1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ocean Pictures!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Stargazer, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Discuss.

Edit by Tiy

Hey hey,
    Sadly these images were leaked :( that's not the finished ocean. The water has light rays streaming through it and a bunch of bells and whistles.
    That said, once a screenshot is out there it's out there, so I'm not going to try to take them down or anything like that. But I do need to remove them from dropbox because of bandwidth constraints. I've uploaded the images again to imgur here:

http://i.imgur.com/XxcOf.png
    http://i.imgur.com/lWk4X.png

With a bonus image:

http://i.imgur.com/8QFqj.png

Thorin, ignika, jhnnybgood and 36 others like this.
  2. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

awesome :D love the ocean!

3. CalamityQuote

CalamityQuote Phantasmal Quasar

Can't wait until we get to see some underwater cities. The water, sunset and island looks amazing. :)

4. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

It looks really nice. My only suggestion is adding some distinctive colouring (perhaps darker than now) to the submerged area, including the blocks, to make the distinction between underwater and above water clearer. :)

Serenity, Braxtrose, Zody and 5 others like this.
  5. Zone IV

Zone IV Industrial Terraformer

It appears this traveler is stranded on an island. Soon his only friend will be that lone cactus. You could say he got himself in quite a prickle.

Jerln, Israphial, Morfessa and 6 others like this.
  6. Rowdy Art

Rowdy Art Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm...this seems to be the first picture with this kind of tree in it. I can't wait to play this game!

7. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I can see waves.Awsome.

Klemar and Mokunen like this.
  8. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Stargazer we both made a thread about oceans at the same time.
    Except yours has pictures, and they are sexy.

:rainbow:

9. Stargazer

I was about 4 minutes earlier. :p

10. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

I'll get a mod to lock mine then.

11. Better yet, just merge your thread's OP with this one. :)

That ocean backdrop is so shiny. Makes me excited to see the underwater portion of the ocean bio--OMG THAT CHARACTER'S SITTING. OR CROUCHING. OR BURIED IN SAND. *3rd picture
    [​IMG]

Zouleena, WWarrior, Duplo and 8 others like this.
  12. Anris

Anris Phantasmal Quasar

I want nothing more than to make a villa on such and island and return to relax when I need a break.
    Also it's strange how that tree's top is bent in the first and last pic yet still in the middle one.

Keeper likes this.
  13. I believe that's because the tree's swaying. In some of the livestream videos, the trees in the background sway. It's an aesthetic touch, but makes the game feel less static.~

14. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

honestly it took me a while to see where the ocean began D: its really hard to see.

15. Mokunen

Mokunen Void-Bound Voyager

I was just about to ask about waves and tides. You're right, there seems to be a wave to the left, in the first picture! Keen eyesight, by the way.
    Wow, the devs really think of everything. Also, is that reddish thing in the sand some kind of ore? If so, glad it doesn't look completely uniform.

EDIT: The water level is also lower in the first picture.

Braxtrose likes this.
  16. Torcularis

Torcularis Title Not Found

I didn't think that pixel-y graphics could be beautiful, but you, sir/madam, have shown me the light.

Diet Soda likes this.
  17. Medricel

Medricel Space Spelunker

I can't be the only one who thinks that having the sun itself get darker as it sets just looks wrong. Suns are bright things, and they should stay bright even as they crest the horizon. Once the sun is completely below the horizon does the deepest darkness set in.

18. Now it cannot be unseen! :lod:

19. Stargazer

Yeah, I think it would look a lot better if the sun was orange and there was a pretty sunset. :)

20. Where'd these come from?