1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipstructor (WIP) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Ships' started by Team_MTSSM, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

We have already planed custom ship walls and blocks. So don't worry this will be in the mod soon enough.

Btw, how wont it add it. If i remember correctly there is a avian large fin ship part in the mod

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. Reetno

Reetno Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well those aren't custom, I just used blocks that are already in the game files.
    But I'm thinking the reason the fin is not working is because the Avian fin is so much wider then the Human fin and so the edge of it is off the edge of the ship, so disappears once the game starts up. Not like that's muck of a problem now since I've already ripped apart that starter ship to build this:

[​IMG]
    As you can see though I've also changed out some of textures to match more with the theme of the ship (^^') as well as adding in the Avian's captain chair you find in the Avian objects folder. Though I wish I could light up the outside without putting torches like that... like a glowing block of some sort.

Haedes and madtulip like this.
  3. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

You can grow crops on your shipworld? I didn't think they'd grow without sunlight or inside of things. Thought you needed open areas. :p
    It would be nice if your shipworld wasn't always dark. I think it's because of the invisible blocks going around the entire shipworld. Kinda sucks that you can't have sunlight inside, hitting the outside of your ship.

4. Reetno

Yep, and you can also grow trees in space as well~ lol... a funny thing I found out. In open space, above my ship I grew a bunch of trees at one time. But it kinda makes sense that you can grow crops on your ship... I mean you can grow plants as long as they get some time of light, or none even depending on the plant, and carbon dioxide. Which makes that little area my hydroponics area~ It makes oxygen for me to breath :D

And yeah... it would make sense that the outer part of your ship would be brightened due to the sunlight being able to always hit it. Like with real space ships/stations.

5. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

Hey do you have any other tech activated that affects gravity, like hover or jetpack. If so try to remove them and it will work. I just found out if you have a tech that changes gravity state it does not work.

6. Ninjawa

Ninjawa Void-Bound Voyager

Nevermind. I didn't know that I had to activate the tech in the inventory menu until recently.

7. bitrandombit

bitrandombit Void-Bound Voyager

Currently I've downloaded the mod, extracted it to the mod folder, there's no ship panel on the wall or in any of the ship's lockers or in my inventory. I'm unable to punch through the walls or even affect more than a few wall panels and the lights. Is there a step I'm missing?

Edit: a fer few.

8. Reetno

Did you make a new character or delete your old .shipworld file?

9. bitrandombit

bitrandombit Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, no I didn't do either of those. Where are the shipworld files? Can I delete it after putting in the mod, or do I have to recreate it somehow?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  10. DrHax

DrHax Big Damn Hero

I'm having a bit of trouble opening it using Ubuntu it just errors out when trying to open up the mod's zip folder.

11. Reetno

It's in the player folder in your Starbound folder. Just remember when you delete the .shipworld file you will lose your planet and everything on your ship, so save what you can on your character.
    You should just need to delete that file and then when you start the game back up with your character it will create a new shipworld file for that character. I would however suggest putting your matter manipulator in the ship locker since it will also restart your quests. That or you can just put the second matter manipulator in a chest on a world and leave it behind, since you can't delete or drop them.

12. longlive_fish

longlive_fish Intergalactic Tourist

how do i install the mod i dont know were to start or what 2 do at all

13. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Extract it into the Starbound mods folder. In Steam, right click Starbound and select Properties, Then select the "Local Files" tab and then "Browse Local Files" this will bring up the main Starbound directory.

Alternatively, browse to it manually, itll be wherever you installed your steam to, For example
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound
    Then enter the mods folder,
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

Copy the madtulip.zip file to this folder, right click, and "Extract here" It should extract as a whole folder, and inside that folder will be all the mod files.
    Delete the zip file if you copied it to the /mods folder
    Installation complete :p

14. FairlyIncognito

FairlyIncognito Big Damn Hero

Anyone know of a way to use this with custom races? That would be pretty sweet. Tried a few different things that didn't work.

15. Reetno

16. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

It sucks that my trees won't grow at all. When they do, they vanish. :( Made a whole bio-deck

17. FairlyIncognito

FairlyIncognito Big Damn Hero

18. Reetno

You mean on your ship? If when they grow any part of them, branch/top, will end up hitting a block it will just vanish. They need to have a large open area without the worry of hitting a block, either sides or top. So the size of the room will have to be dependent on type/size of the trees you are trying to plant. Desert trees are great for planting closer to walls, but I also find they get very, very tall for example.

So I would suggest just laying out a flat plain of dirt in the width you want the tree farm to be, but leave it open on the sides and top and then when they grow build around them~

19. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/my-entire-spaceship.60956/
    I only have limited room, it's very hard to expand my asteroid any at all right now. The ship tech with this mod that lets you do the no gravity thing doesn't work. xP I ended up losing it because it became perfectly generic item when I tried to store it and then same thing happened when I tried to give it to myself later with another character and stuff. What trees do you think might fit in that height area?

20. Reetno

It's hard to say what ones would averagely be short enough to fit in that space... all I can suggest is go from planet to planet(most likely grasslands? idk, haven't been on a lot of those, but I remember thinking the trees seemed short on the ones I did.) and find trees that seem to be always very short. Other then that I can only suggest making the tree area larger.

And I also don't even use that tech that comes with the mod, it doesn't work well for me and makes me move far too slow.
    I just build scaffolding with a block type I don't need, like tar or something so I don't fall to the bottom.

Edit: Adding, I play on the maxed out zoomout and even then I find most trees are taller then the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.