1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipstructor (WIP) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Ships' started by Team_MTSSM, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would like to request another method of download please. I do not trust nor like the idea of having to download third party downloader software just to be able to download this mod. *Clicking the madtulip.exe at the top of the page does nothing, trying to "Save As" downloads a corrupt non functional file.

2. Hammie The Hamster

Hammie The Hamster Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm so im trying this mod in multiplayer for the first time, and despite having identical mod folders (i zipped up mine and sent it to them) my friend's ship is dark and all items within it are invisible. Is there a way we can fix this or?

Edit: I am the host in our case, and my ship appears just fine, however theirs is bugged out.

Edit 2: Friend crashes upon teleporting to my ship as well

3. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Its not neccessary to get a third party software to download it.
    Which browser did you try to download it from? It worked fine for me on both firefox and chrome.

Also are you making sure you're clicking directly on "madtulip.zip" and that your browser or antivirus isnt interfereing?

(Just trying to help by offering potential issues you may be experiencing)

I have no experience with direct connect multiplayer, only with the dedicated server sorry :( Do you have any other mods installed directly to the assets folder that maybe your friend doesnt have?

4. Hammie The Hamster

Neither of us have any mods in the assets folder no. All our mods are in the mod folder

5. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

Why does this mod give you a randomized amount of ShipTech?
    First time I got 7, now I got 58, then when I put it in my ship locker, it turned into perfectly generic item so now it's gone completely. At least in the server in which I've updated the mod on.

6. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am using Firefox browser, and I use avast... I have made checks and I am certain there is no interference. I have made sure to click on madtulip.zip and it did nothing just reloaded same page instead. Trying to "save as" downloads the zip but its size is 6.9kb not sure if that's a speedyshare joke of some sort.

7. Fullmoon

Fullmoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks really promising. A question — how can I add this ship for modded races?

8. Hammie The Hamster

Step 1: Go into the mod's folder "Madtulip" and open the universe_server.config file with notepad++ Make entries identical to the ones already in there for each custom race.

Example: Original:

Code:
    {
        "__merge" : [],
        "speciesShips" : {
            "__merge" : [
            [ "overwrite", "apex" ],
            [ "overwrite", "avian" ],
            [ "overwrite", "floran" ],
            [ "overwrite", "human" ],
            [ "overwrite", "hylotl" ],
            [ "overwrite", "glitch" ]
        ],
        "apex" : "/ships/apex/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "avian" : "/ships/avian/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "floran" : "/ships/floran/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "human" : "/ships/human/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "hylotl" : "/ships/hylotl/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "glitch" : "/ships/glitch/madtulip_dropship.structure"
      }
    }
    Example: Felins, Ethereals and Elves added

Code:
    {
        "__merge" : [],
        "speciesShips" : {
            "__merge" : [
            [ "overwrite", "apex" ],
            [ "overwrite", "avian" ],
            [ "overwrite", "floran" ],
            [ "overwrite", "human" ],
            [ "overwrite", "hylotl" ],
            [ "overwrite", "glitch" ],
            [ "overwrite", "ethereal" ],
            [ "overwrite", "elf" ],
            [ "overwrite", "felin" ]   <---- no "," for the last entry, "," needed for all those before it.
        ],
        "apex" : "/ships/apex/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "avian" : "/ships/avian/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "floran" : "/ships/floran/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "human" : "/ships/human/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "hylotl" : "/ships/hylotl/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "glitch" : "/ships/glitch/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "ethereal" : "/ships/ethereal/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "elf" : "/ships/elf/madtulip_dropship.structure",
        "felin" : "/ships/felin/madtulip_dropship.structure" <---- no "," for the last entry, "," needed for all those before it.
      }
    }
    Note: make sure each race's name is lowercase, and do not forget "," 9 times out of 10, when your game crashes due to altering mod files, its because you forgot a "," somewhere.

Step 2: Next in the same folder where the universe_server.config file is located, you should see a folder named "ships". Inside you'll find folders for each race. Open one and copy its contents, (there should be 2 files, a madtulip_dropship.structure file and a madtulip_dropshipblocks.png.). Next, create folders for each of the new races you want and paste those two files into each one, make sure these new race folders are labeled the same as in the universe_server.config file, all lower case.

Step 3: profit!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    megakruemel and Fullmoon like this.
  9. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've had a similar issue.... try opening or closing some doors! My small engine room has to be closed at all times... yet all my other doors have to be wide open, otherwise the life support machine complains, if I close my other doors, it complains, if the engine room is open it complains!

10. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

It could be related to oddly shaped rooms, maybe a 'line of sight' effect for the fans? Maybe walls and floors that dont 'seal' a room but merely separate it in two causes issues? (Grasping at straws here)

11. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

Hey do you have any other tech mods maybe. And when you say jump out do you have anything outside your ship a back wall or something. The tech detects certain conditions to turn on and off the gravity.
    Like if there is a backwall or walls beside your player.

12. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

There are 2 Captain Chairs for some reason, in the ship station. Both look the exact same and have the same crafting recipe and all. :p So a duplicate item maybe?

13. Reetno

Reetno Subatomic Cosmonaut

Of all the custom ship mods I like this the best for the fact that I can craft the ship parts~

Though I have a little problem. I didn't like the fact that the Avian ship was, well not Avian from the start, so I changed that in the ship file to change the blocks and such to an Avian type, and it worked for the most part as you can see:
    [​IMG]
    However it won't add the large Avian fin in place of the human one... Is there anyway I can fix this?

14. Fullmoon

Yes, thank you. And what if there are race-specific things — like starting treasure or captain's chair for Felins?

15. Hammie The Hamster

Go to Starbound/Mods/Madtulip/ships/felin

Open madtulip_dropship.structure with Notepad++

Scroll down to where it says:

Code:
    {
          "value" : [0, 255, 0, 255],
          "foregroundBlock" : false,
          "backgroundBlock" : true,
          "backgroundMat" : "apexshipwall",
          "object" : "madtulip_shiplocker",
          "objectParameters" : {
            "treasurePools" : [ "apexStarterTreasure" ],
            "level" : 1,
            "unbreakable" : false
          }
    change to

Code:
    {
          "value" : [0, 255, 0, 255],
          "object" : "madtulip_shiplocker",
            "treasurePools" : [ "felinStarterTreasure" ],
            "level" : 1,
    next, scroll down further to where it says

Code:
    {
          "value" : [0, 255, 255, 255],
          "object" : "madtulip_captainschair",
          "objectDirection" : "left",
          }
        },
    change to

Code:
    {
          "value" : [0, 255, 255, 255],
          "object" : "felincaptainschair",
          "objectDirection" : "left",
          }
        },
    Save changes.

that should do it. ;)

If this doesnt work, try copying the felin treasure folder over into the madtulip folder, as well as the felin "items" folder's contents into madtulip's "items" folder, but you shouldnt need to.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Fullmoon likes this.
  16. Fullmoon

Yet again, thank you. Didn't know that mods could talk to each other.

...On the second thought, they merge with main files, of course they can. It seems I'm too used to Bethesda mod system.

17. Hammie The Hamster

They do indeed talk with one another, but it wasn't always like that until very recently hehe :) And you're very welcome!

18. Sigurd Aginulfus

Sigurd Aginulfus Void-Bound Voyager

I know it might be a bit early in this mod's life to be asking, but will any of these systems be made to work in airless biomes? Having a fully-fledged life support system that provides air and warmth would be fantastic for an asteroid or moon base. Not to mention the panic of a breach/improperly wired airlock.

19. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

Also it seems some items turn into "perfectly generic item" when you put them in a chest or storage of any kind. The server can't figure them out it seems even though the mod is installed on the server. All of the following items turn into Perfectly Generic Item.
    Avian: FTL Drive, Small Ship Fin, Interstellar Communications Array, Stabilization Thruster
    Hyloti: Small Spaceship Fin, Medium Spaceship Fin, Large Spaceship Fin, Spaceship Gyro Stabilizer, Flux Compensator.
    Glitch: Interstellar Communications Array
    Apex: FTL Thruster, Stabilization Thruster

Spaceship tech or whatever it's called.

Please make it so only specific races learn their own ship parts by default. Maybe you can make an upgrade tech like thing like the MK2 map upgrade, to allow a person to learn that race's items? Just make it a craft-able upgrade that you can only craft once you get the ability to use steel, because no ship items are craft-able until you get MK2 map anyway. Can call it "Avian Ship Parts Upgrade" or "Avian Ship Blueprint" and if you can lock it to each race only, then you can make it so I have to have an avian friend craft the upgrade and give it to me in order to learn avian ship parts. Hows that sound?

20. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

Stuff like this is planned, but the problem is that we cant assess the player any other way then techs. Hope the starbound devs will release a way to do it and them we could make all sorts of stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.