1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Hackable Keypads GXML 1.4.2

Adds programmable, wire-able keypads for passcode entry! (can be "hacked" in game)

1. MegaMorpeh
    MegaMorpeh
    5/5,
    Version: GXML 1.4.2
    Nice, but update pls
  2. junili
    junili
    5/5,
    good
  3. Vipersrage
    Vipersrage
    4/5,
    It provides that atmosphere that you're a super secret spy going into his base...Or someone else's base.
  4. Kallyous
    Kallyous
    5/5,
    Their recipes should be on the Wire station. Anyway, great mod. Using an Shielded Apex lab as a base. Will be an excellent multiplayer base.
  5. Ryan Draconis
    Ryan Draconis
    5/5,
    Use these keypads in refitted dungeon base with shield generator still intact to make a nearly unbreakable fort.

Though I do have a suggestion. Maybe newer keypads could have a secondary output for failed hacking attempts, something people could wire to a security system, although this would probably require a bigger keypad in order to fit the extra nodes. Just an idea assuming an object can have multiple outputs.

Another idea is harder to hack keypads, perhaps a digit keypad with multiple stage passwords (Pass1>pass2>pass3>Access.) Assuming that wouldn't be a nightmare to code.

And last but not least, making the trigger time configurable, sometimes 5 seconds is too long/short other time the keypad may be used as a toggle and thus only needs to send out a single button pulse.
    -----------------------
    Actual Review part:
    The mod is fun and does the job as an added bit of security, it would be nice if the keypads could be integrated into vanilla doors just by crafting them with any keypad of choice, making an unbreakable locked door. This mod is best used in locations that have a shield generator to prevent block breaking, there are also means to make the shield generators spawnable (If you look around).

Overall a worth while mod if you play on a faction server or just like the security theme.
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions. I have been working on some failure penalties/consequences, but never thought to have an alarm type output; I will have to consider that and what it would take.
      As for the multi-stage hacking, I have thought about doing that as well as ways of upgrading pads to make the puzzles harder. Would you do different puzzles, or just the same puzzles over?
      PM me or join the Discussion thread and we can go more into depth on this.
      Thanks!
  6. JamesConway0013
    JamesConway0013
    5/5,
    Great mod, but maybe you include Outpost-like keypad so players can select?
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the feedback! I'm not sure I understand what you mean, though. You just want the placed object to be larger?
  7. Tyerial
    Tyerial
    3/5,
    Version: GXML - 1.4
    wanna give it a higher than 3 rating but if server restarts or crashes everyone looses ownership of there doors and must hack them but can never remove them
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      PM me about this. This should not be happening and I've done a lot to try and fix that very issue.
  8. pandavova
    pandavova
    3/5,
    Its cool, but i forgot the what i sayed at Voice-Pad! I hack it but icant destroy it :(
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Voice Recognizers don't use a code, they are character based. Did you change characters?
  9. Inferno Lord
    Inferno Lord
    1/5,
    new up date ruined it not as fun and boring
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      How so? What is it about this update that ruined it for you?
  10. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    The new doors are awesome!^^
    Brilliant idea that :D
    Thx
  11. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    Version: GXML - 1.2
    Thank you :D
    Very well done Mod, no bug what so ever (yet^^)
    The added Voice (Player specific) pad is a beautiful idea and also very well done!
    A must have for (paranoid) builders!^^
    Keep on the good work!
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      There are some other mods with unbreakable blocks. I'm thinking about seeing if they will let me add their mods in or creating my own. I think also creating the doors will help. Imagine a door that has the Voice Recognizer built into it so it's unbreakable except by allowed users!
  12. CrimsonGiraffe
    CrimsonGiraffe
    5/5,
    I absolutely love this mod, both for keeping my storage secure and locking other players into/out of their own base :D
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Haha, oh man, that's just cruel! I like it!
  13. Marcus McDiel
    Marcus McDiel
    5/5,
    Pretty sweet. Once you can actually make blocks unbreakable and wiring only workable by the person who placed it, this will be THE best way to secure your base. But the pad looks a bit flat - maybe consider using the outpost keypad graphics? :)
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      I had thought about that. The only reason I didn't use a more intricate graphic was because I wanted it to be only 1x1 block big. Most keypads/switches in the game are 2x2 or bigger and I wanted to avoid that. Maybe I'll throw that out there and see if people would rather have bigger, more detailed, more obvious pads or not (or both?!). Thanks!
  14. Hibob42
    Hibob42
    5/5,
    Version: GXML - 1.0
    Wonderful, works great for bases that you want no one to get into.
  15. jeselual38
    jeselual38
    5/5,
    Version: XAML - Nightly (12-2-14)
    This mod is just great
  16. teihoo
    teihoo
    5/5,
    Version: XML - Nightly (11-25)
    Great! It works, but it needs a bit more info how the board works, I noticed the icons and logic you can do, so i kinda made it that the lights go off after a while, but I'd need some more understanding of the logic behind it :) Keep it up, this will be useful! Also, sometimes when I click a number it enters it a few times, and there's no "backspace" button :)
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      I have (hopefully) resolved the issue where the number enters repeatedly. I will consider a "backspace" in the future.
  17. Armed Mosquito
    Armed Mosquito
    5/5,
    Version: XML - Nightly (11-25)
    This mod is epic! Great stuff! I love it totally new unique fresh, and needed! I love how you didn't just make it keypads with a code but making them hack-able made it over the top for me!
    1. Ruban Crusade
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback. Stay tuned for more hacking fun!