Customizable Support Bots

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Sarzael, May 4, 2012.

1. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Some small bots that follow you around and help you depending on what equipment you give them.

Robot Pieces:

Corecard:
    This piece is needed by ALL the bots, as it defines its AI.
    Kinds of Corecards:
    Ranger: Bots whit this Corecard will stay away from enemies, and fire at them when no obstacles beetween them.
    Meele: Bots whit this Corecard will charge agaisnt enemies, and slash them crazily, triying to keep them away while hitting them.
    Support: Bots whit this Corecard wont attack enemies, nor run away, they will stay close to their user whit their support item.
    Healers: Bots whit this Corecard will target user, so better dont give them a gun, or they will hit you!
    Defense: Bots whit this Corecard will take the hits for you, while holding the item you give them, so you can give them shields and they will take the damage instead of you!
    Customizable: Bots with this Corecard can be programmed though iterations IF-THEN-ELSE and other conditions.
    High Technology.

[​IMG]

Engine:
    In the engine depends the speed. Also, some bots wont be able to go trough some terrains whitout certain engines, example, if you want to go underwater, bot will need an engine capable of traveling underwater.
    Actually, the idea, is that, like weapons, the Engine haves procedurally generated stats, while that some will always have/never have certain features, like Traveling Underwater.

Shield/Armor:
    In this depends the life of the Bot. Shield/Armor defines both, HP and Defense. Some Shields/Armor, will reduce the Bot Speed, and some will need certain kind of engines. They have prodedurally generated stats.

Item:
    In this depends the item that the Bot holds. Simply put any item here, and he will use it. Some items are better used whit certain Corecards, like, a bot holding a flashlight whit ranger, will target enemies whit flashlight, one whit support will simply use it in direction you re looking at, and a healer will target it at you, however, you shouldnt give it a meele, since its suicide.
    Some combos might even be dangerous, like, give a gun to a healer type, and he will fire gun at you, dealing you damage, however, if you give a healing item to a healer type, he will heal you.

Model:
    Model is the Bot Skin, and also, some kinds of models may feature bot being able to hold more than 1 of each piece, like it having two engines, one capable of traveling underwater, and one really fast in air! Or being capable to hold two items! However, it is impossible to have more than 1 Corecard. Also, some models make stats better.

Bag:
    Bag is an inventory for the bot. The bot will take items from here and use them whenever it needs. Specially useful for Customizable Bots. Starting Size depends in Model and can be upgraded later.
    There is an section of the Bag (Barely a line) on where you can put items and bot wont use them, thus allowing you to put items in there as if it was a mini-movile-chest.

Tell me what you think!

See also... http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/disarranging-reconstructing-weapons.10977/

2. Peberro

Peberro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yessss.
    I want a healer bot that gives me kiwi juice. And burgers.
    EDIT: Also stop spamming it on irc

3. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I just told it two times, whit an time difference beetween two of them, so that cant be considered spam, else all the quotes would be spamming since im repeating same message lol.
    Anyways, Kiwi Juice FTW!!! (And burgers)

Auraknight likes this.
  4. Peberro

Ohwow.
    And PvP teamkilling healer bots with guns would be awsum tool for griefing.

SPARTEN1337 X13 and Auraknight like this.
  5. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Nope, as they only target the one who created it, not other people! So if someone try to do this, he will have an ploblem...!
    However, while PVP is on, ranger/meele bots will target any player who deals damage to you (Not healing etc, but damaging or causing debuffs)

6. Peberro

Wait a second!
    Lemme sneak to enemy healer bots.
    And put rocket launcher on it.

7. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Only people who controls the bot may modify it!

Auraknight likes this.
  8. Peberro

No way.
    I'll get a disguise kit.

9. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Bot has sensors that only detect their truly controller!

Auraknight likes this.
  10. Peberro

Uuuuu D:
    Hmmm
    I KNOW!
    Put my Brain-control helmet on the owner.
    Ohohohoh

11. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Bot will break it!

Auraknight likes this.
  12. Peberro

FFFFUUUUU
    i give up.

Auraknight likes this.
  13. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Like always, i win!
    BTW, enough offtopic for now. Lets try to go ontopic since now:
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Senshiro and Auraknight like this.
  14. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

Interesting idea, I think it would probably be more appropriate if you could build them in some sort of workshop on your ship, unless that's what you meant, I like the idea of building like a dwarven spider :p

Also, love your avi sarz

Auraknight likes this.
  15. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

This is a branch of the Technologic tree, you first develop the bots, then you can develop items needed to make it work. An bot needs atleast a Corecard and a Engine to work.

Thanks by the way.

16. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for the clarification on that :p

and your welcome :)

17. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

please spell it right. If I were a mod I would change it myself.

OT: Very good idea though the support thing should like give a potion every 50 seconds or heal you.

18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Thats what healers are for.
    And reason my grammar is not very good is since im Spanish.

19. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

so support just follows around? Make it Nyan Cat and I can accept it.

20. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

He follows you HOLDING the item.
    This means, that he will follow you, while holding for example a flashlight on direction you look at, so, you have one free hand, since you wont need to carry flashlight.
    Or a radar, imagine a radar that tells you where enemies are in darkness, the robot would hold it and show you where they are.

Or a shield generator that protects everyone in a radius, he would be nearby you holding it, and you would be protected.