Custom Mount, Mechs, and Spacecraft

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Omega Shadowcry, Jun 10, 2012.

?

What do you thing of these Ideas.

1. This is awesome.

77.0%
  2. It could be better, but then again, everything could be better....

13.8%
  3. We'll see.

8.0%
  4. I only liked a few things about it, but I have (an/some) idea(s) for the others.[post below please]

1.1%
  1. Omega Shadowcry

Omega Shadowcry Cosmic Narwhal

Omega Shadowcry here. This idea was inspired by few other things I saw. I now return you to your regular(-ish:lolwut: ) scheduled forum thread.

The basic Idea here is to start with any old generic Mount, Mech, or Spacecraft, strip it down to it's bare parts, and customize the $#*% out of it. By that, I mean put armor plating all over it, stick a generator of pointlessly massive size in it, follow that up with energy saws, and top it off with a plasma launcher.

Mounts
    •Mounts could either be Organic or Cybernetic. To customize an organic mount, you must first capture it, then proceed to buy a room for your space station so that customization can become available through research of that creature. A simple mount is obtained after 15 creatures from any planet or combination of planets are researched, if you do not already have a mount. The more creatures one researches, the more option become available for one's mounts.
    •Cybernetic mounts require this aforementioned room and a Mechanization room. This is not a completely robotic mount, just a cybernetically enhanced one.

SUBGROUP: OVERCLOCK AND CRITICAL MASS
    (Under construction)

Mechs
    •Mechs only have one main variation, but they have more customization options than Mounts. Instead of legs, you could go with treads, or with a hovering variant. Instead of a sword or a gun, you could have an energy whip or a drill. (Guren Lagan reference! w00t.)
    •On the flip side, there would be a couple downsides. To get a mech, you need to have enhanced 5 smallish mounts or 1 really big mount. (The research builds up, there's no need to keep it, unless you really want have a few of the status buffs that mounts give you, which mechs cannot.) On top of that, you would need an ultra-advanced battery or reactor of sort (Maybe a Raksasa's solarized skin?) [Honorable mention on the Monster Monster contest]

Spaceships
    •Space ships would be the top tier of technology. Of course, you get a free spaceship after you upgrade your space station to the capacity, but it's of the lowest quality. Higher quality spacecraft with more customization require a very specific upgrade, which I haven't determined. Spaceship customization would include FTL drives, overclocked mechanical features, those lights from Tron, heck, maybe even a mini-space station inside of the larger ones.
    •There would need some serious downsides so that there not Overpowered. Perhaps it needs a crew who need some form of pay? Maybe a next-to-constant source of power? (Again with that Raksasa skin).

NEW IDEA: TRANSFORMATION!
    •This idea would allow for even more advanced mechs and spacecraft. Say that someone has two medium-sized mech, one a hovercraft-type tank, one a reverse-legged robot. While those two would be pretty powerful on their own, transformation would give the option to combine those into one large mech that can switch back and forth at will.
    •On the downside, if those mechs had any previous transformations before, they are now lost. on top of that, mech transformation is expensive. Not only would you need to completely re-engineer the cores and the chassis, you would also need to find the tech in order to flip between modes without making you disoriented. I'm thinking of a gyroscopic cockpit.
    •In addition, If you have one large transforming mech and one small-ish spacecraft, you go even further and combine those into a slightly larger spacecraft that turns into a both alt-forms of the mech. This is end-game type tech, until I think of something even more advanced.

NEW IDEA 2: Yggdrasil, Levitas, Planetary/ Solar Shielding and Fortress Planets
    •For those of you who don't know, "Yggdrasil" is pulled from Norse mythology. Yggdrasil is the world tree, a gigantic tree that contained all of the Realms: Asgard, Midgard, Helheim, Vanaheim, and the like.

•Now onto the idea. My idea for a theoretical "World Tree" is a gigantic WarpNet that would allow for near-instantaneous travel between many planets. However, it needs several "Hubs" in order function in a way that allows one to come out with one's eyes still in one's head and not one's back. It would also need a large, inconceivably large main hub. Each hub needs to powered by.... something incredibly energetic. Perhaps a Black Hole Core?

