1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Shipstructor (WIP) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Ships' started by Team_MTSSM, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team_MTSSM

Team_MTSSM Void-Bound Voyager

madtulip submitted a new mod:

MadTulips Ship Mod - Customizeable/Craftable Spaceship/Station

Read more about this mod...

Cuttlefish likes this.
  2. Shad0w

Shad0w Big Damn Hero

I installed it but there no receipts in the ship craft thing.

DeviantLlama, CrazyJuan and Eelusive like this.
  3. Sushiy

Sushiy Seal Broken

About the cosmetic upgrades and such: Couldnt you just cut out "bits and pieces" from the original races ships, make them into placeable objects? Of course some "Filler" parts, corners and the likes would be needed to really make one continous hull...

Edit:
    Also I've seen a different Folder structure in a lot of other mods recently, where you add the folder to the main dircetory and change the "bootstraps.config" to include your files as well...that way you don't seem to have to replace the player config anymore?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. madtulip

madtulip Phantasmal Quasar

madtulip updated MadTulips Ship Mod with a new update entry:

Rev. 24 added "Ship Station Manual" and improoved cross official patch stability

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sushiy likes this.
  5. Sushiy

Sushiy Seal Broken

It's not completely done yet, as you can see the front part is still missing...I am also lacking most of the furniture still..
    But anyhow: Here's my Glitch themed Spacecruiser, enjoy! :)
    //I used the "Homesick" Mod in addition to this one, to be able to use the glitch's racial blocks!
    [​IMG]

lizard455 and madtulip like this.
  6. Shad0w

Shad0w Big Damn Hero

I installed it but there no receipts in the ship craft thing.
    Any idea how to fix this.

7. madtulip

Haha :) here i can perfectly place "RTFM!". Sorry about that, but there is in fact a manual which is 1 block left of the ship crafting station. Pick that up and it teaches you all the reciepies. It is placed there like a table or other object would be you have to "mine" it befor it comes loose.

8. AtomicStryker

AtomicStryker Starship Captain

May i suggest using the /mods/ and bootstrap method for installing instead, it works perfectly fine and doesn't require you to overwrite vanilla files

put the "madtulip" folder inside another arbitrarily named modfolder in Starbound/mods/, i chose "shipmod". Put the universe_server_config inside that folder, too.
    You should now have a folder Starbound/mods/shipmod with universe_server_config and folder madtulip inside it, which contains objects, recipes (typo in folder name?!) and so on
    Now add said folder to your bootstrap.config, like "../mods/shipmod"
    Then either create a new char or delete your ship save file
    Works fine. I managed to lose both my rear thrusters to gravity, gg me.

Deathwing likes this.
  9. madtulip

ah, yes. this was planned for the next update among other things to come :) thank you very much for the instruction. ill update the install instructions with the next patch accordingly! sorry for your thrusters mate :) there are more to come.

10. madtulip

11. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

I like the idea of the mod, but why did you use a site that makes you download a virus or adware/malware in order to download it free? Or an SVN only download. You're making it hard for anyone to download the mod without first installing a risky program or an SVN manager.

12. madtulip

i updated the main page. you have to click on "madtulip.rar" without downloading anything. the usual annoying comercial, sorry. was the first hoster i found on google. i guess by my next update this will be gone when the starbound intern file hosting is working.

13. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

https://db.tt/pXCtuoT - Boom, free hosting of files :p I've used this service for years, ever since it first came out. I almost have 16GB of free storage and you can constantly keep it synchronized to the internet, kinda like an SVN even. Anyhow. You can create linkable file downloads and anyone who views a page or even a folder of items can download with or without dropbox installed or even an account. Examples:
    Direct public link to a file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30270697/dropshipFULLFixed.png
    Link to a publicly accessible folder of files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ejckklu5in9fns4/mcknpMfVKm
    Notice how both don't require an account? And the folder view one allows you to download all the files in the link at the same time? It auto zips them for you.

Use that first link to get 500MB additional space if you want to try dropbox out. I've had over 50,000 files in my dropbox once. lol, it made the file listing huge so I ended up zipping them. :p

14. madtulip

yea sounds cool. thanks for the info, but i think ill go just with the official one as soon as they got that stable. :)

15. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

Alright :p Well dropbox is an all around everything file share thing, if you ever want to use it. I have 8 folders syncronized between friends PCs and mine even, if they add something to the folder, it appears on my PC as well, same for vise versa. :p I had an SVN at one point and it bogged down my whole system a bit.

16. madtulip

well this drifts a bit off, but i use SVN because i want to be able to rollback from revision 340 to 287 or because i want to check a file in 2 version for differences in its content. SVN is a choice if its about plain text files like code. dropbox is about space and availability of larger binary or otherwise none humand readable files. back to topic :)

17. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

You're missing the top row of pixels in the FTL Drive graphic, in one of the frames.
    [​IMG]

18. madtulip

thanks for the bug report, will be fixed

19. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

I swear, if you put another pixel out of line, we'll bring you straight home! (Harry Potter Howler Reference xP)

Linked your mod in my video, and shown a preview of it in action. :p

Figured you'd like having some people seeing it in action. (Video is still processing, should be finished any minute now)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. Sem

Sem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a great mod. At first, I didn't want to use it because I really loved the other ship mods and editing my own. Then all the slight alignment issues and pixel errors finally got to me and I said 'eh, lets give it a try'. Been slowly building my own avian temple ship for the last two days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.