1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Hackable Keypads GXML 1.4.2

Adds programmable, wire-able keypads for passcode entry! (can be "hacked" in game)

1. Ruban Crusade
    Includes a keypad that you can set your own code for and wire to doors, hatches, and other objects so that the code must be entered.
    Once placed, accessing the keypad allows for 3 main options:
    -Enter the code (activates wired node for 5 seconds)
    -Change the code (requires current code then allows entry of new code)
    -Hack the console (a "Mastermind" style hacking system which allows entry if completed)

Any code set on the item will stay with it. That means if you set the code, 'break' the item and place it somewhere else, the code will be the same.

Currently there is no crafting recipe, so to get it in game you must use the admin command:
    /spawnitem hackconsole2
    This has been fixed! You can still use this command if desired, but recipes are now included (see the "XAML" patch notes)

Future plans:
    :confirm:Add more keypads (different appearances) Currently 2 different types ("GXML 1.2" and higher) More to come!
    :confirm:Force entry of code upon initial placement (so you don't have to know the default '1111') Now included! ("XAML" patch and higher)
    :confirm:Add recipe for crafting Now included! ("XAML" patch and higher)
    -Add dungeons or similar chances for you to encounter them (in use) in the world
    -Add a penalty for unsuccessful hacking
    :confirm:Add more/different hacking methods (may relate to type of keypad) Currently 2 different types ("GXML 1.2" and higher) More to come!
    -Add books (lore) on hacking, including instructions, tips/tricks, and more
    :confirm:Make keypads unbreakable without entering the code or hacking Added for the "Voice Recognizer" ("GXML 1.2" and higher) Probably going to be a standard feature of all future "keypad" types
    -Add other keypad items (chests?)

Please contact me directly with any questions, suggestions, or issues, especially with compatibility with other mods.

All original image assets.

If you are interested in contributing to this mod, please PM me.

Recent Reviews

1. MegaMorpeh
    MegaMorpeh
    5/5,
    Version: GXML 1.4.2
    Nice, but update pls
  2. junili
    junili
    5/5,
    good
  3. Vipersrage
    Vipersrage
    4/5,
    It provides that atmosphere that you're a super secret spy going into his base...Or someone else's base.
  4. Kallyous
    Kallyous
    5/5,
    Their recipes should be on the Wire station. Anyway, great mod. Using an Shielded Apex lab as a base. Will be an excellent multiplayer base.
  5. Ryan Draconis
    Ryan Draconis
    5/5,
    Use these keypads in refitted dungeon base with shield generator still intact to make a nearly unbreakable fort.

Though I do have a suggestion. Maybe newer keypads could have a secondary output for failed hacking attempts, something people could wire to a security system, although this would probably require a bigger keypad in order to fit the extra nodes. Just an idea assuming an object can have multiple outputs.

Another idea is harder to hack keypads, perhaps a digit keypad with multiple stage passwords (Pass1>pass2>pass3>Access.) Assuming that wouldn't be a nightmare to code.

And last but not least, making the trigger time configurable, sometimes 5 seconds is too long/short other time the keypad may be used as a toggle and thus only needs to send out a single button pulse.
    -----------------------
    Actual Review part:
    The mod is fun and does the job as an added bit of security, it would be nice if the keypads could be integrated into vanilla doors just by crafting them with any keypad of choice, making an unbreakable locked door. This mod is best used in locations that have a shield generator to prevent block breaking, there are also means to make the shield generators spawnable (If you look around).

Overall a worth while mod if you play on a faction server or just like the security theme.
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions. I have been working on some failure penalties/consequences, but never thought to have an alarm type output; I will have to consider that and what it would take.
      As for the multi-stage hacking, I have thought about doing that as well as ways of upgrading pads to make the puzzles harder. Would you do different puzzles, or just the same puzzles over?
      PM me or join the Discussion thread and we can go more into depth on this.
      Thanks!
  6. JamesConway0013
    JamesConway0013
    5/5,
    Great mod, but maybe you include Outpost-like keypad so players can select?
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the feedback! I'm not sure I understand what you mean, though. You just want the placed object to be larger?
  7. Tyerial
    Tyerial
    3/5,
    Version: GXML - 1.4
    wanna give it a higher than 3 rating but if server restarts or crashes everyone looses ownership of there doors and must hack them but can never remove them
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      PM me about this. This should not be happening and I've done a lot to try and fix that very issue.
  8. pandavova
    pandavova
    3/5,
    Its cool, but i forgot the what i sayed at Voice-Pad! I hack it but icant destroy it :(
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Voice Recognizers don't use a code, they are character based. Did you change characters?
  9. Inferno Lord
    Inferno Lord
    1/5,
    new up date ruined it not as fun and boring
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      How so? What is it about this update that ruined it for you?
  10. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    The new doors are awesome!^^
    Brilliant idea that :D
    Thx