•Levitas would be a massive construct, a fusion of Organics and Machinery, built for planetary invasion and destruction. Such a large Creature need a host of support systems: Pulse Jets, Life Support, Delta Rigel-G.N. level Energy Repair & Support Systems (D.R.G.N. E.R.S.S.); You know, standard, complex space combat gear. Probably above Transformation in Tech Tier. In honor of SUPCOM 1 & 2, I shall call this the "Experimental Tier". Now available in Eastern Dragon, Western Dragon, Cephalopod-like, and Wierd Worb (Think H.P. Lovecraft meets Cyberpunk).

•Planetary Shielding, until you get Fortress Worlds, is the next best thing to an Anti-Levitas system. They consist of three parts: A few main Ground buildings, some link stations, and a crap-ton of mid-orbit satellites. The Main ground buildings can be anywhere in numbers from 2 to 5, depending on the planet size. These project several large energy beams to link stations, preferably on the highest points of the planet for least energy loss. The stations the project many focused beams to multiple satellites, which would project the shield so they remain within it. A couple of downsides are (A), you need a Slipshield Technology to get past them, and, until you do, ( :cool: all spaceships must be built outside the shield. A much large version of this is the Solar shield, which projects a massive shield across an entire system, while being slightly weaker due to particle spread.

•And finally, I leave you with FORTRESS WORLDS! These are massive, planet-sized Fortresses and Factories, with 2 main goals in mind: Obliterate Attackers and Annihilate Defenders. The only counter for one of these is either a large fleet of World Serpents, or another Fortress World. Since these are literally planet-sized machines, they mind-boggling hard to obtain, since they need a crew, a pulse jet system, a power source of ABSURD proportion, and a ****-ton of material. (Wait, I'm not allowed to say that? Not even on the Webernet?!) Anyways, obtaining enough matter to create even a low-level Fortress Planet requires you mine an entire planet to it's core, and start building Machinery all around the core, but in such a way that you are never put in danger. A high-level Fortress Planet, like an Assault World, require you take almost all of the material from 3 worlds (Perhaps with a harvester world built early on?), then compress and superheat the cores. THEN you may build around it.
    •The downsides are that it is IMMENSE, so a "Covert Assault" becomes nigh-impossible (unless a Stealth world is built, but I'm not getting into that quite yet). Another problem is crew count. Large Factory worlds can produce High-Tier (Reasoning, thinking, Logical, and, most importantly, FAST) robots as crew for itself and other worlds, but this takes a very long time to build such a world. Another problem is power. The hearts of several lesser black holes (Or half of a Greater one) would be need to draw power from.
    •Despite this, the worlds can have a Variety of Adaptions. If planetary warfare isn't your style, perhaps a Peacekeeper world is more to your liking. If robotic crew members seem to not work for you, then try the Cloner Version. If you need materials FAST, then call in the Harvesters (They are about the size of a small moon, are mostly autonomous, and have a crap-ton of space inside..... from using lesser quantum physics and such, that is.) Need a way covertly take out an enemy? Use the stealth model, which is about twice as big as a Harvester. Need the ULTIMATE deterrent? Use the Omega-class Type-001 Transforming Planetary Fortress, dubbed the "Unicron" model (and yes, the Unicron from Transformers-G1). Currently, no tier higher than this exists. Fuel is a MASSIVE issue with these thing. Geo-thermal might work, but that's pointless on larger worlds.

