1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound freeze/crash at Chucklefish logo~

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DJOkamical, Dec 4, 2013.

1. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

So, I load up my Starbound, and the chuckefish logo comes up, shrinks down, and the game freezes~
    Anyone with similar problems, or maybe a fix?

FairyDust54 likes this.
  2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Same ploblem here... WHYY!

3. matthieu

matthieu Astral Cartographer

im having the same issue :(
    lol...i was so happy to finish the download..and then BANG !

Zhynx_ likes this.
  4. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

It freezes for me but just waiting it out seems to work. Even when it says not responding after a bit it loaded fine.

Ikbenbeter likes this.
  5. StarKiller

StarKiller Phantasmal Quasar

What kind of system are you using? I'm on my Macbook Pro, and I just let it sit for a bit, probably around 45 seconds or so. All of a sudden, the game loaded fine. :)

6. Suhr

Suhr Astral Cartographer

same, windows xp

7. Robin :)

Robin :) Orbital Explorer

Waiting doesn't work for me :c

Zhynx_ likes this.
  8. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Happened to me first 2 times I started it up. Seems that it becomes unresponsive while loading for the first time. I just started it up, then made it force-quit when it froze, then tried again and it worked.

But the bug with the Hunting Bow is another thing...

9. Ceteria

Ceteria Void-Bound Voyager

Same thing here. Waited quite a while and still nothing. Must have restarted it at least 6 times. Windows XP as well.

10. Dafelleant

Dafelleant Void-Bound Voyager

I have same problem(((((((

11. Kenthia

Kenthia Void-Bound Voyager

same problem its been like this for the passed few minutes thought waiting on it it would eventually respond but i dont think its gonna respond also Windows XP

12. wtfkiffer

wtfkiffer Void-Bound Voyager

I had the same problem. I think I may have found a fix though. Try disabling the steam community overlay.

13. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Not sure if it's a first time thing, but the game hangs for a LOOONG time at the Chucklefish logo. Give it a while and it'll eventually come up.

14. Chalk another one up for the game freezing/crashing at the splash screen. It will launch fine and then it freezes, I let it sit for 5 minutes and it does not respond. I'm trying everything. Happens in either Normal or Safe Mode.

Windows XP SP3, 9400GT video card, Pentium dual core.

15. kayido

kayido Aquatic Astronaut

I had some problem while launchin the game after creating a character , it helped when i update my visual c++ as for the freeze i got it too and it juste take time ,bare with it :p

16. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

Happens for me as well. I'm on Win 8.1. I'm going to wait and see what's happening.

17. se05239

se05239 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My game freezes at logo, but eases up after 10-30 seconds.

18. CeaseofMorality

CeaseofMorality Space Hobo

yerp, same here, also windows XP, also let it sit for a couple of minutes, but will try again. olol just when I thought the wait was over... :p

19. Skorvold

Skorvold Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Been waiting for about 15 minutes and nothing

20. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Same...