1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Most popular race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MoonBeast, Dec 20, 2013.

?

Which race is most popular?

1. Human

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Glitch

95 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Floran

183 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Avian

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. Hylotl

72 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Apex

50 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. Novakid

75 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

2. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

The parasite is the result of cultists summoning a giant Shoggoth. Either that or the stars are right and the great old ones were unleashed on earth. (H.P. Lovecraft)

3. Notho

Notho 2.7182818284590...

Hehe, Little Shop of Horror. This was from the musical version, but the first one was good too. You can see a very young Jack Nicholson in the original, btw.

Also, to stay on topic: humans or florans. Kind of a toss up for me.

4. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Some people take that "favourite species" a bit too serious, sure I like RP but:

When I read comments on a (dont click spoiler, doesnt contain bad stuff but some people might not like bad comments on reddit)
    kinda skimpy artwork of a floran female (although they are unisex) onreddit like this: " Wouldnt mind "pollinating" her if you know what I mean ;)", then I think "ok... *cough* weirdo".

RP is fine, but comments on immages like that saying stuff like that creep the shit out of me.

I'd rather stay with humans then as my fav species ^^

Serenity likes this.
  5. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

You're not a furry, that's why comments like those creep you out.

Serenity likes this.
  6. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Oh I learned something about myself then :D

So basicly if those comments dont creep me out then I am sorta furry?

Serenity likes this.
  7. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

Most likely.

Serenity likes this.
  8. Naara

Naara Title Not Found

What I like about the Starbound races is that all of them have something awesome about them in their own way. In my opinion, florans look the coolest, glitch and avian have the coolest lore, hylotl have the coolest culture and it's really cool to see a culture based on 1984 with the Apex. Novakids are a cool concept, but I don't really know too much about them other than the fact that they are star cowboys. The thing is though, all the races have something appealing about them and I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite or a least favorite. And then there are humans, for people who want something familiar. I must say though, it surprises me a little that florans are the most popular. I picked floran for my first character because I though they looked the coolest and I didn't know any of the lore yet, but I didn't expect them to be the really popular ones. Especially seeing as most of them are pricks (not the people playing them, but the race itself). Seriously, I don't want to be stabbed, thank you very much.

I am definitely a racist against evil plant people.

9. Zengoku

Zengoku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Has everyone here forsaken their humanity?! I will always be Human!

10. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

An awful flawed way to do a poll, don't you think?

If you want to know what the most popular race is, the thing to do would be... you know, ask what their favorite race is. (Granted we already have a million of those.)

Serenity likes this.
  11. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

And playing a fantasy race in a videogame will not change that.

12. ThePenguinNich

ThePenguinNich Big Damn Hero

Avians, obviously
    1. Best lore
    2. Pretty good racial tributes (when they come)
    3. You can make yourself a penguin

13. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow. the things that happen when you leave a thread you created unattended for several weeks

14. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

But what is really good and what is evil?

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  15. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

+1 truth
    Apex are too close to people, I am a doctor and I know how furries operate. Apex are just hairy people, they don't look enough like animals for them.

16. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Zero Gravity Genie

I'm a furry and that comment still creeps me out.
    Plants? Really? Being attracted to plants?

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  17. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

It is, because its basicly "Xenosexuality" (Florans are aliens) AND "herbsexual" god what a terribal neologism for that guy who commented on that "innocent looking floran".
    1 is creepy enough but both? Thats just extremly [add stronger form of creepy here].

And honestly I doubt all Furries are sorta weird what some people think often, I like for instance chain reactions in chemestry very much... too much but nobody calls me a pervert cause I want to find new ways to collaps molecules.

18. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Zero Gravity Genie

Allow me to be the first; PERVERT!But in all seriousness, plants aren't even sentient outside of fantasy environments. It's just, weird.Maybe I'm being hypocritical, but oh well.

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  19. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

37cb20a5-389f-40ad-803b-c1f64cde64c0.jpg

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  20. Captain Samson

Captain Samson Master Chief

It's totally hypocritical and can we all stop talking about furries and flower-buggerers and get back to the topic of which race we totally unbiasedly think everyone else thinks is the best?
    Which is Novakids, obviously. Because we want what we don't have and also novakidz rool.

edit: Also, if you think herbsexuals (herbophiles?) are weird, what about autophiles? Or robophiles, or other kinds of mechanical/inanimate object-lovin'?

"Hey man that's one innocent looking PS4 right there"