
    Strengths: Keen eye, can breathe fire.

Charisma: 4
    Strength: 13
    Agility: 13
    Intelligence: 8
    Vitality: 13
    Dexterity: 13
    Sanity/will: 6

Background: At the age of five Spike was abducted by a group of apex whom worked out that by changing a novakid's brand they could do some cool stuff. Spike's brand was put through the electromagnetic machine that increased his speed, the crushing hammer that increased his strength, the centrifuge which increased vitality. These tests left him unstable and he was prone to rage.

One point, after they decided to not let him play the next video-game in his favorite series, he slammed down his hand on to a shiny metal table and yelled spewing fire from his mouth "I'm done-(use your imagination for these words) -bye" and left. He stole in a S-class quad-FTL cruiser that was stopping off for supplies.

He then sold this at a human shipyard then got accustomed to the highlife of human aristocrats. He then started living out his life acquiring goods from people then selling them sometimes to the people he acquired them from.

Picture/physical description: A blue novakid with a mercury (silvery) brand the shape of the mercury symbol. Quite lanky. He wears a black suit and a bowler hat. :nurudapper:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    CondescendedWow likes this.
  5. CondescendedWow

Very nice! but I did bring up the max points allowed for usage by 10 because for now it seems pretty scarce, so feel free to add some points on there.
    @camerox looking at his flaws I think you should lower his charisma and/or sanity/will stats a little, also raise his dexterity a bit.

6. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Can my character be of a modded race?

7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I would like to know what is the difference between agility and dexterity, sanity/will and Intelligence?

8. Garbacca

Garbacca Void-Bound Voyager

I'm probably going to join this, but just so you know I'm new here.[DOUBLEPOST=1445689008][/DOUBLEPOST]Name: Xoch
    Race: Avian
    Flaws: Lacks physical strength, rude/snarky, can't swim
    Strengths: Fast and agile

Charisma: 4
    Strength: 5
    Agility: 17
    Intelligence: 10
    Dexterity: 6
    Sanity/will: 15

Background: Xoch was abandoned at the age of 6 because his mother didn't make enough money to provide for him. He lived on the streets, stealing food and supplies to survive. He is also a non-believer, not wanting to be a part of religion so zealous they killed those who were not of faith. Somehow, this secret got out, and his survival became significantly harder, with the constant threat of being found and stealing the things he needed to survive. Then, one day, while Xoch was on run from two guards, a fleet of Floran bandits began their assault on the city. Amongst the panic, Xoch nabbed someone's starship passcodes. He escaped the planet, and set off to make a living.
    Picture/physical description: Brown feathers, wears a bandit's hat, a black jacket, and a pair of hunting trousers.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    camerox likes this.
  9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Name: Cole
    Race: Apex
    Flaws: Very argumentative and somewhat anti-social. Doesn't really trust anybody.
    Strengths: Very smart and manipulative.

Charisma: 3
    Strength: 6
    Agility: 12
    Intelligence: 18
    Vitality: 14
    Dexterity: 8
    Sanity/Will: 19

Background: Cole lived in the slums for basically his whole life. At age eleven, he began selling drugs on the street to help feed his family. He never knew his father, and lived in a small apartment with his mom and two little sisters. When he was sixteen, his mom got stabbed on her way home from the restaurant where she worked. His sisters were put into foster care and he ran away, living on the streets. He tries to avoid people as much as he can, especially other Apex.
    Picture/physical description: Pretty skinny. Has dark brown hair and tan skin. He usually wears a hoodie and jeans.
    Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 9.44.15 AM.jpg (pretend he's wearing a hoodie)

10. CondescendedWow

Yeah! Depends on the race though, if it's more known then that's fine but if it's some obscure race then I'd say you should re-think that.

I'll just go ahead and explain them all and what they effect:

Agility is 100% movement based, like if you're getting chased down it effects the chances of you say running into a stranger, falling, and getting caught.
    Dexterity is completely melee attack based, so if your character uses swords I would suggest they have decent dexterity, also dexterity happens to be reactionary as a stat, and increases chance to parry and such.
    Sanity/will is your character's willpower, or in general mental health, so if your character is mentally unstable they'll have low sanity/will, also useful if you get caught and interrogated.
    Intelligence is partly so I can limit your character's knowledge so they don't seem to know everything, this effects your character's general problem solving and all that.
    Charisma is the way your character talks, looks, the feeling they give off to NPCs, this obviously effects just how silver-tongued your character is and how well they use it.
    Strength is the other attack based half of dexterity, (almost)completely effects how much damage you do with physical attacks, also effects their ability to move objects and such.
    Vitality is the general endurance and health of your character, for example if they have a vitality of lower than 5 then they can be instantly killed by a gunshot to the torso.
    Vitality can also be used in terms of stamina, not how fast but how long your character can run.
    Perception is obviously your character's ability to perceive things from a distance, perceive things in the shadow, and it also greatly effects your character's ability to aim a gun.