New Idea 3: Additionals

•Artillery, courtesy of turntechGodhead: An included bonus to certain fortress worlds would be this, with a twist on a few. IE, a unit cannon for a fortress or clone world.
    •Powered Armor: Not so much a vehicle per say, but more of a low-level, wearable mech. May include anything from plasma cannons to jump pads. Not as common as you think.
    •SPAAAAAAAAACE Objects: the wreckage of ancient machinery, which can sometimes act a mine, or an entire planet-sized dungeon. Great for building over and saving resources, but extremely high risk. I'm talking these-things-eat-slendermens-for-breakfast-on-fire risk level. Can also be smaller stuff, like cores *cough cough*, black boxes, ammo, refined materials, etc.
    •Alternate Research Options, partly thanks to TTCBuilder: #1-- Allows you to build a central research lab, which would passively research items and could be upgraded with more a competent staff and better equipment.
    #2-- Explore ancient Tech-type ruins and scavenge fortress worlds for goodies.
    #3-- <To Be Determined>
    •Mod Compatibility: If this ends up as a mod, then you know what this needs...
    •Ruin types: Eldritch (Dark and horrifying, like a Lovecraftian Nightmare), Tech (Precursors, Dwemer, Sentient Machines, etc.), Hive (not some much a ruin as an actual hive of creatures), Draconic (take a guess), Easter Egg/ Shout-Out ruins (Skyrim, Terraria, Minecraft, Endless Space, Darksiders, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, TVTropes, etc. etc. etc.) and many others that may or may not be combinations of the above.
    •Enhanced Genetics: Work like stat boots and/or hyper-additional customization options. Give a boost to yourself, your mounts, and/or your cyborgs. Go ahead, you've earned it. Only available after reaching 15 full ecosystems to 75% each.
    •Enhanced Engineering and Mechanics (partly courtesy of Kalvuric) : like the above, but for mechs and other mechanical gear.
    •More to come!

I might add some more stuff if I'm given some legitimately good ideas.

I still hate waiting.:lod:

All these ideas would need to be coded to the player who built/ enhanced them, so that no griefing occurs.

Like I just said, I am more than willing to accept any legit ideas.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. rabbiter

rabbiter Void-Bound Voyager

Right now I don't have any ideas, but I really like yours! For the crew, I actually like that better because it gives a point to money. In terraria I have so much money and nothing to spend it on. Here is a place where you have to pay again and again.

3. Omega Shadowcry

Major Necro time.......
    And no, I will not vote on my own content, before anyone asks. I'm not that egotistical!

4. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

Nice!
    i like it!

5. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Awesome! Along my Customizable Support Bots idea (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/customizable-support-bots.5360/) Customizing Weapons (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/disarranging-reconstructing-weapons.10977/) And DNA Mixer (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/dna-mixer.465/) we can make an game that everyone likes, since everyone can play it their way, customizing whatever they want!

An Incognito Tuxedo likes this.
  6. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

Dude. This is amazing.

7. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

Like it a lot.

8. Omega Shadowcry

@Azazel, turntechGodhead, Sarzael & Auraknight: Thank you.

Auraknight likes this.
  9. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

Might I suggest Artillery Batteries, Omega? They'd be nice on a Fortress World.

10. Omega Shadowcry

New section + names for suggested ideas.

@turntechGodhead: Done.

11. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Infinite possibilities as far as starbound's concerned!

12. Awwkaw

Awwkaw Starship Captain

first of, i like the idea

second: in stead of "Jordumgdr thyny" i'm going to write midgårdsormen, wich is the danish word for the worm, sorry for that, but to do otherwise would be wierd.

third: the problem with having midgårdsormen in the game, is that the game is 2 dimentional, and when you fufil the myth (even thou i don't believe in the mythology i'm still kinda nostalgic) the worm go around the hole world, and bite itself in the tale, this means that it would lye on top of the world, and noone hat any chance to worlk on it.

13. Omega Shadowcry

When I say "Jormungandr", I only mean a gigantic space serpent, a bit like out the Avengers movie. Just bigger and longer. Nonetheless, thank you.

14. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

My pleasure.
    [​IMG]

15. Awwkaw

Awwkaw Starship Captain

fine, but if it make it into the game, i'd like it to have another name, i'm wouldn't like to hate starbound for the same reason i hate the Thor and Avengers movies (if you know the northern mythology, they're pretty much the worst movies ever)

16. Omega Shadowcry

@Awwkaw: I'm open to suggestions. I don't just want to name it something lousy like "Starwinder" and have people hate me for it, after all.

17. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

I don't like the idea of having to have the items to tech up.
    I like teching up by research much more, some people, like me, like to sell some of their extra junk,
    not just find room for it because other wise they will tech down.
    If you could have a second alternative where the first one is by your current system and the second one
    is tech based, research, that would be awesome.

18. Omega Shadowcry

@TTCBulder: Could you elaborate a little? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

19. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

Instead I would want it to be like:
    You have to research a large mech chassis which you can research after wheeled chassis.

20. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Cool idea,