1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound freeze/crash at Chucklefish logo~

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DJOkamical, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Oxalis

Oxalis Void-Bound Voyager

They should... It's only the second most used OS in the world.

Pingeh likes this.
  2. Jabenin

Jabenin Aquatic Astronaut

It's happening to me on Windows 7. Apparently if you wait a while after it says "Not Responding" it will eventually work.

3. Milavelo

Milavelo Big Damn Hero

It will never clear up for XP users, it would seem..

4. HeadFullDMT

HeadFullDMT Aquatic Astronaut

It took a while to load the first time. About 3 minutes max. The next time it loaded faster for me. Works fine so far.

5. Rawrkanos

Rawrkanos Void-Bound Voyager

The way I fixed this problem was to Launch a server, wait until it said "Info: Shutting down world <worldname>" then closed the server. Then the game loads fine.

So it seems like the game is trying to generate/load a world at the Chucklefish logo and that is why it "freezes".

6. Milavelo

Milavelo Big Damn Hero

Are you using Windows XP?

7. I am giving this a shot right now, are you on WIndows XP?

8. Knawojin

Knawojin Astral Cartographer

Another XP user reporting in. Same problem with me. From the "Starbound Launcher" I Launch Starbound, get the window but it's black and is not responding. Let me know of any findings that you guys might come across that might help. Cheers. :V

-- Slight update: I've managed to now get to the Chucklefish logo before it freezes. Yipee. :p

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  9. KevinFragger2427

KevinFragger2427 Pangalactic Porcupine

YES yes it works it works!!!!! Start the server to create the world!!!

EDIT: Balls, nevermind.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  10. Jounk33

Jounk33 Space Hobo

Same!
    XP SP3
    I can not believe the Devs start with selling such a kind of BETA, but in this case this is disapointing and no nice opening.

EDIT: I try to start a Server, but it gives many Warnings and breaks after some minutes.

11. Milavelo

Milavelo Big Damn Hero

How do I start a server, guys?!

I click on the server button in launcher, and run it from steam folder itself, just an empty black command prompt window comes up..

12. Knawojin

Starting a server brings me back numerous "Error" windows after being in the cmd window a few seconds.

13. Oxalis

Oxalis Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, I actually tried starting a server earlier, but it didn't finish creating the world, will try again and see what happens and report in.

14. AsheruWolf

AsheruWolf Void-Bound Voyager

Close all copys of the game if more than one are running then wait it out it worked for me I had 3 copys open for some reason.

15. KevinFragger2427

Are you running a windows Xp? If not, sorry pal, but you're of no use to us.

16. skmou

skmou What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

17. KevinFragger2427

Guys, it's official. The devs have made it clear that Starbound won't work for XP until they get a newer 32bit build up and running. Guess we struck out this time. Oh well, back to Calculus...

18. Knawojin

With the "Starbound - Beta" stuck on the Chucklefish logo, the memory usage is '644,808 K' - Anyone know if this is abnormal off the top of their heads? Just trying to narrow this down to SOMETHING at least.

19. Can we please get a link to that info?

20. Curse Starwind

Curse Starwind Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had several problems but running in safe mode fixed everything. I'm in the game playing around right now.