OKAY let's just rip off that thing on his face.. aaaaand there!

Seems like a good Avian character to me, don't panic if you're new, everyone can do this!
    My only suggestion is that you develop your character a little more, at the moment Xoch seems to be pretty static.

Very good! Your character has some.. ehhmm.. unforntunate mishaps in their life, but that's good, the fact that he was born in the slums will help.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    The Squid likes this.
  11. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

does a gyrusen count as non-obscure?

12. CondescendedWow

Nah, it's okay for them, although I'm not particularly saying people of the same race will be everywhere.

13. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Name: ouri xohinpe
    Race: Gyrusen
    Flaws(preferably actually effects the character): Semi-insane, easily aggrevated
    Strengths: Good with guns and scythes, smart
    (Out of 1-20, 70 points allowed in total)
    Charisma:1
    Strength:13
    Agility: 10
    Intelligence: 20
    Dexterity: 12
    Sanity/will: 1
    (i think its about 70)
    Background: Born and raised on the planet of the gyrusen at age 20 he was sent out to look for supplies.
    in the 3 years of traveling he has become insane. and by this point hes blown up most villages he has found.
    When he left he took only his guitar and his Ouron Scythe, both of wich he Always has with him.
    His insanity: (i added this in because its kinda complicated) In his mind he has two voices constantly trying to keep him on their side, theyre names are ruzanion(the good one) and xenion(the bad one) when either of them win he will listen to them for a while until he snaps out of it.
    Picture/physical description: 2015-10-24_00002.jpg 2015-10-24_00001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    camerox likes this.
  14. CondescendedWow

It's actually 75 so I ask you lower your overall stats by a bit.
    Other than that good character.
    Nobody seems to want a charismatic character though.

15. Garbacca

Garbacca Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, I redid Xoch's background, so hopefully that's good enough.

16. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Would I be able to join this?

17. CondescendedWow

It is! Thank you for fixing it.[DOUBLEPOST=1445710050][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Only if you want![DOUBLEPOST=1445710886][/DOUBLEPOST]OH also if anyone has any suggestions then I'm free to taking them.
    Such as ideas for how to pull off a character progression system.. Actually wait nevermind I just thought of something.
    ANYWAY, if you have any suggestions then feel free to ask! The RP is still getting started so there's time for last minute improvement.

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  18. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Okay then, this will be my first Roleplay then!
    Here's my character ( I think this is finished)
    Name: Danger Spider
    Race: Floran
    Flaws(preferably actually affects the character): She Isn't very smart, has trouble controlling herself, tends to head right into a battle instead of thinking things through first.
    Strengths: She's strong, fast, and knows how to use a weapon
    Charisma: 5
    Strength: 14
    Agility: 13
    Intelligence: 4
    Dexterity: 13
    Sanity/will: 8
    Total=70

Background: Born on a forest Planet, Danger was raised to fight and hunt, as is tradition.
    Early in her life she was injured, the injury affected her brain, limiting her intellect, though she may not be very smart, she is still fast and strong. Danger is literally in her name, she loves getting in fights, but hates planning out fights, she instead prefers to rush into a battle with no knowledge of what she's facing. She's great if she's an ally, but deadly if she's an enemy.

DangerSpider1.jpg Is this picture good enough?

camerox and CondescendedWow like this.
  19. CondescendedWow

*Realizes I forgot to add a gender section in the character sheets*
    OH IT'S GREAT, good job on the character! Although it's usually preferred you come up with a background for your character so we can get a good idea of them and who they are.

20. Kingcakes

Kingcakes Orbital Explorer

Name: Nada Strangletrap
    Race: Floran
    Flaws: She has Drysap resistance for being a cultured floran, but it is the only thing that could keep her alive on extremely hot and desert planets, so the consequences, she has paranoia and outrage states, those are only present when she has to use 2 (or more) Drysap injections on a period of a human week.
    She is more a ranged gunner than a close range fighter.
    Lacks of physical constitution, she can't really take direct hits.
    Extremely racist against Humans, Apex, Hylotl.
    Too shy and socially awkward.

Strengths: cool headed, calculative, she has a natural instinct for survival, Hunter Training, Excellent aiming, vast knowledge in sniper rifles and personal defense (this last it is only effective thanks to her speed not for her strength), she is good at camouflage and waiting.

Charisma: 5
    Strength: 5
    Agility: 18
    Intelligence:10
    Vitality:5
    Dexterity:15
    Sanity/will:12

Background: Born on a Floran tribe at a really young age she learned how to hunt, but one day a group of space bandits attacked her village causing a massive massacre, enslaved and sold to an outcast Glitch who raises her like his own child, she learned how to use a sniper rifle and keep training on hunting things, for all the Glitch knowledge she received she grew a specially love for books and love novels, at the age of 17 she decided to give hunt to those whom attacked her village and killed her fathers, at the age of 23 she doesn't know nothing about the pirates except the memories of the Human, Apex and Hylotl savages who killed everyone.

nada no helmet.jpg Nada.png